Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation The last Anime you watched?

13 hours ago, rainbowdashacademy said:

I watch the kick ass reboot to one of my favorite anime's Bakugan Battle Planet is awesome and other night Catgod !

Plus is Steven Universe consider jap. Anime ? Because it is get good on season five Diamond Days .

Steven Universe is not anime.

On 12/29/2018 at 3:35 PM, Desperado-04 said:

Kakegurui

I've already posted too much about this but I don't get what people like about this show. It's so bad. If you want battle of wits anime there are others that are a million times better. Kakegurui is just a fanservice show with psycho lesbians.

---

Anyway, my favorite anime of the year would probably be A Place Further Than the Universe. For this upcoming season I had hopes for Boogiepop but it looks like the first two episodes were pretty lame. Maybe Shield Hero can deliver.. if not I still got Slime.

• Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, Jokuc said:

I've already posted too much about this but I don't get what people like about this show. It's so bad. If you want battle of wits anime there are others that are a million times better. Kakegurui is just a fanservice show with psycho lesbians.

---

Anyway, my favorite anime of the year would probably be A Place Further Than the Universe. For this upcoming season I had hopes for Boogiepop but it looks like the first two episodes were pretty lame. Maybe Shield Hero can deliver.. if not I still got Slime.

Yeah just watched preview/premiere of Shield Hero and if it keeps up that quality id say it'll be my favourite this season unless mob psycho exceeds my expectations.

About Kakegurui it's not as much battle of wits as it is the combination of visual storytelling and the underlying psychological elements that fuel the interactions between the characters that interest me.

The visuals of the first season reminded me a lot of Monogatari series which is why I liked it though the ending kinda flopped a bit but not enough to ruin the series for me atleast.

As for my anime of the year 2018 i have to go with Mo Dao Zu Shi even though the story was bit lacking depth wise the visuals and the audio combined were more than enough to get me into the series.

Others worth noting were Hinamatsuri and A place further than the universe. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Desperado-04 said:

68a2e596797b4cd62705b2792cc073150eee2ca8_hq.thumb.jpg.f0490f3f60f2c00840652e2e692ea196.jpg

Hells (2008)                      

Oh hey, I just bought this a couple weeks ago. Saw a few clips and now I have to see it.

---

I just finished the new Baki series. I've never seen the original but the new one was amazing. It was so unapologetically brutal. I couldn't help but love how quickly most of the fights were decided.

9 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

So quickly gonna derail this thread a bit but I've been on the fence about watching this one. Is it any better than season one? 

Well, I enjoyed this series, mainly Yumeko, the MC of this series is OP, and I enjoy her character from being that nice cute girl, then going to a crazed psycho when she starts gambling. Also dig the facial expressions of the other characters, as well. :-D