Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation The last Anime you watched?

Last one I watched was Battle Angel Alita, although that was only a two part OVA.  I could take it or leave it to be honest, the new film and the Manga are both better in their own ways.

The last full series I watched was The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, which I would strongly recommend to anyone.  The titular character, on paper at least, should be completely unlikable but somehow manages to confound that expectation and comes across at utterly adorable.

8 hours ago, rainbowdashacademy said:

Here's some comedy adult ones you might like one is Nonsense ninja and Dogdays enjoy!

8 hours ago, Barnstormer said:

They'd probably like One Punch Man as well.

I'll give them a try, thanks! I also enjoy Lucky Star

Edited by NightmareLuna1996

The last anime I'd watched was My Hero Academia.

A Discord friend was fangirl-praising it and fangirled to me how great it was and how "YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT HURRY UP GO WATCH IT". lol

So I ended up completing all three seasons in exactly 3 days. :wacko:

The Rising of the Shield Hero.

A quick synopsis would be this guy is summoned into a fantasy world with three other guys and he's hyped to get started on his epic adventure. However, the only companion to go with him betrayed him by falsely accusing him of sexually assaulting her leaving him a pariah with no one to rely on by himself. This leads him to become a full on MGTOW capitalist objectivist edgelord which is as awesome as it is sad and I like it. Pretty decent dark spin on the isekai genre that usually has NEETs fall into piles of women and money because they're actually Jesus.

They cut down on the edge from the LN for the anime adaptation, most likely to make it more palatable to western audiences. Not really a fan of this choice, but it's still a pretty good adaptation so far. Looking forward to more.

Also, despite what others may tell you, there's literally nothing wrong with lewding the raccoon. She's level 18. See? Officer...

mwrgeeox28c21.thumb.png.afed4c6e1c2a6ac1e4473e747657a6d7.png

Edited by Twiggy

• 1 month later...

Domestic na Kanojo

It's... a thing. It's kinda like if you took a hentai, and replaced all the fucking with drama and angst. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it, but I am still watching that if that says something.

6 hours ago, Bas said:

What is that.

I thought Super DB is the current one running? Spin-off?

Dragon Ball Super is the canon continuation of the story after DBZ. DB Heroes is a non canon spinoff based on/involving some characters/events in the Xenoverse games and the DB Heroes card game, and is basically a way for them to pit characters against each other that didn't or would never meet in canon, in a 'who would win' scenario.

Took me a while to finally start watching GTO, long time recommend series from my friend and I must say that the first ten episodes have been a blast. Will definitely keep going every night until I finish it.

(edited)

I watched the first episode of the new Fruits Basket series. I hope I can get into the series this time, I got to a certain point in it when trying to watch forever ago and stopped for whatever reason. I'm less stupid than I was ten years ago, though, so... It probably will hold my attention this time. lol

Edited by Envy

Just started watching Drifters, and The Ancient Magus Bride.

Drifters is definitely holding my interest more at the moment though, TAMB starts off very slowly it seems...also I'm predisposed to like Drifters more since it's by the same guy who did Hellsing, which is near the top of my all time faves list.

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Stormfurry said:

One Punch Man premiere. 

I wish I could, but I had to "pause" my Hulu subscription because I'm running out of money. I really hate how anime streaming has become divided among so many different sources now. =(

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Envy said:

I wish I could, but I had to "pause" my Hulu subscription because I'm running out of money. I really hate how anime streaming has become divided among so many different sources now. =(

I'm not a saint. I watch it for free on anime sites. 

2 hours ago, Stormfurry said:

One Punch Man premiere. 

oh shoot, it's already been released?