Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation The last Anime you watched?

11 hours ago, Moe Desu said:

does watching at least three episodes of jojos make me a real anime :^v

075.jpg

Watching jojo doesn't make you animu, it makes you a MAN

Finished The Ambition Of Oda Nobuna. I knew it would end on a more or less cliffhanger.

I got about four episodes into So You Thought There Never Was A Girl Online? It reminds me of D-Frag! quite a bit. It's hilarious in all the right ways. It's rare for me to say this but this anime is absolutely beautiful. The animation is crisp amd the characters are absolutely gorgeous in design.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.7cdcaf0a15f3355b0dd6a82b70b66cc8.jpg

Attack on Titan S2 E12 - English Dub

Just wanted to check this one out, IMO, the Japanese voice acting of Eren is much better with that strong emotion and all. Not saying that the English voice acting is bad or anything. I just choose the Japanese version, that's all.

On 26.7.2017 at 6:33 PM, MechaZ&Poniez_4 said:

Just wanted to check this one out, IMO, the Japanese voice acting of Eren is much better with that strong emotion and all. Not saying that the English voice acting is bad or anything. I just choose the Japanese version, that's all.

I've given up on dubs myself since i feel that dubs cannot overtake the original cast in terms of quality.

Today I watched The Devil is a Part timer

and started Mahoutsuka no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito and Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou

One Punch man, along with a few scenes from Hataraku Maou-sama. I've seen the anime, but there are many scenes that are worth a re-watch, and the light novels are works of genius.

13 hours ago, Niko said:

I just watched Mushishi myself:D

I watched this anime ten years ago. At this point I remember next to nothing. I should rewatch it at some point.

11 hours ago, ooReiko said:

I've given up on dubs myself since i feel that dubs cannot overtake the original cast in terms of quality.

Today I watched The Devil is a Part timer

and started Mahoutsuka no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito and Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou

I'm the opposite. I can't stand to listen to a language I don't understand. Any emotional context is utterly lost in that language barrier.

The only time I don't watch dubs is when it literally isn't a choice.

10 hours ago, EightBit said:

One Punch man, along with a few scenes from Hataraku Maou-sama. I've seen the anime, but there are many scenes that are worth a re-watch, and the light novels are works of genius.

One Punch Man is amazing. I wish more anime would have truly powerful characters like Saitama. I'm so sick of the "there's always someone stronger" thing. Maybe I just want to watch the good guy win for once.

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Discordian said:

I watched this anime ten years ago. At this point I remember next to nothing. I should rewatch it at some point.

I'm the opposite. I can't stand to listen to a language I don't understand. Any emotional context is utterly lost in that language barrier.

One Punch Man is amazing. I wish more anime would have truly powerful characters like Saitama. I'm so sick of the "there's always someone stronger" thing. Maybe I just want to watch the good guy win for once.

I rarely remember it's episodes aswell, due to every episode being something completely new. It just has that awesome chill atmosphere. It's a great show.

The last anime I saw was Bakemonogatari, and certainly it was way better than I expected. Now I'm starting with Nisemonogatari.

Other animes I've finished recently are Tsuki ga Kirei, and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. 

3 minutes ago, jorge123esp said:

The last anime I saw was Bakemonogatari, and certainly it was way better than I expected. Now I'm starting with Nisemonogatari.

Other animes I've finished recently are Tsuki ga Kirei, and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. 

I've heard a lot about Monogatari actually. I've considered watching it later on, was kinda lazy to.:D I'll put it on my plan to watch list then.

Just now, Niko said:

I've heard a lot about Monogatari actually. I've considered watching it later on, was kinda lazy to.:D I'll put it on my plan to watch list then.

Is very nice :3. Maybe you'll like :P, although there's some suggestive scenes :lie:

7 minutes ago, jorge123esp said:

Is very nice :3. Maybe you'll like :P, although there's some suggestive scenes :lie:

I'm fine with them tbh :^)

15 hours ago, Discordian said:

The fact that he's strong isn't the point, though. One Punch Man is a parody about overpowered characters/Mary Sues. The point is that he's overpowered and doesn't want to be, unlike other characters who try to get as much power as possible. He wants a fight. What he doesn't want is to kill his opponents in one punch, and in turn, the audience wants this to happen so that the fight scene lasts longer than 10 seconds, which is why his reactions are comedic.

The mark of a good show is normally character development and development of abilities. After all, how does a character remain relevant and understandable to the audience if they don't struggle like the rest of us? This is why so many overpowered characters in anime, manga and fanf iction are looked down upon, and for good reason. The point of One Punch Man is that this is turned on its head, and instead of developing his abilities, his fully-developed power becomes his greatest flaw, which he wishes desperately to rectify. This flaw results in results in boredom, frustration and desperation on Saitama's part. In turn, focus is placed on the abilities and personal/emotional growth of those around him. I hope that this makes sense to you. :please:

13 hours ago, EightBit said:

The fact that he's strong isn't the point, though. One Punch Man is a parody about overpowered characters/Mary Sues. The point is that he's overpowered and doesn't want to be, unlike other characters who try to get as much power as possible. He wants a fight. What he doesn't want is to kill his opponents in one punch, and in turn, the audience wants this to happen so that the fight scene lasts longer than 10 seconds, which is why his reactions are comedic.

The mark of a good show is normally character development and development of abilities. After all, how does a character remain relevant and understandable to the audience if they don't struggle like the rest of us? This is why so many overpowered characters in anime, manga and fanf iction are looked down upon, and for good reason. The point of One Punch Man is that this is turned on its head, and instead of developing his abilities, his fully-developed power becomes his greatest flaw, which he wishes desperately to rectify. This flaw results in results in boredom, frustration and desperation on Saitama's part. In turn, focus is placed on the abilities and personal/emotional growth of those around him. I hope that this makes sense to you. :please:

And yet I find myself bored with fights where people have to struggle. I understand the point but I have never agreed with the logic that a character has to struggle to be interesting. I find it boring.

I actually want characters that are perfect at what they do. It's because Saitama can finish every fight with a single punch that I find him fun and interesting.

19 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

My friend showed me the Deadman Wonderland OVA last.

I love DW:D Did you like the show?

18 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

My friend showed me the Deadman Wonderland OVA last.

This show has one of the best openings of all time. Too bad the series ended on a massive cliffhanger.

9 minutes ago, They call me Loyalty said:

Wolf's Rain, actually a re-watch, given I didn't get to finish it the first time.

I legit cried like a baby at the last couple episodes of this series. I do not cry. Ever.

1 minute ago, Niko said:

I love DW:D Did you like the show?

It's funny because I was actually reading House of the Dead at the time so I couldn't help but make substitutions and draw parallels all the time. Senji in early 19th century Siberia is a funny juxtaposition.

1 hour ago, Discordian said:

And yet I find myself bored with fights where people have to struggle. I understand the point but I have never agreed with the logic that a character has to struggle to be interesting. I find it boring.

I actually want characters that are perfect at what they do. It's because Saitama can finish every fight with a single punch that I find him fun and interesting.

That's your opinion, I suppose. I would find a flawless character to be boring, usually. The struggle to win brings tension to the situation and leaves us wondering what will happen next, which is why anime like Hellsing disappoint me so much. There's no tension and no guessing involved, so the battle scenes, in my mind, become pointless.

19 minutes ago, EightBit said:

That's your opinion, I suppose. I would find a flawless character to be boring, usually. The struggle to win brings tension to the situation and leaves us wondering what will happen next, which is why anime like Hellsing disappoint me so much. There's no tension and no guessing involved, so the battle scenes, in my mind, become pointless.

Is it not equally as pointless to have a character struggle when you know they're going to win because plot armor though? :P

I see where you're both coming from, @Discordian and @EightBit, but everyone has their own opinion ay. 
I found OPM pretty good myself, though there is an obvious difference between it and the other series, simply because of the "one punch" rule, I can see why people would dislike it.

10 minutes ago, Discordian said:

Is it not equally as pointless to have a character struggle when you know they're going to win because plot armor though? :P

Not really, because what's going to happen is not always apparent. More than once, I've seen characters forced to retreat and develop both physically and emotionally if they're ever to stop the enemy, and sometimes, the entire fight, and the struggle within it, is necessary for the personal growth of the character.

Plot armor is pretty bad tbh. But it shows up like in every non-drama anime, so I'm kinda used to it lol