Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation The last Anime you watched?

• 3 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to see Mary and the Witch's Flower in theaters and I rather enjoyed it.  It was lovely, charming and had great animation and music.  Overall it was a very entertaining film.

• Brohoof 1

On 1/20/2018 at 10:37 AM, cmarston1 said:

I was lucky enough to see Mary and the Witch's Flower in theaters and I rather enjoyed it.  It was lovely, charming and had great animation and music.  Overall it was a very entertaining film.

I really want to see it!

Last Anime I watched was Citrus Episode 3,  which is my fav Yuri Manga and now its a anime!

Watched more Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I'm now 41 episodes in!

On 1/2/2018 at 3:13 PM, iNachos10 said:

Well, currently I'm watching Soul Eater.

768f27b7-17d6-4e1b-835a-4a3ffa4a096d.jpg

I haven't watched too much, but I gotta say, it's been pretty good so far. :)

On 1/2/2018 at 5:22 PM, Prospekt said:

That's one anime I've heard so much about that I still haven't taken a look at... I really need to start watching at some point.

Update: I still haven't seen the Soul Eater anime, apart from a couple of clips here and there. But I did start reading the manga and it's pretty great!

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Prospekt said:

Watched more Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I'm now 41 episodes in!

Update: I still haven't seen the Soul Eater anime, apart from a couple of clips here and there. But I did start reading the manga and it's pretty great!

The Soul Eater anime does something very similar to the first Full Metal Alchemist series, where I think they went ahead of the manga, and ended up having to create their own second half. The Soul Eater anime is still really good, though I would love a Brotherhood style remake of Soul Eater, now that the manga is over. I'm probably one of the very few people that didn't totally hate the spin-off "Soul Eater Not". Though I can see why people weren't happy about it, as it is very different. (The opening of of Soul Eater Not is one of my all time favorites.)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finally actually watching Soul Eater now. Was debating whether to start it or watch the InuYasha movies, and I finally decided to just go ahead with Soul Eater.

I'm a fan so far. Just watched the first 3 episodes (the general rule of thumb when it comes to watching any anime for the first time) and it's safe to say I'm impressed. So far, I'd say the first few episodes were about as enjoyable as the first couple volumes of the manga. And I like what I've read of the manga, so this could be something special. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

• Brohoof 1

I've been watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure on Toonami every week since it aired in October back in 2016. Quite a unique art style. Lots of palette changes throughout an episode. Overall very "bizarre" but very good character development and story plot.

Edited by Nye
  • Brohoof 1

On 2/1/2018 at 7:12 PM, Prospekt said:

I'm finally actually watching Soul Eater now. Was debating whether to start it or watch the InuYasha movies, and I finally decided to just go ahead with Soul Eater.

I'm a fan so far. Just watched the first 3 episodes (the general rule of thumb when it comes to watching any anime for the first time) and it's safe to say I'm impressed. So far, I'd say the first few episodes were about as enjoyable as the first couple volumes of the manga. And I like what I've read of the manga, so this could be something special. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Update: SOUL EATER IS SO GOOD :lol:

So far, it's a fun blend of shounen action and silly (yet charming) humor. The characters are intriguing, each with their own iconic quirks and running gags, the art style is awesome, and the fights are pretty solid.

• Brohoof 1

The last Anime i watched was "Kagegurui - Life is a Game" or "Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler", as it is called in english i think and i loved it!

At first i disliked it, because i thought the over the top expressions shown in the Trailer on Netflix were a bit weird and i didnt thought i would like the actual Animation all that much. But i gave it a try and watched the whole thing in 2 Days and i was addicted. I have no Idea if the main character is possessed by a demon or if her sometimes red eyes are just shown to reflect her evil side, but anyway i liked the Main Character. At first i thought she is the main villain, because of her evil looks sometimes, but she is an interesting main character. She seems nice and all, but once she starts gambling she starts to get really crazy and scary sometimes, even though she is only that evil, to other evil people as it seems. Since she seems to be clever, i just imagined that she is a gambling possessed Twilight Sparkle and i immediately loved her. XD

I liked the crazy Villains and overall it reminded me of " No Game - No Life " kinda, just without the uncomfortable fanservice and the high amount of jokes. The over the top expressions reminded me of Death Note.

Im so happy that this weird/crazy Anime will get a second season as it seems and a Live Action Version is even currently airing, even though i imagine that this will never get a german release...maybe not even an english one...thats sad. They are a few Live Action Anime Series, that were seemingly never released outside of Japan, so im just guessing here. Would be very happy if the live action Version would also appear on Netflix at some point.

Been watching the original Sailor Moon on Watch Cartoons Online.com :lol: didn't realise how much of a good anime it was :confused: The ONLY reason WHY I DIDN'T watch it as a kid was because I thought it was 'too girly' and I was watching Dragonball Z at the time :rarity: Oh, and I was addicted to Pokemon :muffins: 

Edited by SolarFlare13
  • Brohoof 1

Paranoia Agent, one of my all time favourites but I rewatch it all the time. As for newer anime, Girls' Last Tour. It was way better than what I expected it to be. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching Net-juu no Susume and Mahoutsukai no Yome (Recovery of an MMO Junkie and The Ancient Magus Bride). I finished Net-juu no Susume a few weeks ago and Mahoutsukai no Yome is pretty good. :P

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...