Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation The last Anime you watched?

Steins;Gate 0.

I dunno, i'm not liking it as much as the visual novel. I feel like they're skimming over too much content, and frankly, i'm not sure how they're going to make the anime last another 11 or 12 episodes...

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Olly said:

FLCL progressive 

you should be watching

Pfft as if!

I saw the trailer on YouTube,I have never cringed so hard...that pink haired girl sounded like one of those old grandmas with a weird accent...if I can I’ll show you. The guy seemed alright.

Thanks to my baby sister I found that voice.

just change this ridiculous voice to Japanese And voila! A cringey anime voice!

One Stormy Night (Arashi no Yoru ni) again!

tumblr_inline_ns4jz9pmIB1r3hmnf_1280.jpg

QX8ax62.jpg

It's so cute!

I've also been watching Welcome to N.H.K. It's about hikikomoris, so it's really relatable for shut-ins...like myself. I just hope it has a happy ending!

8 hours ago, Thorgir the Mighty said:

If Japanese Cartoons are called “anime” in America...

Then what’s western cartoons called in Japan?

Technically, they're still "anime" since anime is just a shortened form of the Japanese loanword for "animation". But since anime as a genre is pretty just Japan taking early Disney cartoons and reinventing them to be Japanese, it kinda fits.

The most recent anime I've seen is Aggretsuko. It's about a cute red panda who works in an office and sings death metal in her spare time. It's on Netflix, worth checking out. I might even do a blog series covering it in the near future.

• Brohoof 1

Gegege no Kitarou

I was on the fence about this one,   but it got better in ep two and I love anything with Japanese Folklore in it! 

12 hours ago, Thorgir the Mighty said:

that pink haired girl sounded like one of those old grandmas with a weird accent...if I can I’ll show you. The guy seemed alright.

Kari Wahlgren voices Haruko like she did a decade ago, in the original. It's a pleasure having her voice the character again, it was her breakout role I believe. 

12 hours ago, Thorgir the Mighty said:

I saw the trailer on YouTube,I have never cringed so hard

Well what makes me cringe is when you come in here, your mind already set and closed off, just so you can make unnecessary and condescending remarks about things people like. It's ok not to like something, but it is no point of pride to be spiteful. Especially when your abounding dislike stems from first impressions as you've made it clear you have no real knowledge of anime, but will dismiss it out of hand because you've already made up your mind that you don't like it. 

• Brohoof 4

just finished sword art online alternative gun gale online squad jam, and Nanatus no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatus 
waiting on shokugeki no souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen episode 13, and Full Metal Panic: Invisible Victory episode 11

19 hours ago, Olly said:

FLCL progressive 

you should be watching

Planned watching it too but gonna wait for the sub i tried to watch it with dub but I couldn't do it. I loved the original FLCL Japanese acting havent chrcked if they still have the same actors in this but i hope so.

Completed First season of Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuuutsu and Fate/Extra Last Encore 

Started watching Hanebado gotta say I love it already expecting it to be one of my favourites this season.

Also started Berserk(1997) and Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan one of the best Feel good shows I've ever seen  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Finished Parasyte, 5 centimetres per second and Ghost in the Shell.

Also Continued Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009) The endless eight arc ugh :/ and Juuni Kokuki 

Edited by Zhang Xiu Ying

The last anime I watched was Gurren Lagann. I binged from episode 17 all the way to the end, since I had already watched the first sixteen episodes.

I was not ready. It's insane how ridiculous that anime gets later on. Just when you think things can't get more crazy- nope, they find a way to raise the stakes even higher! In a good way, of course.

• Brohoof 1