Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation The last Anime you watched?

7 minutes ago, rainbowdashacademy said:

last night I watched BATTLE ANGEL ALITA part1 and 2 too bad the guy didn't finish the story first story Rusty angel and last part is Tears angel enjoyed it !

I hear they are releasing a live action remake?

Just finished with Mrs Vampire who lives in my neighborhood. They should have named it Loli Vampire's stalker roommate. lol 
It was so fun and I liked how they went old school with how vampirism works instead of getting rid of them for plot convenience. 
I don't actually go for a lot of vampire stories, but I get the impression that writers are getting rid of their weaknesses to make them easier to write as main characters. Though I could be wrong.

It was a solid 9/10 for me, I would have rated it higher if they'd taken a more serious route with Akari and Sophie's relationship. I really wanted to see her get turned into a vampire so her and Sophie could be together forever. They even bring it up once and Sophie flat out tells her no. Why?? Akari! Be more upset about this, dang it. If you wait too long you're gonna look like her mother, if you turn now while you look close in age your relationship will be easier going forward. 

I can't help but feel that Sophie is gonna change her mind about turning her and by that time it'll be too late. :(

I'm hoping for season two, but anime like this don't get that too often. Thinking of buying the manga. 

Last anime I watched was Fairy Tail dvd  Gotta say it's got that almost comedy vibe slap stick jokes and destroying taverns or schools with their magic powers looks close to that similar anime called Slayers but is it the same directors that did Fairy Tail anime of the same on Slayers series or not ?

8 hours ago, Bas said:

Almost done with Dr Slump, it looks like so far a lot got cut out of the 1997 (99?) anime, such as 2nd Gad-Chans and Senbai's child (with superpowers). I only got like 7-10 eps remaining.

I love the manga for Doctor Slump, used to read it online all the time but I'm only just now starting to buy the volumes. Couldn't get into the anime myself. 
the pacing felt so much slower so even though they were doing the exact same things as the manga in the episodes I was watching it ended up making the comedy less effective. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Bas said:

The old or "new" anime?

Old one has like 300 eps lol.

I didn't know there was a difference, so there are two versions of it? I'm gonna guess that the one I was watching was the old one. 

13 minutes ago, WarGrowlmon1990 said:

Fairy Tail. I'm currently at the Fairy Tail Zero arc, getting close to being caught up to the most recent episodes.

So what's the rainboom difference of Fairy Tail zero and Fairy Tail  I know the original one is story of wizards and magic so is Fairy Tail Zero the same primance  story of using magic or not ?

1 minute ago, rainbowdashacademy said:

So what's the rainboom difference of Fairy Tail zero and Fairy Tail  I know the original one is story of wizards and magic so is Fairy Tail Zero the same primance  story of using magic or not ?

Fairy Tail Zero is a prequel that shows how the Fairy Tail guild formed and the first guild master Mavis is the main character. I'm only a few episodes in this arc and it's interesting to see the history of this anime. 

Edited by WarGrowlmon1990

I'm trying to see if I can enjoy Attack on Titan. This one character however, Jean Kirschtein, is a real jerk.

Spoiler

As much as Eren Jaeger is a brat, I'm glad he outranked Jean. He wanted to join the Military Police, but he was pretty rude to Eren and this other guy Marco. After all, it seems clear that Jean hasn't seen what Eren has.

On 7/17/2017 at 11:42 AM, Niko said:

I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this yet. Seeing as many of you like dem japanese cartoons, feel free to list the last ones you watched here!:D

I recently finished Bungou Stray Dogs and TTGL.

I watched the subbed version of Sailor Moon on Hulu. It's actually kinda cute like MLP is, so if you like cute cartoons, you may like Sailor Moon.

I actually just binged the My Hero Academia dub. I know I'm kinda late to the party on that one, but I just didn't know if it would be my thing, so I was letting it run a bit so I didn't have to wait for piecemeal releases. Turns out I love it lol.

Also caught up on Black Butler by watching Book of Murder and Book of Atlantic, I've been finding That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime to be a nice little amusing jaunt where I can just shut my brain off, and The Magnificent Kotobuki has been filling my long neglected obsession for realistic aerial dogfights. Also went through Konosuba, which was another fun little 'shut my brain off' show.