Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation The last Anime you watched?

6 minutes ago, China (100% NOT China) said:

AFAIK a new season might be in the works.

no way man?! Well they better because they left with a cliff hanger! :D

• Brohoof 1

Really liked this show, the writing and story are superb. It's interesting that many of the themes and legends in this series actually tie into real Japanese myth.

cff0437e92dadafd0933a91dff70f346.jpg

I just finished watching the latest episode of Kaguya-sama S2 earlier today (:

definitely a chance of pace with this one

• 2 weeks later...

A Whisker Away was my last feature film. I just saw it when it first came out but it now has a new dub so I watched it again, and it was great and has lots of nice humor and creative touches. I've also been trying on Gun Gale Online, which is okay so far, if not a complete knockout. 

I just finished Gun Gale Online, so I tried an episode of Sword Art Online. I’m only one episode in, so I don’t know yet if it’s going to go the distance. I ended up liking Gun Gale quite a bit, so hopefully I’ll like Sword Art too.

On 7/5/2020 at 1:22 PM, rainbowdashacademy said:

CUTE HIGH EARTH DEFENSE CLUB LOVE

With a name like that, I might just have to check it out!! :ButtercupLaugh: 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
On 6/28/2020 at 12:28 AM, You said:

Steins;Gate (On netflix)

Yay! One of my top 10 anime shows! :)  I higly recommend it too ;) One of the best time travel stories since "Back To The Future" :>
"Ima mad scientistu
, sonuvabitch!" B)

You will often question what is reality and has happened, and what is his own madness.

When I was watching it, I was surprised by how many details were there that are actually based on true stories / conspiracies, or fringe science that actually makes quite a lot of sense :J

Similar to: Dr. Stone

Ah, another anime I enjoyed a lot, and so much relevant these days when the entire world is slowly but steadily heading towards a global fall of civilization :q  It's good to know how to reboot it after it will already crumble, and this anime is like a civilization-rebooting manual ;)  I also saw some parallels between the main character and Twilight Sparkle. I mean, both are smart and skilled, they both know a lot about magic/science and arcane stuff, they both care about the stuff that matters, etc., but Senkuu has got some traits that Twilight Sparkle lacked, he's also more confident (sometimes even arrogant, but in a good way).

Also, that moment when they were at that cave with Chrome and Magma, and Chrome almost said "Friendship is Magic" :awed: ... I don't know how much of that was intentional, but that really got me :mlp_rarity: It made me realize that there are indeed some common elements between "Dr. Stone" and "MLP:FiM", but in the latter one thing was always missing for me: they never showed how is Friendship Magic. I mean: they used Friendship as the source of Magic, with rainbow lasers and other deus ex machina solutons saving the day, but that was never something that could be replicated in practice in the human world (perhaps because we don't quite have Magic here ;q ).  Dr. Stone, on the other hoof, delivered that missing piece for me: it shows perfectly how friendship and cooperation leads to growth and evolution of society, in quite a great detail. It doesn't say "Friendship is Magic" directly, but instead it shows how it works and why. It also shows how everyone has their role in society and how his special talents and skills can be used for the benefit of everyone else – kinda like how it works with cutie marks in "FiM" ;)

I must say that this is the anime/cartoon show that I waited for a long time. Something that can light up the flame in people again and show them how they can make a thriving society again. I've seen many people reacting that way to that show, becoming interested in science again and starting learning stuff after watching it. It has a very powerful positive message, as well as a great story and characters. There's a lot going on on the symbolic / metaphorical level as well. It will make you think and wonder about stuff you never wonder about on a daily basis. After watching it, I look at different everyday objects surrounding me and I wonder how are they made, how could I made them myself, what are they made of, where could I get the ingredients required for making them, etc. And I started to appreciate everyday objects a lot more – something that people rarely do these days, because they used to them and to the fact that they can easily buy stuff in the mall.

So yeah, long story short, I HIGLY recommend it to everyone. It's one of those shows that can change your life.

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 1

Just watched the latest episode of Black Clover. I have waited sooooooo long for it to resume, and I missed the characters (Noelle especially) so, so much! :mlp_grin:

AND: Re:Zero Season 2 starts airing tomorrow! https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/07/07/heres-the-exact-time-rezero-season-2-launches

It's great to finally have new and good animes airing regularly again! :mlp_yeehaa:

Also, I was thinking of picking up Gleipnir, since it's already finished and I could marathon the whole thing. Has anypony seen it? Is it good? :mlp_confused:

• Brohoof 1

Watched part of? Urusei Yatsura. If I have to have watched the full thing, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, my fiance got me into it. (Full not counting the manga)

16 hours ago, Splashee said:

Still stuck on Bleach for a few more weeks

I remember binge watching every day and night and finished for a year, could have been longer but my brother was really into  bleach and insisted to keep watching until our eyeballs falls out. 

13 hours ago, Brosparkles said:

If I have to have watched the full thing, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, my fiance got me into it. (Full not counting the manga)

you won't regret it

32 minutes ago, You said:

On my list!

Can't find a source that has all eps in Eng or Ger dub though, if the latter even exists.

I think Hulu had the first season or so with eng dub. Idk about non-eng dubs. Funimation is eng-dubbing it and you can't stream it on their site beyond the first 12 eps without a subscription. :yeahno: That's for the eng dub, though. If you don't mind eng-subbed, Crunchyroll has the whole series to stream (at non-HD quality, and excluding the newest week's episode) for free without subscription. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, You said:

I thought it has ended, but eng dub not yet?

No, it's still ongoing. It's just been on hiatus because of the quarantine. The Funi eng-dubs are up to episode 127. Crunchyroll just released episode 133 subbed. The dub is catching up.

Edit: @You Whoops, I think I misunderstood what you were asking! :muffins: Crunchyroll only keeps the newest subbed episode exclusive to subscribers for one week, until the next week's episode comes out. And CR doesn't have the dub on their site; that's on Funi's, behind their paywall. CR does have German subs if you would be interested in that.

Edited by Blackfire Blaze
Derpy possesed my mind

(edited)
On 7/8/2020 at 12:05 AM, Brosparkles said:

Urusei Yatsura

I just started re-watching Urusei Yatsura! (Up to episode eight) I used to watch it when I was little. My brother collected anime. I used to steal borrow his bootleg VHS tapes whenever he wasn't looking! Right now I have the first eighty episodes on my hard drive. (Don't ask how!) There's about two hundred episodes, and a few movies and OVAs. I have a lot to watch. I think I only ever saw up to episode 12 or something. 

My last completed anime was "Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch" That got a bit repetitive, but still was cute!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
downloaded a bunch more episodes!
  • Brohoof 1

I resumed Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma after taking a break after the second season. Some might think the fan service in this series is too over-the-top, but I don't mind :wacko: It's just executed in a hilarious way :P I like how they apply so many outrageous shonen tropes in a series about elite culinary students.

Ian Sinclair voices Erina's father in the English dub and it makes so much sense because he's a cooking enthusiast in real life. Now that I think of it, it also makes sense that he's the English voice of Whis in the Dragon Ball franchise. :huh:

• Brohoof 1