Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation The last Anime you watched?

...um...

Does Kirby: Right Back At Ya count?
If not then I haven't watched any anime period. It's not my thing...

But if K:RBAY does count can I just say that is unironically my favorite show on Planet Earth

• 2 weeks later...

AFTERSCHOOL DICE CLUB  it is enjoyable it's very different The fact they play board games that really have real references on ones people do play for real and what cool about the show is they teach how play all the games in the anime. I 100% recommend you ponies to check it out hope it's rainboom awesome for you in Cloudsdale !

Finally finished a full chronological viewing of Urusei Yatsura (begun around December) - while the series is initially remarkably solid with a plethora of memorably comic characters (particularly the main, uh, 'romantic' couple, Cherry and Megane's hilariously disturbing nerdish filibusters, not to mention the remarkably odd-yet-compelling plight of Ryuunosuke), the run of episodes produced following Mamoru Oshii's departure is arguably a conspicuous downgrade (with weaker gags, less innovative (if nonetheless lush) visuals and, most noticeably, less substantial plotting and characterization, to the extent where numerous episodes within the final run watch akin to a series of thinly-conceived setpieces incessantly eked (via elaborate-yet-unnecessary visual sequences) to occupy a 22-minute runtime with minimal characterization plugged into the mixture to yield a more investing experience, marking a surprisingly far cry from the the idiosyncratically appealing infusion of humanity and surrealism set by Oshii's tenure). Not to mention my appreciation for the earlier films as well - "Only You", for its incessant shoehorning of secondary characters into its loosely-conceived plot, is a surprisingly breezy and coherent watch and "Beautiful Dreamer" captures a unique high-concept spectacle and conviction more befitting Studio Ghibli's output than one would expect for a film adaptation of a bizarre romantic comedy series. Definitely one for the ages.

Edited by Them's Seeing Ponies

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm. Last I saw was Goblin Slayer for the second time. 

Every time I watch a series another time there are things I end up noticing I didn't previously. 

Edited by Yakamaru

I don't watch anime very often, but I really enjoyed the Violet Evergarden movie that was recently released on Netflix.  The entire series is definitely worth a watch.  

• 2 weeks later...

Straight off the back of No Game, No Life I have been watching How Not To Summon A Demon Lord.  There's a degree of similarity between the two, at least in the basic premise, with both featuring socially awkward gamers that have been summoned into a fantasy world.  Both were quite entertaining with a fairly generous helping of humour, particularly HNTSADL, and I'd happily recommend either.

So later on in this kick ass Anime who wouldn't want a alien Esper to protect yourself even if you had to be hostile about shocking that the teacher was the one using evil powers to blame others for the bombings KLYAMA enjoy more of A CERTAIN SCIENTIFIC RAILGUN !  Did you unicorns like the show?  Do you unicorns go for the story, drama and action ? 

16 hours ago, You said:

Be like: Princess Mononoke (likely, never watched it)...nevermind, on the trakt.tv preview screen PM looks rather bloody lol.

Yeah, Princess Mononoke is definitely nothing like The Cat Returns, but if you haven't seen it I strongly recommend you remedy that, it is without a doubt one of Miyazaki's best films, being right up there with Spirited Away.  It succeeds in managing multiple factions without reducing any of them to moustache-twirling villains and even if you end up hating some of the characters for their actions you can still empathise with their motivations.

8 hours ago, You said:

Does the other anime has the same issues - ESPECIALLY hints at well, suggestive stuff with the own, about 11 years old sister? That was the worst.

The relationship between Sora and Shiro is certainly a bit... unconventional?  Probably worth noting that they aren't actually related by blood but, she is still eleven so there's definitely that.  That detail however wasn't prevalent enough to greatly affect my overall enjoyment of the series.  How Not To Summon A Demon Lord doesn't feature any weird pseudo-incestuous relationships.  It does have a whole host of issues that I'm sure would have the puritans clutching at their pearls and would drive the SJWs into a conniption fit but it carries an 18 rating for a reason.

Is it for everyone?  No.  Is it suitable for the whole family?  Definitely not.  But if you want a light-hearted, fun, humorous fantasy with a side of catgirls and improbably-proportioned elves then it might be up your street.

Paranoia Agent.

First time seeing this anime since it aired in the US and this time I was able to see all of it! I really can't do Paranoia Agent justice with words or without saying anything spoilery... but this is genuinely one of the best anime's I've ever seen! If you like psychological horrors and or mysteries definitely watch this! Everyone needs to see this show before they die

10/10

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, You said:

Has it an ecchi them, though? These often but not always ruin it for me, especially if it involves either minors or non-mutual groping, touching etc. It can make an anime so bad imho.

I shall reiterate that it's 18 rated for a reason, there is some lascivious behaviour but it's mostly played for laughs at the expense of the socially-awkward main character rather than being serious or disturbing.

2 hours ago, You said:

Did you watch Death Note yet?

Watched the series and read the comics.  I felt that it dragged a little towards the end but apart from that is was pretty good.

• Brohoof 1