Animation The last Anime you watched?

21 hours ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

It was an anime movie called Okko's Inn. I recommend it if you like Studio Ghibli, it's not one of theirs but the style is definitely reminiscent of them.

Yes that's a great film! Saw it back in 2019. Really liked it

• Brohoof 1

Register now to remove this ad.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am currently going through Little Witch Academia on Netflix.

Kari Wahlgren voices Haruko like she did a decade ago, in the original. It's a pleasure having her voice the character again, it was her breakout role I believe.  Well what makes me cringe is w

I've been watching Little Witch Academia. I just finished episode 8 earlier today. It's such a fun anime! That's the best way I can describe it, just pure fun. I love how expressive the character

Posted Images

(edited)

Just attempted to watch this anime - Izetta: The Last Witch

It seems to be loosely based on World War II. Has this great historical background, great interesting characters, intense battles and action, and.........AND.....................AND!!!!!!

ANNOYING CRINGE FANSERVICE.

Could not watch. Stopped during episode 4 when it just went down, deep down in that fanservice hole. 

Spoiler

Seriously, this anime had such a serious plot and there's a few moments throughout the show where Izetta is fighting the germanium forces and they have some shots of her butt and boobs. And it's like those are weird angles to go in that is completely changing the tone of the show, but I can look past it. There's one shower scene that showed a little bit too much, but you know it was quick so whatever. 

And then episode 4. Military girl wearing this weird breast strap thing that i've never seen on any real life military uniforms but she was already in the show before that so whatever. Just saying what got me thinking. A scene comes up and maid takes off Izetta clothes and there's some jiggling, then they're in the bath tub and again some breasts shots then some butt shots, etc. 

Kept watching it cuz I was like "ok that's bad and it's taking away from this very serious plot, but again not the worst thing" and then this women shows up and starts groping Izetta and feeling her up, sexually assaulting her and it's supposed to be played for laughs I assume, but yea really gross. Closed that window down. Moving on. 

Edited by Miss

Just watched Devil May Cry anime. Really average series especially for non-fans, fights are weak and art style didn't age well. But at least Dante is Dante here, they portrayed his character pretty accurate and even hired his voice actor for english voice which is great

Badges

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this anime OVA titled Kase-san and the Morning Glories

and wow I LOVED IT SO MUCH! Was practically crying the whole time while watching it and and the end was balling my eyes out into my pillow. 

Loved it so much I ordered all the the mangas! (6 volumes)

Spoiler

Anime is available on HIDIVE

It's about Kasesan and Yamada. 3rd year high school girls who are dating and basically is a short film about their romance. Showcases their dynamic and how much they love it each other and what it means for them and college entrance exams (the next step in life) will effect their relationship. 

And just the music is incredible in every seen, the imagery, their love is just so genuine and pure and they do end up staying together in the end which is something you dont really see in Yuri anime. In romance anime it alot of the time ends with the couples together but in yuri the love ends up either be unrequited or they end up separating, so very great to see an end where the characters loving each other is how they envision their future together. Super buttery/feel good, but also tugs hard at the hard strings whenever a critical moment in their relationship approaches. 

In this short 54 min anime they really conveyed the powerful emotions that comes along with being a romantic relationship or just a super strong love with the fear you could be separated from that person or people. 

Jujutsu Kaisen: Silent Hill meets shounen. Rumor has it that it's gonna be one of the next Big Three.

Beastars: Nuff said. Legoshi's Schrödinger's balls are still too small and too big at the same time. That deer pisses me off tho.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken: Also nuff said. It's what FIM should have been for non-pones. Very wholesome. Friendship and harmony all around.

Mushoku Tensei: I know, I know, another weeb got isekai'd by Truck-kun, but it's surprisingly well-made. Also quite wholesome. Soy inquisitors might gargle about this and that but I fail to see why completely natural everyday stuff would bother anyone.

Then there's that Anime That Must not Be Named. Let's just say Kazuma and Naofumi got another member of Thot Patrol, and some people are, like, literally shaking.

Fragtime: Pretty great story and interesting plot. Romance science fantasy of two high school girls. The beginning of the story is a bit strange, but afterwards it's a really beautiful tale and very stressful and emotionally rewarding. 

Spoiler

The protag. can stop time for about 3 mins and escapes from a conversation that made her uncomfortable but during that time she uses it to look at another girls panties who turns out to be immune to being stopped by time. The viewer does not see the panties but it's still pretty strange at first.

However, the rest of the film just has the two develop their relationship together and it's pretty amazing. It gets mysterious and a bit dark, but the ending is so rewarding when they tell each other they love each other and how they both changed each other for the better. I was hoping for some more explicit public romance. Like they kept doing things in front of people so I thought it was going to be like an anime, for the first time, just having two women being romantic in public, but yea didn't get there. Either way still pretty great. Didn't make me cry hard, but yea amazing regardless. Personally 4/5 for me. 

Flip Flappers: Another one of those animes that has great animation and a great plot, story, and characters, but is destroyed by the fanservice. I'm surprised that I was able to get as far as episode 8 with what happened in episode 2 and 3. Honestly gonna have to say 2/5 cuz like even tho the fanservice was bad the story was good enough to keep me going after episode 3 which had this super annoying fanservice scene. I guess if fanservice doesn't bother you then you should be able to watch but yea very annoying on my end. Not for me. 

Revolutionary Girl Utena: 90's anime which was pretty amazing. One of those animes where alot of things are talked about and you watch because you want to know the meanings of what's being talked about, while the characters are being expanded upon. And it was pretty great. In the beginning the slice of life stuff felt kinda "annoying" like....get back to the plot! Also lots of deciphering of the metaphorical/literal. But yea this anime really gets the brain moving. The art is beautiful, but it is old so lots of reused animation and sequences, but it's forgiveable cuz of how great it is. Yea I really loved, but the ending is not the true ending as the manga continued when the show was over. Now I am going to buy the manga because I honestly love this story! 

Spoiler

The ending of the show ends so like "fuck you." I kinda get it, Utena saved Anthy, sacrificing herself, but it's like the whole show was building up these two characters relationship and it just ends ambiguously and it doesn't do any favors for the show. Very different from like something like "Cast Away's ending." 

Also "Akio" is now the number 1 spot for "Biggest Creep in Anime." 

Can't wait to get the manga! And the movie manga! And the future manga.

Adolescence of Utena: I kind of preferred the movie to the show, but I watched the movie thinking it was the ending to the show and it is not! So going to rewatch soon. But yes, the art, music, and animation is all great. Very confusing. But the ending sort of ties it all together and it's satisfying af. Again, if I would've watched it knowing it wasn't a sequel, I probably would've enjoyed it more. 

Spoiler

The whole "Revolutionize the World" and escaping and what it means. It means different things to different people and for Anthy and Utena I think it was supposed to mean them being in love together. You know at the time, and even now in Japan, homosexual romances are still taboo in a lot of places or seen as phases, or ignored, or just not as widely accepted, etc. 

So this sort of "revolution" was their love. And it's beautiful. Of course, these are my thoughts after the first viewing. 

I did find the change to Touga's character to be strange cuz it's just a big change to have the prince be the one to come to her and not it's touga and it's just a big change from the show and sort of changes the main theme I would say. Also they got rid of Nanami and just put her in as a cow D: and Wakaba too. 

Either way, incredible film, tho I think something that complex should've been slightly longer to really expand on certain things brought up and maybe include these missing characters more....Idk. 

I am going to rewatch. And I'm going to read the manga. 

• 2 months later...

I watched the first five episodes of Edens Zero. It's good, just Fairy Tail in space with time travel, and advanced technology instead of magic. And there are some funny little cameos in these first few episodes with characters from Fairy Tail and Rave Master. As long as it does something to set it apart, I'm happy, and so far it looks like it's gonna be far more than just a retread of what Hiro Mashima already did in Fairy Tail.

I seriously need to get back to AOT anime. 

(edited)

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU. I just started this one but it looks like it has some good characters and style.

On 2021-05-19 at 2:16 PM, joobmo said:

Your Name, it's my favorite one

I love Your Name! It's my all-time favorite too. One of the greatest movies ever made, in any genre! Such a classic!! :love:

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Hug 1

Currently waiting for the new episode of "Don't toy with me Ms. Nagatoro" to air on Crunchyroll. 

Finishing a season 2 of Ace Attorney

Currently re-watching Fate/Zero for the third time. It's so good. Yeah, Shirou Emiya is a cool protagonist in Fate/stay night, but Kiritsugu Emiya is one of the best anti-heroes I've ever seen in an anime.

I just finished watching the anime High Rise Invasion earlier tonight, I thought it was pretty good and hopefully there's a second season since this first season didn't resolve a few major plot conflicts (it seemed that they were more setting up for stuff to fall into place in season two with this first season). I enjoyed it though, give it a watch if you haven't yet :BrightMacContent:

• 4 weeks later...

I think the last anime I watched in its entirety was Madoka Magica or Neon Genesis Evangelion 

Uzaki-Chan wants to hang out!

This was a very enjoyable series, plenty of humour and generally very wholesome, with only a few bawdy moments at the expense of the titular character whose bosom is almost as large as her personality.

Badges

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished the From the New World

And it was a pretty interesting complex anime (based on a novel), but nothing too emotionally enticing about it for the most part. Overall, I liked it and was semi tempted to read the manga cuz I thought it wasn't complete. But I looked for the manga online and it's nothing like the anime. 

so LEWD.

So that was very disappointing. Made me cringe just looking at it. 

But turns out the Anime is just based on the Novel and not the manga. And the Anime and Novel have the same ending so def. was not a waste of time.