Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation The last Anime you watched?

I watched Elfen Lied a couple weeks ago and that was something. There is a lot of shock value, but I think it's damn good if you get past that.

I did also watch School Days with a friend, because he told me that it had a pretty absurd ending, which it did. The anime itself was somewhere between average and bad. I will say that if you want to absolutely despise a protagonist, I'd highly recommend this one.

Edited by Cash_In

I watched Digimon Ghost Game, ep 16 last night.    I like this anime so far,  its a lot more darker then the others use to be at times.  :o

Finally started watching Overlord, one of the most popular isekai series I hadn't yet seen. See, I want to watch Isekai Quartet but Overlord is the one part of that crossover I'm not yet familiar with.

So. It's not too unique. The "stuck in a VR MMORPG world" isekai trope is so overdone. But at least the world surrounding Nazarick isn't the same as the one in the original Yggdrasil game, so that's something. I can see the gang of floor guardians being a fun ensemble of side characters in the future, but I can also see them becoming a real annoyance (especially Albedo...) and getting little to no character development. I shall see how this turns out.

I watched Gun Gale Online again. Netflix was getting rid of the dubbed version so I gave it a nice send off. It’s still one of my top four favorite anime (excluding feature-length). It's too bad there was only 12 episodes; I'd LOVE to see more!

Finished the first season of Overlord and as I thought, the floor guardians really didn't show much character development. Didn't expect Shalltear to get as much screen time as she did. However, I must admit she's fun to watch as a fighter. Hopefully the others have a chance to truly shine in the next couple of seasons. I shall see soon enough...

The last one I've watched and not finished yet (this time through anyway) was Hikaru No Go. The last one I finished was Angel Beats. Both are great anime that I would highly recommend, especially since I think it's my 4th time watching both of them, and I think they have my two favorite anime soundtracks. They're fantastic. Better than fantastic actually.

• Brohoof 2

On 2022-01-29 at 10:55 PM, SasQ said:

@TBD Funny you mention it, because recently I heard pretty much the same amount of bad stuff about "High Guardian Spice", and yet I watched it and enjoyed it a lot, definitely more than some other lauded shows from Netflix or CN that bored me to death after a couple of episodes. Sure, it's loaded with animation errors, poor quality background art, lousy writing, etc. (not to mention the hectolitres of wokeness). But if you disregard all those deficiencies of that show, and if you can read between the lines, there is some more depth into this show, and some more mature subtexts, for those who like overthinking things and theorizing. Things don't always have to be epic, perfectly animated or tightly written to be enjoyable. I mean, many similar things could be said about MLP, and yet here we are :)

That’s not an anime, tho :scoots:

Last I’ve finished watching: the real Cowboy Bebop :ticking:. The live action adaptation was good for something after all :proud:

I began watching Shaman King on Netflix. A big improvement over the original by not wasting your time with constant padding and filler :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the second season of Overlord in a single day. Loved the second half in particular, and Sebas is now my favorite floor guardian. I love how much his character was developed.

9 hours ago, Totally Lyra said:

I binged the entirety of "So I'm A Spider, So What?" over the weekend. That anime is ridiculous, hilarious, and altogether wonderful.

I never thought I'd find a spider adorable before I discovered that series. Watched it a couple months ago and loved it :D

• Brohoof 2

23 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

I never thought I'd find a spider adorable before I discovered that series. Watched it a couple months ago and loved it :D

Right? ^_^ She's adorable until you see her from someone else's perspective, then she's terrifying. It's beautiful!

• Brohoof 1

I just recently completed The Promised Neverland. It was really good but I can agree with those who say S2…wasn’t so good.

• Brohoof 1

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Loved it, except for the slog known as Endless Eight. I'll probably skip that arc altogether when I re-watch it.

• Brohoof 2

Finished watching "Your Lie In April" last night and was not a fan. There's some good stuff in the anime but overall just alot of meandering, not enough focus on the themes, not enough focus on main characters, useless side characters, annoying tropes, meandering, lack of foundation/building-up. Some scenes did get me emotional and I could definitely give credit to those well done scenes. Also it definitely feels like an original story. But yea I'd say like 5/10. 

• 3 months later...

Birdie Wing: Golf Girl's Story. I thought that I would not like this show because it was a sports anime and about golf but I've given it a chance and started liking it. Who knew that watching anime about mafia playing golf is going to be entertaining. :please:

Well, the last one I technically watched was episode two of the Entertainment District arc of Demon Slayer. That as well as the most recent episode of Spy x Family.

The last series I completed was A Certain Magical Index (along with the Railgun and Accelerator series).

I recently finished Ergo Proxy. While the ending was a tad confusing, I loved this one. The English voice acting was actually great, the world was fascinating as hell and the animation was top notch. I loved the overall aesthetic. The whole show just didn't feel like a typical anime. It is tough for me to get into anime shows because of the abundance of cliches and awful writing that the Japanese seem to love. Ergo Proxy felt different. 

• Brohoof 1

Last anime I finished was My dress up darling.

But animes I'm currently watching are.

•Spy x Family

•Skeleton Knight

•Shield Hero season 2

•Love is War

•The greatest Demon Lord

That's what I'm currently watching every weekend.