Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation The last Anime you watched?

Blend S. It’s a pretty lightweight anime about characters working in a Maid Café. So far it has some funny moments and it’s holding my attention but I’m only four or five episodes into it. It’s good if not brilliant.

• Brohoof 1

I think it may have been death parade. It had an interesting concept and it was short. I tend to lose the trail with shows that go on forever, and then I never actually finish watching them. It happened with FiM, too.

I haven't looked at anything recently. And whenever I search for animes worth watching. The same results come up over and over again. And those are generally pretty lengthy, which is like urrggghhhhh.

(edited)

Gabriel DropOut. I'm not at all exaggerating when I say that it's the funniest anime I've ever seen. Was expecting the variety of dark humor you'd find in, say, Dropkick On My Devil (which kind of has a similar premise of angels/demons in the human world) and there was a bit of that, but this was mostly different. More of the kind of humor I love.

Edited by Prospekt

Love after World Domination. If you love romcoms, Super Sentai/Power Rangers, forbidden love stories, or just cute things in general, I highly, highly recommend this anime.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose I started watching Uncle from another world. :ooh: It's sort of like a reverse isekai about an uncle that lived in another world for 17 years

I watched Season 5 of My Hero Academia. I am now quite confused about the future of the anime. I thought it was the last, and it is definitely not the end of the story.

• 1 month later...

Dragon Ball Super Super Hero, great movie would highly recommend, especially if you’re a Piccolo and Gohan fan 

Attack on Titan. I am starting with the final season, and I was watching the intro. And here comes a little bit of a spoiler. But the opening shows the heavens and there are birds falling from the heights.

There is also the imagery of violence and war, represented with these clay figures. And then it shows the skies again, but the birds are titans now, falling to the earth.

And I was reminded of the nephilim mentioned in scripture. A word, which I believe means fallen. Genesis 6:4 King James Version - There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that. But the Young's literal translation replaces the word Giants with fallen ones. Which are the Nephilim.

I've been delving a little deeper into the past, searching for sites related with ancient civilizations, especially pyramids and ziggurats, both in dry land and beneath the atlantic ocean. Megalithic structures such as the pyramid of the Sun. A massive structure beyond the primitive tools of any native "human" civilization. Not possible, given our current paradigm.

I can see him, now. At least part of it. It was a rebellion, I fear. We were the monsters. We came down here and took from whatever we pleased. We violented and imposed ourself, we crushed the men and took the women. It was nothing like I had imagined. It was brutal. All the scars that humanity suffers to this day, the compulsions, the addictions, the pathologies, the genetic degenerations, the abuse, the trauma, the multiple incompatible blood types, the health issues. This illness that sickens the soul of the collective like a festering wound, causing so much suffering. Our doing.

We destroyed the earth; the fallen ones. All the problems humankind is suffering to this day. We corrupted this creation. I don't think there ever was a good intention. No promethean figure. No light bringer. We were just jealous. I was afraid to look in the mirror. Since the violence of the past is ingrained within myself. Burning anger. Bestial instinct. Raw power. To think something so terrible could be so beatiful in my eyes. I am constantly burning on the inside. Unconsciously violent and impulsive. And then there is the crippling guilt and the shame. The regret. The suffering.

They know. The people working on these types of productions know the story of humanity. There would be messages and symbolic imagery in movies, songs, all forms of media, everywhere, mixed within the fiction. And this opening is one example of this. A way they have to tell the story.

I recently completed Assassination Classroom what is currently available of Attack on Titan.

One Piece a couple of days ago. I've been binge-watching the dub version online and through Netflix for quite some time now and have reached the end of Dressrosa. Some have called me crazy for wanting to tackle such a long series but then this isn't my first time doing this. I went through it with Pokemon so it's natural that I would watch One Piece. Besides, I watched the infamous 4Kids version back in the day and wanted to see what Funimation's version was like.

• 1 month later...

Classroom of the Elite. I had a love/hate relationship with the first season, but I’m a lot more invested in the second one. Hopefully, it will get a third season. ^^ 

• 1 month later...

Drifting Home. I saw this on Netflix and liked it. It wasn’t perfect; in fact the writers left a lot to the viewers’ imaginations, but it was nicely animated, the characters were engaging, and it held my attention.