Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation The last Anime you watched?

I recently watched Knights of Sidonia. It had some interesting concepts, but the series did not really involve me until the very last episode which had a nice character moment. There was a small number of memorable characters I was interested in following, but they suddenly reached a stasis of development fairly quickly. The action sequences seemed to be too frequent to consider other aspects of the world or story, except in season 2 where much of it became a simple love triangle story (in space!!) There were also some huge calamities that spanned an episode and were never mentioned again, with no evidence that they happened--this includes some character deaths. The main character experienced some challenges at first, but after a while he started coasting on his prodigious ability that was only semi-explained as genetic. The series was kept together by episodic cliffhangers. An interesting enough watch not to regret my time, but I wouldn't recommend it. I read it is an adaptation of a manga, so maybe that is told better. I did enjoy the animation style.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Akiba Maid Wars episode 10. I watch this show every week and I really love it. Without spoiling much the anime tells the Yakuza story but with cafe maids, it's like absolutely insane cartoon violence. The ending song has become my personal favorite and every time I listen to it I giggle because its just has such a massive shift in tone, I guess. When they sing the opening song the animation sequence never actually spoils anything that is going to happen in the show.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The first season of Strike Witches.

Decent enough story, nothing particularly complicated but done well enough, with lots of fan service. Some really great characters and whole bunch of fan service and plenty of really well executed action scenes all topped off with a heavy dose of fan service.

Did I mention the fan service? There's rather a lot of that. The war on pants never ends.

If you liked Girls Und Panzer then you'd probably like Strike Witches. The two are basically spiritual siblings with a similar tone and visual style, and that same slightly bizarre feel that manages to keep the whole thing fairly light, humorous and above all, fun. I'm led to believe the characters for both series were designed by the same person, which given the stylistic similarities would certainly fit. For this series though, the cuteness factor has been turned up to eleven by the girls propensity to sprout animal ears and tails when they're getting their magic on.

Unlike Girls Und Panzer though, this one is perhaps not quite suitable to be watching with your parents or younger siblings as there is a reasonable amount of partial nudity, a few fairly suggestive scenes and a just insane amount of vertical panning shots of the main characters just in case you somehow forgot that none of them are wearing trousers.

Ultimately, a pleasant way to pass a bit of time, and I'll definitely be starting season two soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Suzume. I re-watched this and it was better the second time around. There are lots of details that need to be absorbed to get to the bottom of what’s going on, and this second viewing helped me to get all that. 

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

KonoSuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World!

It's different from the other series, but I still enjoyed it. It's just nice having something after such a long time, especially with Season 3 being not too far away.

Edited by Cash In
Updated thoughts :p

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too.   Its one of those guilty pleasure animes I picked up this season:derp:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
40 minutes ago, Spark Thunderbass said:

I was watching Beast Tamer a little while ago, still haven’t finished it yet though, but I like what I’ve seen so far.

Kurosawa.Ruby.600.2433603.jpg

Yes you will also like what you see on what i recommended yes. Hihihihi....

Your squirming is proof! Yes.