Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 1-3 or 4-7?

Drunkfrank

Seasons 1-3 or Season 4-7  

52 users have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer seasons 1-3 or seasons 4-7

• Seasons 1-3
    • Seasons 4-7

This is actually tough, S4, 5, and 7 I think is better than 1-3, but not only are 1-3 more consistent with quality despite a few low points(Boast Busters and MMDW) l still think they aren’t as low as later output, not to mention S6 is still one of the show’s absolute lowest points

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

Looking back on it, I feel that there's more quality in some of the later seasons, but the older ones are a lot easier to watch.

Edited by Cash_In
  • Brohoof 2

• 7 months later...

Season 4-7 then. Even though it doesn't have the Canterlot Wedding or other great episodes, season 4 was the point for me where FiM started to truly shine! :pinkie: And it only became better with all the new characters who appeared and then Starlight of course!

• Brohoof 1

I prefer the older seasons. Unpopular opinion - but I wish Twilight never became a princess nor an alicorn. I would have preferred the show stayed true to its original character. The reformation of the changelings, season 8 and 9, etc were all where the show went down hill. I would have never reformed Discord to be honest. As the show went on into the later seasons it felt like they were running out of ideas - but to be fair, I loved some of those episodes and there were a lot of really good ones. 

• Brohoof 2

Seasons 4, 5 & 6 all have some treasures, its where we got To Where and Back Again, Tirek was a great antagonist, Starlight was the BEST antagonist and I love her even more as one of the Mane ponies, but seasons 1 & 2 got some great originals, the stuff that got me into the show like Birdle Gossip and Griffon the Brush Off, I really loved the ending to season 3 also, its really hard for me to cast a vote, the only thing I can say conclusively, is that the content started going downward in season 7.

• Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...