Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony customs

ManaMinori

Has anyone ever bough a custom made piece of pony merch before, from someone else in the fandom? What was your first (or only) piece of custom merch? Have you ever tried custom pony merch, yourself?

Can anyone recommend anyone who does customs of mlp plushies, and/ or imitation Funko full-sized vinyl figures? (relativity cheap)

• Brohoof 1

Hello, @@Nightmare Muffin

Because this thread is discussing MLP merchandise, I will be moving it to the Merchandise subforum here.

I recieved both a custom made plushie and figure of my pony OC. A friend of mine actually paid the commissioners as a gift for me. The figure was made by the user Trees here on MLP Forums. Unfortunately, however, she is no longer active or commissioning here. As for the plushie, that was commissioned by the user wakuwakuWorkshoppe on Etsy.com

The figure was about $50.00 while the plushie was roughly $120.00(?)

I would really love to have a custom plushy if my OC Techno. But the only issue is that I have no way to pay anyone through the internet and at this point I'm almost 16. So really I'm just hoping someone would actually get interested in my Theory of MLP and offer to do a custom plushy of Techno as a consept figure of the theory. Plus I definitely cannot make plushys myself as I would need to spend like 5-10 thousand dollars on the machinery necessary to make plushys. :) 

*raises hand shyly* I- I make custom pony figures :blush:

They are slightly smaller than Funko vinyls and in a bit more dynamic pose, but still...

Surprisingly, I mostly stick to the official merch myself. :adorkable: Even though I have a lot of respect and admiration for my fellow artisans and their work, I rarely buy fanmade stuff. I have a couple of custom stickers and charms and that's it... It's because I don't really have much money to spend on collectibles and the official merch is way cheaper. I don't go to conventions much, either.  :(

But if I had unlimited amount of money, I would buy the hell out of fanmade stuff XD

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Merion said:

*raises hand shyly* I- I make custom pony figures :blush:

They are slightly smaller than Funko vinyls and in a bit more dynamic pose, but still...

Surprisingly, I mostly stick to the official merch myself. :adorkable: Even though I have a lot of respect and admiration for my fellow artisans and their work, I rarely buy fanmade stuff. I have a couple of custom stickers and charms and that's it... It's because I don't really have much money to spend on collectibles and the official merch is way cheaper. I don't go to conventions much, either.  :(

But if I had unlimited amount of money, I would buy the hell out of fanmade stuff XD

Why are you shy about your skill? Making customs is an amazing talent to have!  Got any pics of your work to share? 

Yeah, official is less work and cheaper to get, I agree. But having something one a kind can be really cool,  on the other hand

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Why are you shy about your skill? Making customs is an amazing talent to have!  Got any pics of your work to share? 

Sure, I have a gallery thread here on the forums! :D

Here's my latest figurine:

Marble1.jpg.ac85c89498d2a2b6ffc4be862e2ab6fb.thumb.jpg.7dcd3d32cc1eacd6db20b0b185ce34d0.jpg

• Brohoof 3

@Merion

That's really cute, and a work well done, if I ever saw one. ;) Again, why are you shy about this? Heck, I would LOVE to have a custom made by you in my pony collection, really and truly! And I know I'm pretty envious also, of the kind of skills you have, to make something like that (I have tried, and failed HARD).

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Leave a Whisper said:

I love your color choice, green/gray/purple looks so nice together. Did you sculpt her?

Yes, I did :)

I sculpted an original pony base and made a bunch of resin copies of it. Now I can customize the bases by sculpting manes, tails and other features on them :)

• Brohoof 1

On 8/1/2017 at 3:05 AM, Merion said:

Yes, I did :)

I sculpted an original pony base and made a bunch of resin copies of it. Now I can customize the bases by sculpting manes, tails and other features on them :)

Wow! Very nice job indeed. :3

• Brohoof 1