Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler NEW! My little pony Campfire Tails PROMO!

Firedog

(edited)

The seems interesting. I wonder if they make them up or that these stories actually happened.

Rarity should not tell a story abou fashion again. :lol:

Rarity_telling_a_scary_story_EG4.png

Edited by Hierok
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm fairly certain Rarity is going to be telling a story about this lovely lady.

Dash will be Flash Magnus.

Applejack will likely tell a story about Rockhoof.

That just leaves Somnambula. I'm not really sure how she's going to fit, though she's clearly in it.

Given Meadowbrook hasn't been shown, at least one of them is set to appear later, and her issue is the last, I'm guessing she won't be showing up in this episode.

Edited by Philweasel

45 minutes ago, PinkiePie97 said:

It's been pointed out to me that towards the end, there's what looks like Toola Roola and Coconut Cream from G3.

You mean a story or what? :ooh:

(edited)
2 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the question.

Sorry, let me explain. ;)

3 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

It's been pointed out to me that towards the end, there's what looks like Toola Roola and Coconut Cream from G3.

You said towards the end. Do you mean the end of the episode or from a story that been told or of the season. I don't understand what you mean by this. :grin:

Edited by Hierok

12 minutes ago, Hierok said:

You towards the end. Do you mean the end of the episode or from a story that been told or of the season. I don't understand what you mean by this. :grin:

Oops. I didn't watch the video and assumed this was the extended promo. Sorry for the confusion. They appear at the 20 second mark of this:

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, PinkiePie97 said:

Oops. I didn't watch the video and assumed this was the extended promo. Sorry for the confusion. They appear at the 20 second mark of this:

Thank you. :)

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Philweasel said:

You don't have to have read the comics, though Rock Hoof and Flash Magnus are both well worth reading, and the other two are good too.

That's right, as the Itunes previews of each of those imply, each of those issues are sequels of previous feats. So I presume the feats that made them legends are in the show :huh: 

8 hours ago, Philweasel said:

I'm fairly certain Rarity is going to be telling a story about this lovely lady.

That just leaves Somnambula. I'm not really sure how she's going to fit, though she's clearly in it.

Given Meadowbrook hasn't been shown, at least one of them is set to appear later, and her issue is the last, I'm guessing she won't be showing up in this episode.

Nah, it has been tweeted that they will ALL appear. Plus, hers won't the the last issue, the last issue will be all of them going Avengers Assemble against a very familiar group of foes

6 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

Well, most of 'em horses from the start are partly done by a G3 pony in comparison. Maybe one of them is the pony voiced by Janyse Jaud :huh: 

4 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

The rest of this season is looking pretty good so far, especially given this promo.

Campefire Tales looks a lot more interesting now as well.

To think that was the episode I was less excited about :lol: 

After Campfire Tales, I'm hoping that the Crusaders won't get another episode with Applejack, Rarity or Rainbow Dash for the rest of the show.

For one thing, I didn't really like The Cart Before the Ponies.

20 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

After Campfire Tales, I'm hoping that the Crusaders won't get another episode with Applejack, Rarity or Rainbow Dash for the rest of the show.

For one thing, I didn't really like The Cart Before the Ponies.

Yeah the show really needs to expand these characters beyond their pairings with their sister figures. (Though to be honest it looks to be just a narrative framing device and this group isn't going to be the focus).

30 minutes ago, KH7672 said:

Yeah the show really needs to expand these characters beyond their pairings with their sister figures. (Though to be honest it looks to be just a narrative framing device and this group isn't going to be the focus).

I think another sleepover with Fluttershy would be funny. Maybe with a visit of Twilight and Discord. :orly:

Or other better things like Pinkie Pie being a substitute for Cheerilee for a day, or leading the Crusaders to a Filly Scout meeting, or all of them putting on a circus show -- that's many different things I can think of that we haven't seen!

Rather than, of course, old repeat stuff.

6 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

That's right, as the Itunes previews of each of those imply, each of those issues are sequels of previous feats. So I presume the feats that made them legends are in the show :huh: 

Nah, it has been tweeted that they will ALL appear. Plus, hers won't the the last issue, the last issue will be all of them going Avengers Assemble against a very familiar group of foes

Well, most of 'em horses from the start are partly done by a G3 pony in comparison. Maybe one of them is the pony voiced by Janyse Jaud :huh: 

To think that was the episode I was less excited about :lol: 

Meadowbrook could still be in a later episode of season 7

(edited)
15 hours ago, Philweasel said:

I have a theory: only Rockhoof, Mistmane, and Flash Magnus's stories will be told by those three of the Mane Six in the episode, and Somnambula will be held over like Mage Meadowbrook. My guess is that both Meadowbrook and Somnambula's tales will be told in separate episodes each, and they'll be told by Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie, respectively. I'll have to go into details for episodes that have yet to be officially announced by Discover Family, though:

For future Fluttershy episodes, we have "A Health of Information", which is about her looking for a cure to an unknown illness. From the summary of Meadowbrook's chapter, we know she is a healer. Also, not only does she share Fluttershy's eyes, but her name was a holdover conceptual name for Fluttershy that dates back to Lauren Faust's earliest character sketches, shown in

The Art of Equestria (p. 20).

Somnambula, I admit, is a trickier case. I mainly connected her to Pinkie Pie via process of elimination (of course Twilight already eats up anything related to Star Swirl). However, I did see some line art of her issue that seems to peg her as a rather perky individual. Now, does this mean she won't be in the episode? Probably not. However, there is one episode between this and Fluttershy's called "Daring Done", and Pinkie Pie is explicitly said to be involved in the plot.

While it may be more likely to assume those episodes aren't in this promo, since they haven't been announced by Discovery yet, it's important to realize that "Campfire Tales" isn't the only episode previewed in this video. The opening scene is from "The Perfect Pear", and the scenes of the friendship journal and Twilight reciting old lessons are clearly from "Fame and Misfortune". So it's not hard to imagine we'll be getting a nice, small, three-episode mini-arc of Twilight's friends telling their favorite stories that could potentially build up to a major climax, as the seventh issue of Legends of Magic implies.

Or the episode could just as easily juggle all five, maybe six if they throw Star Swirl in there. "The Cutie Mark Chronicles" did it with the Mane Six's backgrounds, so it could happen again. I just don't see the others as the kinds of people AJ, RD, and Rares would gush over.

Edited by immblueversion

16 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

I wonder if Erin Mathews will voice back Toola Loola :huh: ? 

48 minutes ago, Philweasel said:

You know, I got the reference when Derpy was playing around on the top of that Christmas Tree! I haven't watched much of G3, but I got that!

And Starcatcher always reminded me of Celestia, just without a horn and a serious case of 'bedroom voice'.

Isn't Minty also voiced by Tabitha st Germain :dash: ? I would like for her to appear in the show though :sunny: 

13 hours ago, Philweasel said:

Given Meadowbrook is a healer and a shaman, I'm expecting her to be important to the Fluttershy/Zecora episode.

MLP_LoM06-coverSUB copy.jpg

20 hours ago, ryanmahaffe said:

Meadowbrook could still be in a later episode of season 7

Now that you mention it, the Zecora/Flutters episode seems like it'll bring some importance to Meadowbrook now the Flutters needs to find a medicine :huh: . Well, it's weird that there's ACTUALLY an arc this season, despite being introduced in the latter half :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Isn't Minty also voiced by Tabitha st Germain :dash: ? I would like for her to appear in the show though :sunny:

Yes she is.

Now that you mention it, the Zecora/Flutters episode seems like it'll bring some importance to Meadowbrook now the Flutters needs to find a medicine :huh: . Well, it's weird that there's ACTUALLY an arc this season, despite being introduced in the latter half :lol: 

I also want to note how weird, yet interesting it is to see an Earth Pony shaman. It would have been nice to see another Zebra, but I think it's even more interesting to see that the profession cuts across species.