Register now to remove this ad.
EquestrianScholar

[Ponyville] An Unexpected Greeting and Welcome (IC, Closed)

28 posts in this topic

2zs7mmc.jpg

@Unicorncob

An Unexpected Greeting and Welcome OOC

Mythos Gray had finally arrived by train to Ponyville, his smile and presence making him as one with much confidence. He was a tall grey coated unicorn with white mane and tail, with combed and styled mane that yet had a certain wildness about it if from nothing else but wind or travel. With violet eyes which were sharp to even catch small details, he had actually spent his time on the train telling a story to a mare and her young colt of some of the adventures and places he had been as well of the legends that he went seeking to see if they were true. More then this though, he was using hsi magic to actually show them much of what he was talking about with his illusions leading to the story actually catching the attention of other passengers.

Yet when the train has stopped Mythos had to wrap up the story, saying goodbye to the mare and her colt. He was thanked not only by them but other passengers for keeping the train ride entertaining. With a smile and a bow, the grey unicorn says, "Thank you for such generous words. I should be in Ponyville for the foreseeable future, so if you wish to see more I should be setting up performances there. Just remember the name Mythos Gray and look for any posters or notices with my cutiemark." He was looking forward to how fun it will be to offer his performances while here in Ponyville, confident it could be well received and appreciated by those living in the town.

With such, he steps out and uses his magic to gather all his luggage, quite a bit actually with perhaps about thirty in total though Mythos had considered bringing more if a house for rent could be found and he got settled. The grey unicorn had already contacted a place for him to be staying temporarily, of which he would have all the luggage delivered, but the plan was for it to only be for a couple of days. Having this taken care of, with only his saddle bags and violin case, Mythos will decide to begin heading to Town Hall and perhaps even the market for something to eat with the soft words, "Now then, I wonder how long it might take to actually find one of the mare I seek."

Link to OOC Topic:
Edited by EquestrianScholar
1 person brohoofs this

sig-4837785.sig-4806427.sig-4802862.sig-

As Mythos travels toward the town square of Ponyville, where the Town Hall he seeks resides, he can see there are many different kinds of ponies populating the nice little settlement. Unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies alike all trot or fly by with a smile.

One in particular is a very peculiar looking earth pony, with wild pink hair complimenting her pink coat and contrasting her light blue eyes which stare right at Mythos as she stops to watch him pass by. It isn't exactly an accusatory stare, more like that of a curious animal making out if something it had never seen before is a friend of enemy.

As Mythos gets closer to her, her stare gets more curious...

2zs7mmc.jpg

@Unicorncob

"Quite a diverse town," Mythos comments softly to himself, a smile playing on his face at the though. While the grey unicorn had often taken enjoyment of the games Canterlot eilte play, it often did come to feel like more of the same. Many ponies to meet, but most of the unicorns with much the same goals or aspirations when it came to climbing the social ladder. He always enjoy exploring far beyond the capital, even past Equestria itself, to see what or who could be discovered.

Yet such thoughts will pass, as it did not take much time for Mythos to notice the pink earth pony mare with a mane reminding him very much of cotton candy who was staring at him. As he got closer, even the stallion became curious of the mare as she acted in a way that could see odd. Smiling, he will offer a small bow of his head and a chuckle before saying, "Greetings, it seems that I have caught your attention Miss..." He pauses, hoping the mare will offer her name.

His smile and tone was that of a certain friendliness or amiability.

"O-M-Goodness!" The pink pony squeals, an almost literally ear-to-ear grin crossing her muzzle as she got right in the newcomer's face. "I love meeting new ponies and I've never met you before so you must be a new pony so I love meeting you too!" She squealed, her words practically pouring out of her mouth like a raging waterfall. "I've just gotta give ya the real Pinkie Pie welcome to Ponyville! Like a 'Welcome to Ponyville' party! Oooo, with streamers and cakes and sarsaparilla and music and--!"

She pattered all four hooves in place, clearly exciting herself. If Mythos listened closely enough, he'd have caught her name.

2zs7mmc.jpg

@Unicorncob

Mythos waits as the pink mare spoke in a very fast manner, making sure to pay attention to what she said. Raising his hoof, and the grey unicorn say with a laugh, "Miss Pie, I would be happy for such a welcome. It is always a pleasure to meet ponies as friendly and enjoyable company as yourself." Considering for a moment, he will ask Pinkie Pie, "Though where would we have the party? Where I will be temporarily staying until I find a place more permanent wont be big enough for a lot of ponies."

Realizing he had yet to introduce himself, the stallion bows his head and give a flourish of his hoof before saying with a wide smile, "My name Mythos Gray. A storyteller and entertainer extraordinaire, who likes to bring wonder and enjoyment to others." Pondering for a moment he continues with a question "You said your name is Pinkie Pie, as in Ponyville's premiere party planner? Who also helped with the wedding of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and the Captain of the Royal Guard Shining Amour?"

Seems luck was with him this day, and Mythos thanked Celestia for such opportunity.

Pinkie's chest swells with pride as Mythos pointed out the wedding she had helped plan. Said chest puffs out, her gallant look sullied by the big goofy grin crossing her muzzle.

"That's me!" She chirps, hopping in place. "Shiny and Cadence's wedding was the best wedding I ever helped plan! Well it's one of the only weddings I helped plan but still! And yeah that meanie Queen Chrysalis and her Changeling army nearly ruined it by taking Cady's place and nearly taking over Equestria to feed off our love energy but the girls and I took care of that, easy-peasy-whipped-cream-squeezy!" She beams and pumps her hoof in the air.

Then her bright blue eyes sparkle, like she's just realised something. "Oooooo, we can have the party at Sugarcube Corner! It's like, the party capital of Ponyville!"

2zs7mmc.jpg&key=9324791e75c12fb90c821420724766b3b0d8e83937de252a8f3f0656bd67989d

@Unicorncob

"Is that a place were I can get a bite to eat as well," Mythos asks the amusing and excitable mare, considering Pinkie with a smile and chuckle, "Or considering the name, it is more a sweet shop? Of anycase, I have no issue with us having it there Miss Pie and more likely then not you will provide refreshments." The grey unicorn was still feeling a bit hungry and was agreeable to the offering being made, sounded like it would be a lot of fun.

Continuing, he will say, involving the rest of what Pinkie had said, "Though if it wont be too much trouble, I will request that we could perhaps meet up later as well? I am interested in learning more about your experience at the wedding, and the statement released by Princess Celestia was lacking in certain details." Mythos had gone to the wedding, being among the guests, but hadn't been in the position to really know fully what had happened or how the situation came about.

All in all though, despite being a unicorn from Canterlot with all the expectations of manner and behavior, Mythos had been taking Pinkie's antics and personality well. He seemed entertained and amused, actually enjoying his conversation with Pinkie Pie no matter how odd she seemed.

Pinkie keeps her grin up, happy to hear Mythos is happy with having the party at Sugarcube Corner. After all, there's no better place in Ponyville to have the best parties!

"Of course I'll handle everything!" She chirps, beaming with pride. "There'll be cake and soda and cider and candy and music and sarsaparilla and--"

Though, she halts as soon as her head registers something Mythos had mentioned about Princess Celestia. "Huh? Ya think so? Celestia isn't really the kinda pony to not put in every single detail into a report... wait, no, I'm thinking of Twilight~" She giggles.

2zs7mmc.jpg&key=9324791e75c12fb90c821420724766b3b0d8e83937de252a8f3f0656bd67989d

Mythos could not help but take pleasure in how happy his words seem to make the pink mare, listening as Pinkie went over what she could gather for the party.

Yet on her pausing and asking about what the grey unicorn said involving Princess Celestia, Mythos says, "Well it wouldn't be the first time. It came to the surprise of many to learn Her Highness even had a sister, on Princess Luna's return. Then there was the statue of Discord in the Canterlot Garden, which turned out to be the actual Spirit of Chaos imprisoned. The story of Nightmare Moon was treated as legend, an old mare's tale, by even most scholars which the Princess allowed to be believed." He hopes his words did not come of negatively, as the stallion did have much respect for the mare who has guided Equestria for over a thousand years and probably hiding so very much of herself.

Continuing, Mythos offers, "My words before were simply consideration that what was said, was perhaps more reserved with a few things left unsaid. I understand that from a political standpoint Princess Celestia may decide there are some things best left without being mentioned, or to provide a statement which casts as little doubt or worry in the hearts of her subjects as possible. She is still the greatest leader I know, and no matter what her intentions have be in watching over us." Hopefully Pinkie Pie understands what he is trying to say, though he was unsure if the mare ever thought on such things.

All while Mythos talks, Pinkie just stands there staring right at him. She keeps a grin on her face and nods every so often, as if she's taking in every word... though it isn't certain if she actually does understand.

"I see what you're after," she says, a sly smirk on her muzzle as she gives the stallion a gentle nudge. "You wanna know how the Elements of Harmony saved Equestria... I dunno how many times, huh? Wanna get an inside scoop? Huh, I'd love a scoop right now. Maybe strawberry. Ooh, or chocolate! Ooh, or strawberry and chocolate! With some mint and sprinkles! Ooh, I'm gonna have ice cream at the party now!" She giggles and patters her hooves again.

2zs7mmc.jpg

"Oh," Mythos asks in interest, his suspicions perhaps coming to fruition, as he considered Pinkie may be involved with the Elements of Harmony given the descriptions he had been able to gain of the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony, "That does sound like an interesting story, though if you are in the mood for ice cream Miss Pinkie I'd be happy to have it be my treat for your offer of a party in welcoming me to Ponyville." The grey unicorn felt excitement build, but kept a calm yet amused demeanor as he considers the mare before him.

The grey unicorn chuckles, a wide smile of Mythos' face before continuing, "We can perhaps discuss what you have in mind for the party as well perhaps discuss what you know of the Elements of Harmony. I am sure there is much more we could go over" Pinkie Pie was very interesting, and his instincts told the grey unicorn that the mare was special even though the stallion will not yet go right out an ask the question. Mythos knew it was often better to wait and not rush things, and he suspected that Pinke may reveal more without much prompting.

"Oooh, I'd love to tell you about my friends!" Pinkie squeaks, beaming and hopping in place with excitement. "But I can't share any trade secrets, otherwise how would they be secret?" She giggles.

She remembers his mention of treating her to ice cream, and she shakes her head so rapidly it's almost a blur. "NononononononononononononoNO! You just got here and you're gonna be the guest of honour at the party! Lemme treat you to ice cream! Loads of it! Sugarcube Corner does some of the best stuff!"

2zs7mmc.jpg

"Thank you, that is much appreciated Miss Pinkie," Mythos offers with a tone that honesty does sound appreciative before continuing, "Though more and more I wonder if you may be one I am looking for as well. What do you know of the Elements of Harmony, perhaps even be one of the Bearers yourself?" Perhaps the grey unicorn was too quick in asking this, but with how open the pink mare had been he felt it could be asked.

On the other part of what Pinkie said, he replies with a smile, "If you insist, perhaps another time I can return the favor. Still, if you wish we can begin heading to Sugarcube Corner. There is no rush for me to go anywhere." Mythos was enjoying his time with the pink mare, and while he was not nearly so excitable or loud in his behavior the stallion did have an appreciation of such manic energy as being shown by the earth pony.

OOC: If you like, we can start opening the roleplay up a bit. Perhaps a bit later, once the party gets started, as it will seem a bit silly to have just the two of us in a thread with Pinkie throwing a party for Mythos. That, and I am sure she will want to introduce the newcomer to many of those in Ponyville.

"Ooooo, why didn't I say so before!" Pinkie chirps, and points a hoof to her chest. "I'm the Element of Laughter! I should've brought my really pretty necklace thingy to show ya! We all got one... except Twilight, she got a cool crown thingy since she's the Element of Magic and the Princess of Friendship and stuff!"

She nods at his wanting to go ahead to Sugarcube Corner and starts bouncing--literally--in the direction of the bakery. "I gotta set up the party anyway! And it's gonna be the best 'Welcome Mythos to Ponyville' party eveeeerrrr~!"

1 person brohoofs this

2zs7mmc.jpg

Mythos had a right pleased expression on his face, as if the pink mare had given him the perfect present leading the grey unicorn to say as much with the words, "I feel like a colt on his birthday, you couldn't have given me a better gift with this information Miss Pinkie. It appears Celestia's gaze falls favorably on me today." The stallion meant his words truly, he was very happy with learning what he had and in knowing that he met perhaps the one pony who may best be able to help him.

He follows the bouncing mare and amused expression on his face as Mythos' eyes follow Pinkie, them moving up and down. Mythos, to her words, replies, "I am sure it will be, especially since they often say the first is often the best. Your welcome is much appreciated Miss Pinkie. Hopefully I will me able to meet a few of your friends during the party." The grey unicorn started to think his purpose wouldn't be that difficult at all, Mythos felt getting he needed may almost be simple.

1 person brohoofs this

Pinkie grins and keeps bouncing along, but slows to a halt--in midair--as she realises something.

"GAAAAAAASP! What am I doing?!" She yelps, and suddenly Mythos has a pair of blue eyes right in front of him. "I can't bring you to a surprise party while it's being set up! That's no surprise at all! Heck, you even know that it's a party! There's no surprise period! Curse you mouth for doing too much talking!"

She pantomimes zipping her mouth shut with her hoof--somehow complimented with an actual zipping sound--and mumbles something to herself that can be interpreted as, "And you stay closed until you learn to behave!"

Mythos was surprised by the behavior, but accepting of it as he chuckles, "Well if you like Miss Pinkie, you could show me where Sugercube Corner is and while I enjoy a treat you can go off to gather whatever you need and you come find me later? Don't be too hard on yourself." While he could understand why she would wish for the party to be a suprise, it was a bit late at this point. Still, if she wanted to do things here way that was fine and he was curious to see if she offers a nod or shake of her head to his suggestion.

Yet, he will also offer another alternative, the grey stallion considering, before saying, "Surprise or not, I am sure it will be wonderful. You seem just the sort of mare with the creativity and passion to truly have shine whatever you put together, bring laughter and joy." Mythos generally knew just what to say to cheer and mare up, and how to compliment them so as to bring a smile or blush. That was a skill he was most proud in cultivating, and his charm guiding his words in what to say.

"really gotta stop blabbing about secrets," Pinkie murmurs to herself, not exactly sounding upset. "I could keep Cadence havin' a foal a secret, surprise party secrets should be a piece of secret ice-cream cake!"

She taps her hoof on her chin as she ponders something... and her eyes light up. "Heeeeey... I think I got somethin'," she snickers, then continues bouncing on her way to Sugarcube Corner. "But for now, c'mon and see the sweetest place in town!"

@Unicorncob

"Well you were excited, and I was somepony new," Mythos offers with a smile, offering the pink mare excused to help her feel better. Yet one detail caught his notice as well with that as he asks, "Cadance... as in Princess Cadance of the Crystal Empire, who married Captain Shining Armour of the Royal Guard?" Having lived in Canterlot, and with how their wedding having taken place at the capital.

Yet Pinkie's words suggesting that she had an idea, the grey unicorn couldn't help but smile as he says with a chuckle, "I am not surprised. You seem to be a mare much smarter then you might let on, figuring out a solution to this issue." Admittedly, Mythos didn't see the party not being a surprise as that big of an issue but the pink mare seemed to take her parties very seriously.

Continuing, Mythos finishes with the words, "Of any case, lead the way. It sounds like the place will be quite the sugar rush." He laughs at his own bit of humor, and hopes Pinkie Pie would appreciate it as well. He did not as often keep company with mares like her, but it was fun when he did.

OOC: My apologizes, I missed your last reply.

Pinkie halts for a moment, mulling the stallion's pun over in her head, staring right at him with a serious expression. Finally she lets out an amused snort and grins right in his face.

"Oh, I get it!" She giggles, resuming her bouncing down the street. "That's a good one! I gotta remember that! And yup, that's the Cadence! Princess Twilight's her sister-in-law who I'm BFFs with~"

@Unicorncob

Mythos was glad that she got his pun, though he was surprised it took her a moment. Still, it was nice that his humor had been appreciated. Already he was making so many mental notes and reminders so as to further discussion with Pinkie about her friends and those she happened to know, never thing that he would meet one who was such a wellspring of helpfulness.

"You truly are a mare who knows everyone," Mythos says, with amused and impressed as he gives a chuckle. Continuing, he makes the joke, "I bet in a week Miss Pinkie you will know everything a pony might ever know about me." The grey unicorn didn't intent for his words to be serious, but he also didn't know just how far Pinkie went in getting to know someone.

Admittedly, there was a few things he hoped Pinkie wouldn't learn about him. Mythos probably shouldn't underestimate her.

"Of course I know everypony in Ponyville!" Pinkie giggles, as if Mythos had told her water is wet. "I'm Ponyville's official party planner, I gotta be on my hooves when it comes to what ponies like!"

At his assumption that she'd know everything about him after a week, she rolled her hoof, looking unsure. "I dunno, it might not really take a week... I'd give it a few days~"

@Unicorncob

Mythos chuckles at her words, never realizing a mare of a seemingly straight forward profession as party planning could suggest such knowledge and insight. The grey unicorn considering that he could ask Pinkie Pie about anyone in Ponyville and she could probably tell him so much, and says, "Well then, I know who to seek out if I wish to put together a party of any sort while I am here. I am sure that you'd do wonderfully."

Yet it was Pinkie's words that she could know everything about him in a few days which really brought couple of good laughs. With a smile of amusement, Mythos says with tone which suggests to the mare a challenge, "Well, well Miss Pinkie you are an interesting mare. I would be most surprised if you could learn even half of all there is about me, though I feel it could be a lot of fun. Perhaps us learning about each other."

Pinkie giggles and keeps hopping along the street, Sugarcube Corner getting closer and closer. "I'd say I'm an open book but that's more like what Twilight would be. I'm more like a big cake with my life story all over the top of it!"

Once she enters the sweet-smelling establishment, she hops into the air, doing a cartwheel across the bakery airspace before landing perfectly on all fours behind the counter, much to the approval and applause of the patrons inside.

"What can I getcha~?"

@Unicorncob

Mythos finds amusement in her words, and cannot help but laugh softly at Pinkie's choice of describing herself as a cake with her life story on top.

After a moment of consideration, Mythos looks to see what may be available as he looks through the collection of desserts and pastries. After a moment he asks, "What might you recommend Miss Pinkie with berries? I think something with a bright blend of berries is what I am in the mood for right now." He is curious to see what the pink mare might suggest, and also because the grey unicorn felt she might be a good judge of taste.