Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you celebrate your birthdays?

ZethaPonderer

Do you celebrate your birthdays?  

70 users have voted

1. 1. Well... do you?

• Yes
    • No

10 minutes ago, Weles said:

Of course! If anyone I know deserves their own holiday it's me! :derp:

But in all actuality I just like to eat out.

I don't like how restaurants have to sing the birthday song to me. It draws attention from the other patrons in the place, and I don't want that! So embarrassing!:blush:

All I would like is the discount some places give to people on their birthdays, not be the center of attention! :P

• Brohoof 5

It really depends on what you mean by "celebrate."

I'm 25 years old. It's not really much of a party. We went out to the local $8 buffet for my birthday this year. I was given a little money. The people there were my parents, grandparents, and great-grandmother. I wouldn't really call that a celebration. My girlfriend and I try to do nice things for each other on our birthdays, but last year, she was 3 states away and this year we've been trying to put money together for a house. So all we really did for my bday this year was rent a movie and eat ice cream. Which is fine by me. :) I did put a little back for my girlfriend's birthday, though. We went to her favorite place to eat and saw Spider-Man. 

But are birthdays a full-blown celebration? Eh, not really anymore.I guess I'm just getting OLD

• Brohoof 2

Cool Cool. At least y'all have your reasons to celebrate your birthdays and that's fine by me. Just don't expect to send me an invitation to your birthday party, since I'm quite the party pooper (even in my own birthday as a kid). I really have zero common sense on how to enjoy other people's birthday parties so please don't. XD

If it was my birthday, I would probably just buy myself a chocolate cake, one candle, and just make a wish to The God of Abraham with or without my family members. But I could care less at this point. Also, my family members give me money from my birthday so I can use it out of self-interest, but I give that away to charity since I don't know how to take care of myself and feel sorry if other people are suffering for the wrong reasons. Don't see the point in spending for myself though I do try to be conservative with my money.

Bottom line, I've seen so much misery in my life that I would rather not even bother celebrating my own birthdays anymore. There's even an incident I read where an innocent kid got arrested from his teens just for playing a multiplayer game online and celebrated his birthday from prison. That's one way to celebrate your birthday.

• Brohoof 2

Not all that much anymore, simply because there aren't many ways I can celebrate it. I definitely would love to do something special each year, just doesn't happen. Maybe hopefully in the future when things are different I can do more.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I don't like how restaurants have to sing the birthday song to me. It draws attention from the other patrons in the place, and I don't want that! So embarrassing!:blush:

All I would like is the discount some places give to people on their birthdays, not be the center of attention! :P

It's so funny when they do that :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Sorta. I don't do anything big if that's what your asking, but I like it when my friends and family wish me a happy birthday. Birthdays don't hold the same kind of magic as they did when I was kid, nowadays my response is "It's my birthday. I'm one year older... whoo hoo..."

I guess I celebrate my birthday, but it would be more accurate to say that other people celebrate it and I just kind of go along with it. I'm not all that sentimental about birthdays and I don't like to get extravagant, but if family or friends want to throw a little get together I'm okay with it. I just don't like anything that makes a spectacle in public. I'm not that much into elaborate gifts either. On my last birthday I got a nice pair of earrings and a can of Play Doh and that was perfect. :proud:

• Brohoof 2

Not really. People can give me things all the way, or buy me dinner, but I won't go out of my way for it. It's not like Christmas where there are massive sales for things to buy.

Nah, since I have the wheels of my life now, I don't see the point of celebrating. All that attention and the HB song is awkward when you're there just staring. I just want the restaurant discounts

• Brohoof 1

My birthday has ever been a big deal to me, but other people usually won't let me forget! I usually end up doing something small on the day.

God, i wish everyone i know could just forget about my birthday every year...most of the time i do.

I haven't had a birthday party since i was a teen because i never ever enjoyed them apart from when i would get presents, but that too got old for me.

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes. I'm VERY lazy to celebrate it and tend to forget it aswell.

I try to... my family are very big on celebrating events - like Halloween and Christmas is mental in my parents' house and me and my siblings try to replicate it. 

Im a tad bit egotistic and like to be centre of attention, so I do try and do big events or trips for my birthday or my partners' birthday. Its a Birthday, gotta have fun and celebrate you! 

The hard part is that my partner's family dont celebrate anything, they dont even do Christmas, but I did notice his Mum made an effort since Ive been with him to make her house seem a little Christmassy. They dont do Birthdays either, tbh its not often he gets a card. I think cash present is about it as it always helps and is needed. 

But anyhoo, I like to spoil those closest to me. ^^; he gets pressies from me whether he like sit or not hee hee

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Ken said:

I haven't had a birthday party since i was a teen because i never ever enjoyed them apart from when i would get presents, but that too got old for me.

Yeah, when you got everything you need, but you now want some geek stuff that are awkward to ask for, the presents lose their magic 

Yes. The whole family comes to celebrate and we have a great day. My mother and brother have our birthday on the same date, and that's my birthday. :grin: