Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you celebrate your birthdays?

ZethaPonderer

Do you celebrate your birthdays?  

70 users have voted

1. 1. Well... do you?

• Yes
    • No

I celebrate mine by just going out to eat with either friends or family. Its pretty much like any other day. Use to look forward to presents but since i have my own job now if i see something i want i usually end up buying it myself ^-^

Don't care much for those anymore I mean it's nice to kinda memorise it and stuff but there isnt much more to it than that I mean I can't really see much benefit in using resources to celebrate something of that matter.

I still celebrate my birthday despite my overall disdain for it because of knowing that I got a year older and my family does come by for birthday cake and anything else I decide I want to do for the occasion.

The short answer would be Yes.

Personally? I don't see the need to celebrate my birthday. I couldn't care less about presents and honestly it's just enough to spend a day with your loved ones in my opinion. It does not have to be a specific day. However, the reason i do celebrate is because my family sort of forces me into it. They see every such event as important. Out of respect to my family and its' tradition, i celebrate.

• Brohoof 1

Kind of. A big deal isn't really made about it anymore, and that's fine. Every year that passes by and my life isn't still together or no longer isn't anything to celebrate anyway. lol

I'm too old for my birthday to be something to celebrate, though it is a milestone of how many times I've raced around the sun!

2 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

I'm too old for my birthday to be something to celebrate

You're never too old to celebrate your birthday. Unless you know... you're undead. In which case nevermind. 

Can I borrow your spaceship after you are done? I want to race around the sun a few times.

I stopped celebrating birthdays after my 21st, even then my mom had to drag me out to celebrate it.  I don't really see the point in celebrating my birthday these days.

• Brohoof 2

No. I just pick a cheap present for my family to get me because they feel guilty if they give me nothing. I don't even think my friends know when my birthday is aside from one of my friends, and she only knows because I accidentally passed remarks that her baby nephew had been born on my birthday, and that this was very cute.

• Brohoof 2

Yep, my whole family and I usually go out for dinner or we cook a nice meal and, of course, we have a cake and some presents. The presents are what I'd normally expect for an adult (money, clothes, a bill paid, so on)

• Brohoof 1

Hmm...I much prefer small gatherings/outings with a couple of friends or family members than a huge birthday bash. That being said, I am starting to feel weird about birthdays now because I am also reminded that I'm getting closer to 30. It's hard to wrap my head around. :P 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Lance Shield said:

Yep, my whole family and I usually go out for dinner or we cook a nice meal and, of course, we have a cake and some presents. The presents are what I'd normally expect for an adult (money, clothes, a bill paid, so on)

A lot of flowers! :grin: Since my fifteenth birthday I get only flowers with money. :twi:

No, not really. It feels like everyone else celebrates it for me, tho. :please: My parents usually throw a small dinner party and my friends and coworkers give me gifts... It's really nice and I appreciate it a lot, but on the other hand I feel I'm not really worth the bother. :blush:

• Brohoof 1

I'm 28 and I still celebrate my birthday. Well, I am somewhat forced to. My mom always find some retarded way to make me go "...Meh. I love pizza. Lets go!" and she always reserve seats at Peppes Pizza over yonder. The pizza there is AWESOME, so it makes up for it, I guess.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...