Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you celebrate your birthdays?

ZethaPonderer

Do you celebrate your birthdays?  

70 users have voted

1. 1. Well... do you?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

We do to an extent but we never have parties. :blink: (Sorry, Pinkie) We usually just go out for dinner. :adorkable:

That’s basically what I do now along with inviting friends over to play video games. Not like we could have a big party this year though :/

• Brohoof 1

Yes of course I do, it would be crazy not too! ^_^

For my birthday my mom lets me pick a restaurant to go out to eat at, and then after I'll usually open up a few presents from family members and then have some cake and ice cream :ooh: It's all pretty low-key but it's how I like it B)

I want to but most of my friends don't seem to or people are like nah ur too old. And for years I have had really bad birthdays in the past like one time at school sitting alone and such (tho ngl that happened every friday for a year or so and just happened to be my birthday felt utterly lonely) or someone else who had their birthday same day getting all the praise (i mean im glad for them but). I also don't really get any gifts anymore apart from one or two small ones if im lucky at all and the same at xmas im lucky to get any socks :c and probs even less since not visting the wider family we fell out as well as corona issues. I used to have great birthdays though as a kid primary school tho after that slowly phased out and no one cared about celebrating at all. I guess birthdays aren't like genuinely special days though its jus a sort of celebration or acknowledgment that people decided to do and might make a big occasion out of. It jus kinda brought me down the expectation of something good and then what feels like nothing at all. 

This year my birthday just fell a bit before lockdown and I wasn't able to collect gift either idk if its still there it was months ago now. It almost makes me feel like nobody really cares tbh ngl. But to be fair I given up on telling most people about it some people are so negative about birthdays too just stuff like ur getting old more pains in life and that like way to bring things down.

Edited by flurry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm 28 so I'm a bit old for celebrating, imho. My partner and I usually grab some food to eat. On our birthdays. I don't like getting presents, tho. I don't have room for anything. I just like it kept simple. 

When I was little till I hit my teens we did. Then it wasn’t till I hit like 16 we had a party. Then I didn’t start yearly celebrating my birthday till I turned 21. 

So now I try to do at least something on my birthday,

• 1 year later...

Haven’t celebrated my birthday in years. Work is a factor, but mainly because I’ve gotten indifferent to it. Hell, I would forget my birthdays if everyone else wouldn’t remind me of it :scoots:

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Splashee said:

Not anymore. I used to love birthdays as a kid, but now, it is just too much work and a reminder you only get older without any benefits.

This is me. My birthday is of no importance, nothing changes from one day to the next and it's not something that needs to be marked. Very few people, even irl, know my birthday for this exact reason. The fact that I also generally don't care for parties, don't drink alcohol and can't have cake (gluten intolerance ftw) are contributing factors, I suppose.

I'll celebrate when I make it to 100 or something, though.

Edited by daviddaviddavid
  • Brohoof 1