Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Fighting games. :D

Discordian

Fighting games are one of my favorite video game genres. Also the only one I care to play competitively in any sense of the word. BlazBlue, Darkstalkers, or Guilty Gear? All fun.

What about you? Favorite fighting games? Best characters in each? Let's talk! Or fight. Whichever.

---

Most recently I got Darkstalkers Resurrection. I've rather enjoyed playing as Jedah (Provi de Servo = <3) and Anarkaris. Lilith is surprisingly fun to play as even though she's kind of the Dan Hibiki to Morrigan's Ryu.

---

I found out about this one recently.

I can't wait. I love the Arc System Works fighting games (BlazBlue, Persona 4 Arena, Guilty Gear) and I'm definitely looking forward to being able to play as RWBY characters.

(edited)

I've dabbled in fighting games, but I wouldn't say I'm any good at them, especially when they require massive complex button inputs to do anything. Guess that's why the only fighting game I'm alright at is Melee, with my main being Falco. I managed somehow using Sektor in Mortal Kombat and in Injustice: Gods Among Us I liked playing as Aquaman (who is my favorite DC hero by the by) most of the time. 

Edited by PoisonClaw

Smash is probably my favorite series, I've been into it since 64, my favorite characters are usually Captain Falcon and Link, or Snake in Brawl's case

Also a huge fan of the Vs Series with Capcom Vs SNK 2 being my favorite....would really love a 3rd one

10 minutes ago, PoisonClaw said:

I've dabbled in fighting games, but I wouldn't say I'm any good at them, especially when they require massive complex button inputs to do anything. Guess that's why the only fighting game I'm alright at is Melee, with my main being Falco. I managed somehow using Sektor in Mortal Kombat and in Injustice: Gods Among Us I liked playing as Aquaman (who is my favorite DC hero by the by) most of the time. 

Unless you're playing competitively you can usually get by without having to string combos together. I do pretty okay and I can't do more than a few moves at a time. Except for Dead or Alive and Virtua Fighter most fighting games don't require you to do more than two or three buttons in sequence to pull off attacks.

Take Street Fighter. The only thing you have to do for Ryu's Hadouken is a quarter-circle forward on the joystick and one button. This isn't actually much different from Melee. Most fighting games are like that and any further comboing is nothing more than practice by people looking to play competitively. Some games have challenges and tutorials to teach you how to do that but it's not necessary to be halfway decent at them.

Try playing BlazBlue. Its very accessible as far as difficulty and mechanics go.

All it takes is a bit of practice just to get started.

I am not competitive by any means, but I enjoy a few specific fighting games. Virtua Fighter 5 and Smash Bros are probably my top picks. Virtua Fighter 5 is just so smooth in its gameplay and the use of real styles is icing. I main Kage, Lei-Fei and Jean Kujo. Jean has an amazing array of customization. 

For le Smash Bros, my main guy is good ol Link, blue Link to be specific. I play the 3DS version and enjoy 1v1, no item battles against a level 9 AI.

2 minutes ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

Smash is probably my favorite series, I've been into it since 64, my favorite characters are usually Captain Falcon and Link, or Snake in Brawl's case

Also a huge fan of the Vs Series with Capcom Vs SNK 2 being my favorite....would really love a 3rd one

My mains in Smash were Fox and Link in the original, Roy in Melee, Lucario in Brawl. Kirby is also a mainstay for me in all of them. I haven't quite played the new one enough to have a main yet but I'm surprisingly good with Palutena. Me and my brother had an amazing fight between Rosalina and Palutena one time that was probably  one of our best fights in many years for Smash.

The only VS game I've played is Marvel vs Capcom 2. I loved the huge roster. I definitely want Infinite when it comes out. Jedah from Darkstalkers is in it. :D

I also love crossover games though. Nitroplus Blasterz and Aquapazza were great. I like finding characters from anime I know in random fighting games.

1 minute ago, Kyoshi said:

I am not competitive by any means, but I enjoy a few specific fighting games. Virtua Fighter 5 and Smash Bros are probably my top picks. Virtua Fighter 5 is just so smooth in its gameplay and the use of real styles is icing. I main Kage, Lei-Fei and Jean Kujo. Jean has an amazing array of customization. 

For le Smash Bros, my main guy is good ol Link, blue Link to be specific. I play the 3DS version and enjoy 1v1, no item battles against a level 9 AI.

When I say I'm competitive I don't mean to say I play competitively. I actually suck a lot. I couldn't win a ranked match to save my life. :P

However, considering I normally don't play PvP like...at all, in any game, this is the one genre I'm okay with it. Partly because it's built for it, I suppose.

4 minutes ago, Discordian said:

I also love crossover games though. Nitroplus Blasterz and Aquapazza were great. I like finding characters from anime I know in random fighting games.

If you like Anime crossover fighters, you should definitely give Tatsunoko Vs Capcom a go, easily the best in that field imo

Just now, Whompy Whomperson said:

If you like Anime crossover fighters, you should definitely give Tatsunoko Vs Capcom a go, easily the best in that field imo

I've always meant to give it a go. I always forget it exists though. What platform was it on?

11 minutes ago, Discordian said:

I've always meant to give it a go. I always forget it exists though. What platform was it on?

Wii, shockingly enough

22 minutes ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

Wii, shockingly enough

Good thing I can still play Wii games thanks to the Wii-U or I might have had to skip it.

17 minutes ago, Arid_Blitz said:

King of fighters games. My main is iofi yagami and K'

I've yet to play the KoF series. I'm told I should get XIII but I might just go for whatever the most recent one was.

1 minute ago, Discordian said:

Good thing I can still play Wii games thanks to the Wii-U or I might have had to skip it.

I've yet to play the KoF series. I'm told I should get XIII but I might just go for whatever the most recent one was.

You can also use Gamecube controllers and the Classic Controller, so thankfully the you don't have to use the Wii Mote either

1 minute ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

You can also use Gamecube controllers and the Classic Controller, so thankfully the you don't have to use the Wii Mote either

Unless I'm remembering wrong the Gamecube adapter only works with Super Smash Bros, doesn't it?

Just now, Arid_Blitz said:

Depends on what system you still play and can find on steam or download

I have all of the current consoles besides the Switch and all of the previous generation as well as far as downloadable games go.

No PC though.

I used to go to Smash Bros Melee tournaments actively for 7 years. I almost got good, but things prevented me from ever achieving it. I quit because I don't have the youth I used to have to work a full time job and go to 3 events weekly and make content from the game for Youtube. I ran out of enjoyment of the game permanently. I can't enjoy going back and I've even tried it. I'm much more into FPSs these days. They're far more relaxing

Also, I used to actively play Street FIgher 3 3rd Strike online and I was a pretty good online warrior, hehee. I just abused Chun-Li's best moves ^.^

5 hours ago, Stormfury said:

SSB

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 / Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4

I was pretty into Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 for awhile. I liked the way they turned it into a very cinematic experience.

I also played Clash of Ninja a lot back on the Gamecube.

I used to really enjoy Tekken as a kid. And most of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series games.

The only fighting game I really like right now is Street Fighter V. I do and have played other fighting games, but SF is the only I have fun with. Another one I have always wanted to get into, but never took the time was Skullgirls. I love the art style and all that.