Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ponyfinder: Age of Adventure (Open, Planning)

GreyScholar

Well I will see to setting up a group chat on Discord then, once I figure out how. I admittedly have less experience on that platform compared to Skype. Also, thank you all for your interest and for your time, hopefully we can find a schedule that works though my days off are Friday and Sunday.

On 11/18/2017 at 5:56 AM, Queen Cassie said:

I think I'm still interested. I thought this died so I hadn't been checking back. So count Gretchen still in.

Glad to see that you are still interested, and my apologizes for causing you to think with had died.

• Brohoof 1

On 10/20/2017 at 5:58 PM, EquestrianScholar said:

On the use of "custom" spells... possibly though only with approval. If you take a spell and simply change damage type, shape, similar effect, or other details which are comparable to the original.

That is usually the extent of it. I follow the rules of the DMG and I usually run the spell ideas through my other d&d friends to see if there are tweaking and such that can be done. Generally I base the spells around a theme for the character. Right now in another rp I'm playing a passifict Tortle wizard who only has healing and support spells, and in another further back than that I was playing a 98 year old granny sorcerer with the mouth of a drunken sailor and a hodge podge of fire spells. She ended up hooking up with a half elf :icwudt:

On 10/20/2017 at 5:58 PM, EquestrianScholar said:

We can most this to Roll20, though I may not have access to a working computer until November 10th so there may be a bit of await for such.

Considering it's november 19th right now then this shouldn't be a thing. I would HEAVILY prefer everything be on roll20 at the very least for my character. I've had just way too much in the way of bad experiences with editable docs to put much faith in them. Roll20 character sheets all the way. Same with dice rolling. If we use roll20, make sure EVERYONE is rolling on that site. I've had games where people were "rolling" with physical dice on an online game before. Lets just say for some reason nobody who was rolling like that ever got anything lower than a 16, and nat20's were just raining from heaven for SOME UNEXPLAINABLE REASON. :okiedokieloki:

#neveragain 

@Buck Testa

Hmm, well we surely could do everything on Roll20, though perhaps only if we could have a record of the party's travels, misadventures, and shenanigans posted here on MLP Forums that way something is being contributed to the site. Especially since by site rules it could be interpreted as "advertising" for off site roleplaying, or otherwise diverting traffic from it. Yet I will admit, perhaps I am simply worrying too much and bothering with details which are not needed to be considered.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

2 hours ago, EquestrianScholar said:

@Buck Testa

Hmm, well we surely could do everything on Roll20, though perhaps only if we could have a record of the party's travels, misadventures, and shenanigans posted here on MLP Forums that way something is being contributed to the site. Especially since by site rules it could be interpreted as "advertising" for off site roleplaying, or otherwise diverting traffic from it. Yet I will admit, perhaps I am simply worrying too much and bothering with details which are not needed to be considered.

It should be fine, also have this just in case we need it.

https://github.com/ArtemGr/Sidekick

On 7/28/2017 at 2:38 PM, Queen Cassie said:

So for a few different reasons, I've dumped my previous character and adopted one from a story I wrote called "The West Tower"(an adaptation of the American television show The West Wing) instead. Her name is Gretchen Vogel, and she's a griffon paladin from Hoofover who speaks in a Germane (German, specifically Hanover) accent. She won't be played like a typical paladin because she's more about serving Celestia in gratitude for what Celestia has done for her people, so none of your usual "so strict moral code I have stick up my butt and am no fun in the party" stuff. I've already spoken with EquestrianScholar at length over this, but I'm making this post for the benefit of others reading the thread, as I'm hoping it'll encourage others to join. Here is a blurb from my story to give ya'll reading an idea of what she's like:

GretchenVogelPaladinQueenCassie.pdf

Your ability scores and modifiers are backwards on the left, which makes your passive perception incorrect as well (which is 10+wis modifier), it should be 14 not 18.

I'll try to see about getting a Discord group chat together, though it may help if someone could point out how to do this on mobile or we could wait until I get back from work in ten or so hours.

My Discord ID is GreyScholar #8836.

If everyone is fine with such, I feel D&D 5e may be better for new players and in general to help keep down complexity of rules. I love Pathfinder as a system, with its choices and variaty, but there is merit to what Wizards of the Coast has done as well.

Whichever each of you are fine with.

• Brohoof 2

Does everyone have Discord? I'd like to get all of us one there to start completing and finalizing character sheets. To work out any details that still need to be worked out taken care off, and begin moving forward. being able to chat about it there could I feel go faster. My User ID is: GreyScholar #8836

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, EquestrianScholar said:

Does everyone have Discord? I'd like to get all of us one there to start completing and finalizing character sheets. To work out any details that still need to be worked out taken care off, and begin moving forward. being able to chat about it there could I feel go faster. My User ID is: GreyScholar #8836

Added you on discord. Needed some questions answered about char sheet

16 hours ago, EquestrianScholar said:

i"m at work will add when i"m home

Okay, I had to install Discord because I'd never used it before, but my user ID is: TheQueenCassandra#7367

I'm still in on this unless something else changes. Equestrian Scholar should still have my character sheet which I believe I did in 5e so yeah.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Queen Cassie said:

I'm still in on this unless something else changes. Equestrian Scholar should still have my character sheet which I believe I did in 5e so yeah.

We can take want you made for 5e and see about converting the details to Pathfinder.

18 hours ago, EquestrianScholar said:

We can take want you made for 5e and see about converting the details to Pathfinder.

Okay, not a problem.

I'm going to see about getting that friend I mentioned to you before into this. He's likely to be interested, and we were trying to set up something ourselves during the period I thought this had died.

Hello! I'm the friend Queen Cassie mentioned there, and I'm totally interested in a Ponyfinder game. 

I've been reading D&D since 2E, and am most familiar with 4E and 5E, but am definitely up for Pathfinder rules if there's still room for another? I haven't been able to play in a game myself for a while, just run one, so it would be a nice change of pace.

(Also, ww#8393)

• Brohoof 1