Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Hoofbeard be in the movie?

ManaMinori

IDW comic #14 put our ponies in a seafaring, swashbuckling situation before, and even had seaponies! Captain Hoofbeard had fallen had fallen for a mermare named Jewel. Do you think he (or Jewel) will cameo in the movie?

PonyPirates05.jpg

Hoofbeard_designs_by_Brenda_Hickey.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Ahh, that comic arc was what PPOV should've been. The concept of characters at sea in a kids show ought to mean that pirates are in there somewhere. :D So sure, I wouldn't object to seeing Hoofbeard as a crew member on Captain Celaeno's ship.

However, while the comic writers tend to love building off the show's established canon, the episode writers don't really offer the same respect to the comics. And since the movie is such a big deal for the MLP franchise, I can't see them throwing in a nod to the comics, apart from the official movie prequel series of course.

A pony with an wooden leg...............? I can't take that seriously. :grin:

I don't really see why not. Maybe he is part of the crew of the pirate griffin. 

6 hours ago, Hierok said:

as opposed to a Parrot with a wooden leg? =_= what's the difference?

• Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

as opposed to a Parrot with a wooden leg? =_= what's the difference?

I can't take anyone with a wooden leg seriously. It's just to stereotypical. :orly:

11 hours ago, Hierok said:

I think they are harpies instead of griffins :dash: .

4 hours ago, Hierok said:

I can't take anyone with a wooden leg seriously. It's just to stereotypical. :orly:

What about the parrots? They don't have any, they ARE the parrots :D

• Brohoof 1

No. I don't think we'll see him in the movie, nor do I think they SHOULD have him in the movie. This movie is going to be made for random people wandering in with little to no knowledge of MLP beyond "its that cartoon from the 80s, right?" and the trailer: as such, you want this to be as SIMPLE as possible for the world: Introduce the mane six and the concepts of the world they live in, devote time to them, and have a good ending. Don't muck around.

You introduce Comic characters, who alot of people who watch the SHOW won't know about, and you're going to turn off the newcomers AND followers of the show in one fell blow-- keep it simple for a starter. Its why discord isn't in the movie (probably) after all.

• Brohoof 2

On 23-7-2017 at 3:12 PM, cmarston1 said:

Nope, there's already going to be a lot of characters in the movie, there isn't going to be enough room to put him into it.

You can always set him in the background. If you give them no attention, the first viewers won't even reconize them and the followers have little fun easter eggs. :squee:

On 23-7-2017 at 2:14 AM, Unlikeable Pony said:

No. I don't think we'll see him in the movie, nor do I think they SHOULD have him in the movie. This movie is going to be made for random people wandering in with little to no knowledge of MLP beyond "its that cartoon from the 80s, right?" and the trailer: as such, you want this to be as SIMPLE as possible for the world: Introduce the mane six and the concepts of the world they live in, devote time to them, and have a good ending. Don't muck around.

You introduce Comic characters, who alot of people who watch the SHOW won't know about, and you're going to turn off the newcomers AND followers of the show in one fell blow-- keep it simple for a starter. Its why discord isn't in the movie (probably) after all.

Like I mentioned before, you don't have to pay attention to these characters.