Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think SoarinDash will ever become canon?

AlicornSpell

(edited)

I hope it becomes canon and I think Rainbow Dash has a crush on Soarin, I mean Rainbow Dash gets shy around him and she saved his apple pie from falling on the ground and she danced with him at Princess Cadence and Shining Armor's wedding.

A comic called "My Little Pony: Friends Forever #36" shows more evidence that Rainbow Dash has a crush on Soarin. Just to make sure that you know which comic I talking about, here's what the front page of the comic looks like:  http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Friends_Forever_issue_36_cover_A.jpg.

could be a indication that Rainbow Dash and Soarin have feelings for each other.

I heard that even some of the MLP show writers like the SoarinDash pairing, and one of them put that picture of Rainbow Dash dancing with Soarin in the episode "A Canterlot Wedding - Part 2" because of how much they liked that pairing.

I think Sabrina Alberghetti (who was the storyboard artist) did state that some of the animators and writers and staff did like the SoarinDash ship. And to give evidence that that statement is true, a lot people on 4chan and Derpibooru talk about that statement a lot.

And it seems like Sabrina Alberghetti herself likes the SoarinDash ship, since she has some romantic drawings of Soarin and Rainbow Dash together in her favorites on her DeviantArt account. Go to Sabrina Alberghetti's DeviantArt account (http://sibsy.deviantart.com/), and type and search "Soarin Rainbow Dash" in her favorites, and you will see those drawings to see that I'm not lying.

Other evidence that I found that indicates that Rainbow Dash has a crush on Soarin is that the artist of the official comics drew a picture of Rainbow dash with a magazine of a seductive looking Soarin.
Here's a link to the picture: https://derpibooru.org/333985

Also according to this YouTube user (here's the YouTube user's account: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCB2NUESzWMGDJfa7g2As9w) who wrote a comment on this YouTube video (here's the YouTube video:)

hqdefault.jpg

there was originally going to be a episode that clearly stated that Rainbow Dash does have a crush on Soarin.

Here's what the YouTube user's comment said: "Did you know they were going to make an episode where rainbow liked soarin but was too afraid to admit it to her friends because she was scared it would ruin her reputation. They didn't make it because they were more focused on episodes based on twilight. But who knows, maybe the episode will still come out". The YouTube user said that the reason she knew this was because her brother used to be an animator for the show. I don't know if the YouTube user is lying though, but I like to think that she isn't.

Edited by AlicornSpell
  • Brohoof 3

I certainly hope not. I don't think the show should bring anymore ponies together, as that would make FlutterDash, TwiDash, SpitDash, SelfDash, and those who ship other things quite mad. Yes, it would make SoarinDash shippers extremely happy, but other shippers would be mad about it and the SoarinDash shippers already seem pretty satisfied with their fan content. This would be quite a problem and it shouldn't happen. Why make SoarinDash shippers super incredibly happy while the other shippers are angry about it when everyone can remain happy with their fanmade content knowing that SoarinDash isn't canon?

Do I think it will happen? If it did happen, I wouldn't be too surprised. If that YouTube comment is not a lie, then there's not a bad chance. There has been quite a bit of evidence that she does like Soarin, and an episode that contains her confession would indeed make sense. Do I want it to happen? Absolutely not, but it happening would make a lot of sense.

• Brohoof 3

I don't think it will, or should, ever happen

Part of me wants it though

• Brohoof 2

I would LOVE to see this ship become canon!! I am a HUGE SoarinDash shipper, so yeah of course seeing my favorite ship become a thing would be one of my dreams come true! :D Plus I already knew about a lot of that evidence you gave us, so I'm hoping maybe someday MLP will give us a SoarinDash episode, or at least an episode hinting at the two liking each other. Yeah of course all the FlutterDash, AppleDash, TwiDash, PinkieDash, RariDash, etc shippers will be upset, but in all honesty, I'm 100 % certain the show will not canonize a lesbion/gay ship. Well, I can maybe see them canonizing a lesbion/gay ship with background ponies. (For an example, I can almost see the show shipping LyraBon) But anyway, SoarinDash seems more likely to become canon than many other fan shippings involving Rainbow Dash.

• Brohoof 1

Hello, @@AlicornSpell

Because this thread is discussing possible aspects regarding My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and less so general topics, I have gone ahead and moved it to Show Discussion.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:47 PM, gamecubeguy214 said:

I certainly hope not. I don't think the show should bring anymore ponies together, as that would make FlutterDash, TwiDash, SpitDash, SelfDash, and those who ship other things quite mad. Yes, it would make SoarinDash shippers extremely happy, but other shippers would be mad about it and the SoarinDash shippers already seem pretty satisfied with their fan content. This would be quite a problem and it shouldn't happen. Why make SoarinDash shippers super incredibly happy while the other shippers are angry about it when everyone can remain happy with their fanmade content knowing that SoarinDash isn't canon?

Do I think it will happen? If it did happen, I wouldn't be too surprised. If that YouTube comment is not a lie, then there's not a bad chance. There has been quite a bit of evidence that she does like Soarin, and an episode that contains her confession would indeed make sense. Do I want it to happen? Absolutely not, but it happening would make a lot of sense.

A LOT of people lie in YouTube Comments, so don't randomly trust them. There has been zero evidence other than that YouTube comment about an episode idea involving Rainbow Dash confessing that she has a crush on Soarin existing.

Also to be honest with you, there has been zero evidence of Rainbow Dash having a crush on Soarin and zero evidence of Soarin having a crush on Rainbow Dash.

I personally don't like the SoarinDash ship, and here's two reasons why:

Number one reason: Soarin is an uninteresting one dimensional badly fleshed out character, while Rainbow Dash is an interesting three dimensional well fleshed character. I hate romantic relationships with characters when one is an interesting three dimensional well fleshed out character while the other is not.

Number two reason: Rainbow Dash is one of those types of characters that doesn't need and shouldn't have a love interest to be in a relationship with. Sometimes having a character have a love interest and be in a relationship with them can ruin their character, and I feel like that would definitely happen to Rainbow Dash if she had a love interest that she was in a relationship with. I also feel the same way towards the other main characters about them not being in a relationship with a love interest, since it could also ruin their character. So I'm not much into shipping with it comes to MLP. 

• Brohoof 1

50 minutes ago, Conred said:

I expect either FlutterCord or Starlight/Sunburst ship to become canon first.

Starburst is more likely relationship then Fluttercord

• Brohoof 1

I'd.....be on the fence about it. On one hoof, i'm a SoarinDash shipper. On the other hoof though, Hard To Say Anything was a thing that happened, and we all remember how horrendous that episode was.

• Brohoof 1

Why do people even want this ship to happen still? Doesn't anyone remember Newbie Dash? That episode was almost universally panned for a reason. Soarin laughed at Rainbow and called her 'Crash' for falling into a trash can like the rest of the Wonderbolts. That hurt. I don't know about you, but I would not want to pursue a relationship with somebody that could make fun of me like that and not give a damn how I felt. And even if you want to buy into the whole initiation thing, there's nothing special about Soarin that would make me believe he's good enough for her.

The fact he has any fans at all baffles the hell out of me. He just's irritating to the core. His design looks like crap. His voice is grating to the ears. Rainbow Falls makes him look like a total pushover. And his only purpose in the show is to take up space. He has no outstanding qualities whatsoever. If I wanted to ship Rainbow Dash with a stallion, I'd give her a REAL one, like Spearhead or Bulk Biceps.

• Brohoof 2

I don't think the show will put one of the main six into a romantic relationship. It doesn't seem like something the show is interested in, generally speaking. Honestly, at this point, I don't think it would disrupt the "friendship" focus, and I think the show has earned the ability to have a romantic subplot without it automatically being cliche, but I would prefer if it weren't SoarinDash, and I get this feeling that the show writers try to avoid committing the main characters to a romantic relationship. It'd probably require the stallion in question to become a main character anyway, and don't we have enough? 

• Brohoof 1

Had RD not progressed as far as she has with the Wonderbolts, I would've been open to the idea of Soarin being a bit of a mentor to her, perhaps... but at this point, even that is unlikely. Also, as another person has said, I haven't seen many scenes that hint at either liking the other more than an acquaintance or perhaps a friend. And on top of this, Soarin isn't a very detailed character at this point... although that hasn't stopped other characters from becoming romantically interested in characters that haven't been fleshed out (Big Max x Sugarbelle, Matilda x Cranky). The love interests were pretty much entirely new to us when introduced to the show.

• Brohoof 1

I think it will feel forced if they do ever develop any feelings for each other to the audience and Rainbow doesn't seem to be interested in seeking a relationship with anypony anyway. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully not, I wouldn't want to see a romantic pair in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. No ship should be canon. It is just that we don't need any new main characters and I don't think that a romantic partner would help the show's quality.  What do you think?

On 23.07.2017 at 7:47 AM, gamecubeguy214 said:

Do you think they cared about making BigMac shippers mad when they canonised SugarMac? Do you think they care about making Dislestia shippers mad when they constantly ship tease Fluttercord? I don't think "making shippers" feel bad is a good excuse to not let that happen.

If anything SoarinDash won't happen because they hardly interact and:

1. Soarin is closer to Spitfire after years of being her wingpony.

2. Dash hardly care about him. She had more interactions with Quibble Pants and Zephyr Breeze. Other two potential love interests in the future.

• Brohoof 2