Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think SoarinDash will ever become canon?

AlicornSpell

On 7/27/2017 at 7:49 AM, Hierok said:

Starburst is more likely relationship then Fluttercord

They're both semi-canon, although we see FlutterCord a lot more, so I think it's the other way around. :P

• Brohoof 2

I really really do not want any of the mane 6 to have a romantic relationship in the show. Why? because then it would ruin other ships, which will make a lot of people angry. It would ruin the show too. Lauren Faust stated that she wanted to make this show defy gender stereotypes about girls because most other shows targeted for young girls (MLP:FiM originally was) enforces those gender stereotypes. It is one stereotype that girls love romance, go crazy over hot boys; but that is completely false. Rarity is the only one whom that stereotype is true for, but it's only ever a one episode thing, and it's part of her character. If one of the mane 6's love interests were to be a girl however, that would anger homophobic parents and they would complain or even ban their kids from watching the show. If Rainbow Dash or maybe Applejack specifically had a crush on a girl, that would enforce the stereotype that tomboys are lesbians or bisexual which a lot of the time is false. Even if Rarity were to have a crush on a girl(which I would love to see happen because it defies the previous stereotype), still, homophobic parents will be angry. I guess if RD were to crush on Soarin that would still defy the stereotype that tomboys are lesbians, but RD doesn't need to be in a romantic relationship! It's not part of her character at all to want one. I really don't mind SoarinDash because I used to ship them but now I only kind of do. I just think that they are just really good friends which comes to another stereotype: If a boy and a girl are really good friends, it will inevitably turn romantic. False! So false! So yeah, really the best thing to do is to just leave the sexualities are the mane 6 undefined and leave them independent. Nobody get mad and shippers(like me) can be at peace.

• Brohoof 2

Except for Princess Cadance and Shining Armor and the new ship Big Mac and Sugar Belle, which are official shippings, I do not think the creators will be enabling more love and dating. Especially for mane 6. Don't worry though, there is enough fandom to create your shipping almost official. Search Soarin x Rainbow Dash arts. ^^ <3

12 minutes ago, Ginger Ale said:

Except for Princess Cadance and Shining Armor and the new ship Big Mac and Sugar Belle, which are official shippings, I do not think the creators will be enabling more love and dating. Especially for mane 6. Don't worry though, there is enough fandom to create your shipping almost official. Search Soarin x Rainbow Dash arts. ^^ <3

Yeah, I was going to mention the other official couples too but my post was long enough. :please: 

• Brohoof 2

Nah, I mean, I don't hate the ship, but I think just like with RD's pet, the character should be introduced to and form a ship with someone like her turtle. A pet that is nothing like she is, but compliments her personality and lifestyle. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm throwing out a big NO on this pairing!  I know many fans have shipped and used and made oc's off of them.  Just with how Dash's personality is and Sorin is kinda well, simple in how he has been written and used in and out of the show.  Now I can see them being friends,  just nothing more than that.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Silver Note said:

They're both semi-canon, although we see FlutterCord a lot more, so I think it's the other way around. :P

Alright, but I'll not enjoy seeing Discord in a relation. :umad:I think it are mostly personnal issues. :lie:

• Brohoof 1

On 8/16/2017 at 4:00 PM, Conred said:

Do you think they cared about making BigMac shippers mad when they canonised SugarMac? Do you think they care about making Dislestia shippers mad when they constantly ship tease Fluttercord? I don't think "making shippers" feel bad is a good excuse to not let that happen.

If anything SoarinDash won't happen because they hardly interact and:

1. Soarin is closer to Spitfire after years of being her wingpony.

2. Dash hardly care about him. She had more interactions with Quibble Pants and Zephyr Breeze. Other two potential love interests in the future.

I didn't say that's a valid reason for it not to happen, I said that's why I don't want it to happen.

On August 16, 2017 at 11:32 PM, Star Petal said:

Nah, I mean, I don't hate the ship, but I think just like with RD's pet, the character should be introduced to and form a ship with someone like her turtle. A pet that is nothing like she is, but compliments her personality and lifestyle. 

Well said.  Shipped characters need to have something in common to bring them together, but they need to be different enough to tell interesting stories.

Soarin also needs to be a significantly more fleshed out character or we'll have another Flash Sentry moment.

• 1 month later...

I really hope it doesn't become canon. It shouldn't become canon at all. They don't seem like a good couple at all. Every time i see a picture of this ship, i want to actually put a bullet in my head.

• 10 months later...

Ponies are ffec

30 minutes ago, Rainbowkinz dash said:

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want it on Canon, and just look at this scene from S8 Grannies Gone Wild. I screamed so loud when I saw this I broke the coffee mug.

Ponies are affectionate by nature there's a lot more nuzzling, hugging, sleeping together than most humans would feel comfortable with even with their best friends much less the total strangers we often see going muzzle to muzzle. I could with a little effort probably find shots from various episodes to support any couple you like such as my personal preferences Twilight/Rainbow and Applejack/Rarity (Especially if I include their equestria girls counterparts). I really can't see Soarin and Dash together honestly she has more in common with Quibble as a partner my personal preferences aside. That said I don't think any of the mane 6 should have a partner as it'd muck up a lot of fan's preferred shipping for no real gain.

20 hours ago, Rainbowkinz dash said:

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want it on Canon, and just look at this scene from S8 Grannies Gone Wild. I screamed so loud when I saw this I broke the coffee mug.

20180808_040849_rmedited.jpg

20180808_052003_rmedited.jpg

20180808_040448_rmscr.jpg

That don't count, the hug on the shoulder is friendship between friends. 

17 hours ago, This Whomps said:

I mean, they had one of the best comics together so why not....

19 hours ago, R.D.Dash said:

Well, maybe those two are a couple. Would we ever see them married? Probably no.

no, Soarin x Rainbow dash is the pairing made by us (fans) never becomes canon. Rainbow dash is not interested in having a couple. Soarin, Spitfire are friends with her, not a lover. matching her with someone made by us don't count. Zerphy breeze is the character who's interested in her. 

Edited by Van123

Dash seem to have a crush on some guy in Equestria Girls novel books. The show and EQG itself don't show her being interested in anyone. Just Zephyr Breeze being interested in her.

11 hours ago, Van123 said:

That don't count, the hug on the shoulder is friendship between friends. 

no, Soarin x Rainbow dash is the pairing made by us (fans) never becomes canon. Rainbow dash is not interested in having a couple. Soarin, Spitfire are friends with her, not a lover. matching her with someone made by us don't count. Zerphy breeze is the character who's interested in her. 

Holy shit dude just fuck off already. You keep regurgitating the same garbage over and over on the same topic and always hound people over harmless speculation 

4 hours ago, Starlightglimmerfan19 said:

Agreed Rainbow dash and Soarin will become a couple some day and will be canon also.

dude, soarin is not her type, they're just playing it as one. The pairing made by fans are not part of a loving relationship and never becomes canon because is fake, It's as you pairing the princess belle with another prince or lady with pluto or shadamy don't count. Can ruin things to the program and the company would lose the money. MLP: fim is a friendship story about ponies for children. it's about making friends with each other. 

Edited by Van123

(edited)
4 hours ago, This Whomps said:

Holy shit dude just fuck off already. You keep regurgitating the same garbage over and over on the same topic and always hound people over harmless speculation 

Even though I like SoarinDash, that was very uncalled for what you just said. He's just stating his opinion on here, that's all. I hate to say it, but it's shippers like you who get so defensive easily is what makes shippers look bad. 

Edited by AlicornSpell

Yeah, no i’m sticking to what I said, literally 95% of his posts is that exact same manufactured shit and just hounds everyone for it, every single time the subject is brought up. This has nothing to do with shipping, if he doesn’t like it that’s fine but at this point he’s just being a prick

On 8/10/2018 at 12:02 AM, Van123 said:

dude, soarin is not her type, they're just playing it as one. The pairing made by fans are not part of a loving relationship and never becomes canon because is fake, It's as you pairing the princess belle with another prince or lady with pluto or shadamy don't count. Can ruin things to the program and the company would lose the money. MLP: fim is a friendship story about ponies for children. it's about making friends with each other. 

And let me guess. Discord is also no the type for Fluttershy because you don't like their romance