Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your opinion about MLP forums?

Ginger Ale

When I first joined this forum website I just wanted to say hello to people in welcoming plaza. Unexpectedly lots of people greeted and welcomed me and they all really sent very sweet messages so I felt like a big herd family is incoming to my life. That is why I am so glad that people/ponies here treat others very kindly and respectfully. Finally, I found a place where I belong. 

Thank you for reading. :):please:

• Brohoof 8

At first I didn't post much, but people kept serious about my posts, even the dumb ones. So I think this is a nice forum where people respect each other. :grin:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

For the most part, you won't have any issues with MLP Forums. Even for a Non-Brony (originally an Anti-Brony) I'm treated pretty nicely despite being infamously controversial by nature. You may come across some users that good thing the 'Ignore User' option is here. I am hesitant to use it, but so far I'm only ignoring 1 user who has some serious issues. I would like to remain silent when mentioning the user in question.

Edited by ZethaPonderer
The issue with that ignored user is resolved. So I better update this.
  • Brohoof 3

These forums are cool. I'm not as active as I used to be some months ago but it's always neat to come back and have a nice chat and reply to threads. I like that these forums are active and judging by my experience they have a generally pleasant atmosphere as well.

Because I'm in a silly mood

1013681.png.da9ed53d3a7bd369225516ba1b3e3c1d.png

I love the community, the forum staff, and most non-forum Poniverse staff. It's a decent place for users to post about the show and talk to other fans. I've gone through heaven and hell while here (on the forum and in real life), and met friends ... like serious friends. 

I'm in it for the long haul. 

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

The forum itself is a great place, and I've chatted and roleplayed with some lovely people. However, with regard to a rather unpleasant experience involving forum staff whom I shall not name, mistakes were made. That is all.

Edited by Wardaddy

(edited)

A lovely community where most everyone respects one any another in atleast one way or the other. :catface:

Once, I saw MLPF as this great, intimidating site with important members that wouldn't welcome newcomers so easily. Then, I actually made an account and started posting. Immediately, I started gaining friends, getting help on subjects I didn't know much about, and insightful discussions about things ranging from the show, canon, and fanon to how one's day was or the meaning of the universe(Which, of course, is FortyTwo). The site started becoming part of my daily routine, to come here and chat with the people I've gotten to know, answer people's questions about anything, be silly in the forum games, create beloved characters and participate in role plays or give my insight on different subjects. :) 

As time went by, friends started to leave and more were coming in. Eventually, I started to feel burnt out of the site as well. Hours of my day spent here lessened, and eventually I just came on-and-off every so often, be it a week or year in between.

*Cough*, didn't mean to give my life story of this site, but I felt it might help convey my image a tad. Anywho, I'd say that MLPF is a fantastic community with wonderful members. Even after so many years, where old members are traded for new, I can still say that people here respect one another, and hopefully still enjoy each others company. In short, I love this place, and it will always hold a place in my heart. :pinkie:

... I wonder if you've successfully counted to a million yet? :catface:

Edited by Lord Bradley
  • Brohoof 4

I like to think of some forums creative, brilliant, smart... Things like that! But sometimes there are some that make me scream my 'yay' and knock over a chair! Sometimes forums can include really strange ideas, but those strange ideas can be awesome too!

(Here's the plot twist: That's what I would say if I hadn't joined yesterday.)

:twi:.....

:adorkable:.....

:okiedokieloki:.....

I really like these forums.

I find them to be a great place to throw out some of my random thoughts on whatever and talk about the show with other people.

I haven't really had any major problems in the almost 5 years that I have been on here.

• Brohoof 3

Although I've only been here for a couple of weeks, I can already say it's a wonderful place. :pinkie: Based on my experiences, the community is great. The members are very nice, actively participating in the various discussions and tolerant of different views. I also love the fact that there are not only MLP-related discussions but also non-pony threads, and those are also active. Most other forums I've been to are only good for the main topic, which can be a bit tiring. So in brief, this has quickly become my favorite forum of all!

• Brohoof 4

• 1 month later...

I do love the cast of characters in this place. Forum staff is delightful. my time away was finw but seeing your "faces" again made me so happy to return. There are a lot of good people here that far outweigh the bad.

• Brohoof 7

10 minutes ago, PiratePony said:

There are a lot of good people here that far outweigh the bad.

Rude!

I'll have you know that I have not put on one pound of extra weight in the last five years! 

giphy.gif

• Brohoof 5

2 hours ago, meme said:

Absolute garbage. I never should've come here. I'm deleting my account.

...is what I would say if I were a liar.

1c2.png

And this is still something that after all these years still exists on here ... a sense of camaraderie. 

• Brohoof 3

What is my opinion about this place? 

Pretty good I must say. I love the discussions that can be had here, all the different people you can meet and I love the spirit that reigns here at the forums. I also highly favor staff here that do a good job at keeping things nice and clear. 

Though, there are some silly knuckleheads here <3

• Brohoof 2

It's stupid. I hate it. You all suck.

It's a nice enough place. Active, yet still not big enough to where you'll NEVER be known for anything (unless you're like, an original member). You can get easily well known on this site, and that's a nice thing.

• Brohoof 1

59 minutes ago, JonasDarkmane said:

Though, there are some silly knuckleheads here <3

Shhh. Kevin might hear you!* The last time that happened there was a shipping war, helmets with horns, treasure maps, and a chocolate bunny. We don't want a repeat of that! Except the chocolate. I'll gladly eat the bunny. 

Spoiler

This joke is protected under the bad humor laws of the Equestria and other fictional nations throughout the multiverse. Place of first publication: Jeric's shed (stay out of his shed). Any unauthorized exhibition, distribution, or copying of this joke or any part thereof (including soundtrack) may result in finger wagging and banana based moon banishment. The joke, all names (even Kevin), characters, and incidents portrayed in this joke are fictitious (kinda). No identification with actual persons (pony, Brony or Furry), places, buildings, and Italian ice flavors is intended or should be inferred.

Nopony or robot associated with this joke received payment or anything of value (except a smile which has a value of 300 bits at Sugar Cube Corner), or entered into any agreement, in connection with the depiction of pancake products.

No animals were harmed in the making of this joke. (But Kevin may have been)

Copyright © (2017) (Church of Rarity). All fabulous rights reserved

• Brohoof 3

Well I've been on here pretty much every day since 2013. I think this site is tied w/ YouTube for most visited for me. And compared to other forums I've been too, this forum is very modern, very well planned out, very aesthetically pleasing and very ergonomic. In an age where the forum as an internet medium is dying out, this site has risen to the top of the mountain. I prefer forums to other social media sites. It's a more comfortable place to connect. There's an air of conduct and respect here. that the people here came to be here through a conscious effort and have become invested as a result. 

All because we're all a bunch of hippophiles. 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Most people here if not all are welcoming and friendly :P . This forum is like my virtual home, though I guess it doesn't always feel that way... More like a virtual hotel maybe... something :wacko: 

Edited by Wacko Wolf
  • Brohoof 2

I joined on 4th February 2014, almost a year after watching the colorful little equines. I was new and shy, but was greeted warmly and once I came to CTAM, I became pretty well known, especially for my - probably still unbeaten - ammount of posts there. That was Then the probably darkest part of my time here came, when I was, in my eyes still unfairly, permabanned from said thread in the end of november 2015. Aside from that tough, my time here was and is great, I made many friends, my best friend included and posted here and there. From all the forums I where, MLP or not, this is by far the best and usually the first I log in, when going online. So yeah, like 98% of my almost 4 years where positive here:wub::love: yay:yay:

3 hours ago, Deae Rising Shine~ said:

I joined on 4th February 2014, almost a year after watching the colorful little equines. I was new and shy, but was greeted warmly and once I came to CTAM, I became pretty well known, especially for my - probably still unbeaten - ammount of posts there. That was Then the probably darkest part of my time here came, when I was, in my eyes still unfairly, permabanned from said thread in the end of november 2015. Aside from that tough, my time here was and is great, I made many friends, my best friend included and posted here and there. From all the forums I where, MLP or not, this is by far the best and usually the first I log in, when going online. So yeah, like 98% of my almost 4 years where positive here:wub::love: yay:yay:

May I ask what CTAM is (or was)? I'm curious.