Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Theories on Bright Mac and Pear Butter

FemaleIntrovert1995

WARNING SPOILERS 

After watching the "The Perfect Pear", I knew the writers weren't going to directly tell us about the apple parents absence. 

There were some clues hidden in the show.   The shooting stars at the end of the Apple family reunion. When other ponies talked about them, it was in past tense. Ponies cried while remembering them. Grand Pear didn't even bother to comeback. Yes, he was angry, but he was gone for years. Maybe there was nothing to comeback too. Granny Smith didn't talk about them either. Since she hid her feelings about them for so long, I wonder what else she's hiding... :huh:

That apple-pear tree represents their(Bright Mac and Pear Butter's) love. But too me, it represents their gravestone. Sorry if that was too dark! Apple Bloom stated, "they left us something to remember them by.". Some people use this phrase when they don't want to be forgotten, and it's usually something special. For example, a golden watch, a medal, or a photo. Where their parents going away somewhere? Why haven't they returned? I have a theory for that.

The Apple family does make deliveries all around Equestira. And the deliveries are usually safe and easy, or dangerous and complicated. Especially when traveling through a fire swamp, fighting a chimera. Applejack knows that she needed to take extra precautions gen entering that fire swamp. But, why? Who told her too? How does she know? Maybe, just maybe Bright Mac and Pear Butter, went through that forest, and didn't make it out. Now, this is highly unlikely. After seeing Big Mac pull buildings and crash through racing courses without a scratch on him, I'd say Bright Mac could take on a chimera. 

However, what if Pear Butter and Bright Mac where on a dangerous delivery to a place unknown to them. Rickety rounds, very high mountains, very cold weather. Even very hot weather. They could get lost or worst. But, I'm not saying they're just dead, they could be missing too. Maybe the carts were found, but their bodies were nowhere to be found. What do you guys think?

• Brohoof 4

Interesting. I would prefer them to be death, but if they aren't, this is a great way. Only one question. They have been missing for more then 10 years. Why did this take so long. They wouldn't be the kind of parents who just didn't came back for their family. :ooh:

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Interesting. I would prefer them to be death, but if they aren't, this is a great way. Only one question. They have been missing for more then 10 years. Why did this take so long. They wouldn't be the kind of parents who just didn't came back for their family. :ooh:

Not only that, if they were missing I bet their family and best friends (Burnt Oak and Mrs. Cake) would be doing everything to find them. Then you have AJ and Applebloom, who are now acquainted to Princess Luna and she could just search the dream realm and reach them, I know she would be happy to help them.

Them being alive is not a bad theory, but there's so many subtle things that put the 'dead parents' theory way ahead of it.

• Brohoof 3

5 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Pear Butter and Bright Mac kicking the bucket does make more sense. They value their family and the farm above most things. The delivery death might seem dark. But it's realistic enough to be considered "canon" to the show.

I highly doubt Hasbro will show us in an episode. But if they can show a cyclops skeleton, ponies going to war, and a devastating apocalypse timeline, then why not death on screen?

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Crystal Peppermint said:

I hope they are still alive. The dream bubble from the episode royal problems could be a dream from one of their parents. Stuck somewhere and still missing their children.

I know what you mean. I fell in love with that couple. Bright Mac and Pear Butter are so sweet and brave. 

• Brohoof 1

54 minutes ago, FemaleIntrovert1995 said:

I know what you mean. I fell in love with that couple. Bright Mac and Pear Butter are so sweet and brave. 

I know.

All i want is a happy ending for everyone. I just can't bear to imagine that the apple siblings lost their parents in young age and that the story of this lovely couple just ended like this.

• Brohoof 1

I personally believe that they were on their way to Vanhoover to set things straight with Grand Pear, however they didn't make it. They were kidnapped by Changelings along the way. This is based off a fanfic I read on FimFic lol. 

• Brohoof 1

On 7/23/2017 at 11:19 AM, FemaleIntrovert1995 said:

Pear Butter and Bright Mac kicking the bucket does make more sense. They value their family and the farm above most things. The delivery death might seem dark. But it's realistic enough to be considered "canon" to the show.

I highly doubt Hasbro will show us in an episode. But if they can show a cyclops skeleton, ponies going to war, and a devastating apocalypse timeline, then why not death on screen?

They did show a funeral during the "perfect stallion " song...

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, ZePony said:

I personally believe that they were on their way to Vanhoover to set things straight with Grand Pear, however they didn't make it. They were kidnapped by Changelings along the way. This is based off a fanfic I read on FimFic lol. 

Do you remember the name of the fanfic?

If the "kidnapping by Changelings" therory happened years ago, I wondered if a young, shy, and timid Changeling Will Guide might have met them! Hmmm... there's an idea!

11 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Do you remember the name of the fanfic?

If the "kidnapping by Changelings" therory happened years ago, I wondered if a young, shy, and timid Changeling Will Guide might have met them! Hmmm... there's an idea!

Sure do. It's a fanfic on FimFiction. It's called A Quest For Love: An Apple-Pear Family Story. You should read it. Tugs at the heartstrings really well. It also seems to tie in perfectly with the MLP series as it expands on "The Perfect Pear" episode. I think the story is still incomplete though. 

7 minutes ago, ZePony said:

Sure do. It's a fanfic on FimFiction. It's called A Quest For Love: An Apple-Pear Family Story. You should read it. Tugs at the heartstrings really well. It also seems to tie in perfectly with the MLP series as it expands on "The Perfect Pear" episode. I think the story is still incomplete though. 

Saved to the Read Later shelf!

• Brohoof 1