Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scootaloo has so much potential on her scooter

ManaMinori

(edited)

Over the years, many fans have expressed a desire to see Scoots fly. I, personally, haven't been one of them. The moral that Applejack recently had to learn in the "Made in Manehattan" was to stop focusing on all that she can't do, and work at what she can, even if in the end, what comes out of her hard work is a smaller scale reward. I think that that's also something the brony community should try to remember, when is comes to Scootaloo and her ability, or lack thereof, to fly.

I would like it if Scootaloo remembers RD's pep talk, in "Flight to the Finish", and if another pep talk, about how RD's idols (the Wonderbolts, Wind Rider, Daring Do) weren't all that she had envisioned them to be, once she met them. And to be frank, I  can't really picture myself being thrilled at seeing ANOTHER skilled flying pegasi, when we already have Rainbow Dash, The Wonderbolts, Lightning Dust, Wind Rider.... I don't think Scootaloo needs to be on that roster. Or even be allowed to fly, to eventually be 'as good as Rainbow Dash'.

What I;d really like to see is if RD showed Scoots that she doesn't have to be able to fly, like she can, to be able to soar. Maybe encourage Scoots to enter a "PegaX games" prefecture competition, and try to get to nationals doing stuff on her scooter, like a little Tony Hawk, and help her train for it. That could be a thing. I mean, we've seen her jump ramps and stuff, on a small scale, when she rides through Ponyville. We've never really had a full episode showcasing her scooter abilities, and using them to her advantage, instead of her focus on flying. Having Scootaloo invest more time to advancing to the big leagues on her scooter could, I think, kinda play out like the anime "Air Gear", which involves parkour motorized rollerblading, which is pretty cool, and something I would be a LOT more interested in seeing Scoots to, but on her scooter. Parkour scootering sounds WAY more awesome than cheering for the flightless filly to fly- and then what...?

Scootaloo_jumps_while_the_scooter_scoots_on_a_circular_track_S6E4.png

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

"Anyone who has ever owned a scooter knows there's no way Scootaloo could go off-roading with those tiny wheels. You're liable to flip over the handle bars if you hit a ladybug." -LittleshyFiM

But if we are ignoring real world physics I would love for her wings to be specifically designed to give her the ability to do those awesome tricks. Like they should show a pegasus with the ability to fly has too strong of wing power to be stable on a scooter. It would be beautiful for Scootaloo to feel special with that unique scooter ability not no other pegasi have because of their "normal" wings.

Perhaps Scoot's issue is that she has plenty of thrust from her wings (after all, she can drag a cart behind her with two other fillies in it) but not much in the way of lift?

2 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

To be honest, as cruel as it sounds, I find Scootaloo to be much more interesting if she is disabled and unable to fly.

Its hardly cruel. Just look at Derpy. She once used to be a great flyer, even better than Rainbow Dash, as a filly (Parental Glideance), but her eyes started getting screwy, and even with surgery in her teenage years (Where the Apple Lies), they still weren't fixed. 

So Scootaloo isn't nearly as tragic being a flightless pegasi

On 7/24/2017 at 7:39 AM, Foxy Socks said:

I think I would be fine either way. Honestly I don't think she ever will fly as the show isn't taking it in that direction. 

where do you think they're taking it? Because it doesn't seem she's advancing much, on her scooter, recently, either.

3 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

where do you think they're taking it? Because it doesn't seem she's advancing much, on her scooter, recently, either.

What do you mean? She uses it all the time. It's simply something she is talented at. They are still developing as a character too. There don't seem to be many Scootaloo episodes though, so I see your point.

15 hours ago, Foxy Socks said:

What do you mean? She uses it all the time. It's simply something she is talented at. They are still developing as a character too. There don't seem to be many Scootaloo episodes though, so I see your point.

I know she uses it all the time, but she really hasn't pushed herself to do more daring things with it- like leaping off of buildings instead of small scale ramps in Ponyville- just like RD hasn't pushed herself to do more than sonic rainbooms. There needs to be more that Scootaloo does ON her scooter.

15 hours ago, Lambdadelta said:

In Bloom and Gloom, Scootaloo dreamed to be a daredevil with her scooter, i hope she will go with that dream. 

I sure hope so, as that would go to tie in nicely with what I expressed in the op

42 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

I know she uses it all the time, but she really hasn't pushed herself to do more daring things with it- like leaping off of buildings instead of small scale ramps in Ponyville- just like RD hasn't pushed herself to do more than sonic rainbooms. There needs to be more that Scootaloo does ON her scooter.

I sure hope so, as that would go to tie in nicely with what I expressed in the op

There was Parental Glideance where she ramped up all the way to Cloudsdale, but that could be a one-shot thing for her. Would be interesting to see more large scale stunts like that.

45 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

There was Parental Glideance where she ramped up all the way to Cloudsdale, but that could be a one-shot thing for her. Would be interesting to see more large scale stunts like that.

One shot or slingshot? :D

• Brohoof 2