Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is MLP the best cartoon of the 2010s?

CastletonSnob

As much as I love MLP I really don't think so. It'd probably be top-10 material, but I would say that shows like Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, and Star vs The Forces of Evil would have the upper hand.

Its quite close really, personally its one of my top cartoons of the last 10 years, but a lot will argue there have been better, but I would expect MLP to be in 90% of peoples' top 10 list. 

The others would include, Steven Universe, Adventure Time (not a fan), Gravity Falls, Star vs the Forces of Evil, Regular Show, Legend of Korra, The amazing Spiderman just to name a few of the big ones. 

• Brohoof 1

Same! It's definitely on my top 10 list, but it's not THE best show.

I enjoy shows like Rick and Morty, BoJack Horseman, Tangled the Series, Gravity Falls and The Amazing World of Gumball more than MLP. :D

Not a fan of cartoons, so for me, yes. Since MLP is the only 2010s cartoon I watch.

• 4 years later...

Even if MLP is currently my favorite cartoon: no, not even close. There are some shows whose episodes have better scripts (like Gravity Falls). My Little Pony started to decline since 5th or 6th season; not everything was perfect during its airtime.

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah it definitely is. Mostly because I was never interested in other shows. Transformers Prime and RID 2015 are good seconds and thirds. I've heard a lot about Steven Universe though, it's garbage.

Edited by Starforce
  • Brohoof 1

I was too old to watch cartoons in 2010, so to me, FIM was the best of the decade. It did lack in background art though, compared to Steven Universe, but the character art was so strongly perfect that it didn't matter. And the animation had almost no limits.

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-02-14 at 10:32 AM, lyrabetes3939 said:

I don't watch any other modern cartoons, so for me I'd have to say it is. The first 7 seasons of it, anyway.

I have other cartoons I enjoyed a bit more than FiM when it was all said and done so I agree with the underlined portion of Lyra's opinion. 

There were some good episodes in seasons 8 but I was looking forward more to the Equestria Girls Youtube shorts by that point. 

Overall, I enjoy Unikitty! more than MLP:FiM but I do still love Friendship is Magic. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

No way. The first 5 seasons of MLP imo were gold but afterwards became a mixed bag. Even tho I love season 6 and 7. And you know it's definitely a show that only appeals to a certain group of people. 

Steven Universe, She-ra and the Princesses of Power, Over the Garden Wall were easily superior shows. 

Also Legend of Korra, Star vs the Forces of Evil, and Gravity Falls. There are probably more shows I haven't seen that are much better on a composition level than MLP but FIM is still great regardless