Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What could they do with those magical wisps?

Toon4Thought

(edited)

The very end of "Legend of Everfree" displayed several wisps of magic leaking out of the portal, with one of them becoming the main catalyst for "Mirror Magic", giving us a good idea on the role they will likely play on EqG from here on out. However, with it being such a big mystery what we can even expect from now on (right down to the format), I have to ask: what do you think the crew are going to do with the others?

Because I would honestly be on board with more 22-minute specials or a series that every so often has a character who feels down and wishes to accomplish something fall victim to it, much like what Juniper Montage went through. They wouldn't necessarily have to take the demon route like with Juniper, but it would at least be taken to an extreme which culminates in a moral.

It sounds like a pretty solid format if you ask me. Imagine what they could do with characters like Flash Sentry (conflicting emotions toward his love interests), Trixie (the recent magical incidents making her not feel special), or even Sunset Shimmer herself (she starts to miss the magical wonders of Equestria).

Edited by Toon4Thought
  • Brohoof 2

Miraculous Ladybug tried that, it got REALLY repetitive after just one season. It is already repetitive in EqG, so I would rather they move away from that plotline for a good long while.

For a force that Sunset Shimmer doesn't understand it is surprising how predictable it works.

Given that the wisps are Equestrian Magic running wild, there is no telling what they will end up doing until its too late. I do suspect that the magic takes advantage of people's deepest desires and manifests itself as a means of allowing them to fulfill their desires with the victim being corrupted in the process.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Given that the wisps are Equestrian Magic running wild, there is no telling what they will end up doing until its too late. I do suspect that the magic takes advantage of people's deepest desires and manifests itself as a means of allowing them to fulfill their desires with the victim being corrupted in the process.

You just contradicted yourself by acknowledging that there is evidence of magic working in predictable ways.

You know what would mix things up? Have a reason for the girls to leave the magic flowing into their world you know like have threats from their world that they are illequipped to take care of without magic.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Slashy said:

You just contradicted yourself by acknowledging that there is evidence of magic working in predictable ways.

You know what would mix things up? Have a reason for the girls to leave the magic flowing into their world you know like have threats from their world that they are illequipped to take care of without magic.

She was more hypothesizing than anything - and even then, just because the motives can be similar in each case doesn't mean the results will be. Also, the girls don't seem to be aware of the magical leaks altogether, let alone have enough knowledge to draw the aforementioned conclusion themselves. It's a literary technique known as "dramatic irony".

Edited by Toon4Thought

Why haven't the girls shut the portal already? Know the magic is coming from Equestria, so if the portal is closed then no more magic. It is essentially pollution.

14 hours ago, Slashy said:

Why haven't the girls shut the portal already? Know the magic is coming from Equestria, so if the portal is closed then no more magic. It is essentially pollution.

The wisps are already in that world, so that just limits the storie possibility's. :orly:

16 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

I have a feeling that is the kinda direction the franchise would go in if we were ever to get an EQG TV series.

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

I have a feeling that is the kinda direction the franchise would go in if we were ever to get an EQG TV series.

A predictable yet safe route to take.

On 7/24/2017 at 7:10 PM, Slashy said:

What's the fun in that? What kind of story potential would that initiate if they did that besides a possible series finale? I guess now that the portal is gone, we have to see the girls day to day life. I'm so excited to hear about what happened when Rainbow Dash got an F on a math test :dry:

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Shimmering Sparkler said:

What's the fun in that? What kind of story potential would that initiate if they did that besides a possible series finale? I guess now that the portal is gone, we have to see the girls day to day life. I'm so excited to hear about what happened when Rainbow Dash got an F on a math test :dry:

Robots, space aliens, mutants, ghosts, time travelers they can all exist in their world.

Hell the EqG world could coexist in the Doctor Who world.

4 minutes ago, Slashy said:

Robots, space aliens, mutants, ghosts, time travelers they can all exist in their world.

Hell the EqG world could coexist in the Doctor Who world.

That sounds nice. For another series. See, that sounds absolutely nothing like what MLP is or what it should be. Equestria Girls has the regular formula down packed and it actually feels like it belongs in the MLP universe, which it does. Equestria Girls becoming a sci fi thing just doesn't work at all. MLP at it's core is a show about 6 (in this case 7) friends working together to build friendships and fix them with the occasional giant monster fight. The whole sci fi shebang doesn't fit that narrative and would feel like an entirely different franchise. Equestria Girls is fine where it is and hey: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Shimmering Sparkler said:

That sounds nice. For another series. See, that sounds absolutely nothing like what MLP is or what it should be. Equestria Girls has the regular formula down packed and it actually feels like it belongs in the MLP universe, which it does. Equestria Girls becoming a sci fi thing just doesn't work at all. MLP at it's core is a show about 6 (in this case 7) friends working together to build friendships and fix them with the occasional giant monster fight. The whole sci fi shebang doesn't fit that narrative and would feel like an entirely different franchise. Equestria Girls is fine where it is and hey: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Should Equrstria Girls be a superhero series?

If not why have them constantly fighting monsters?

5 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

If it worked for Miraculous Ladybug, than I could see it working well for EQG.

So long as it gives the characters more development and further expands their world--meaning not giving us Canterlot High every single time.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Ganondorf8 said:

So long as it gives the characters more development and further expands their world--meaning not giving us Canterlot High every single time.

I fully agree. Though if they keep varying locations as much as they did in the specials, they should be very much fine in that regard. And I think the recent specials as well as Legend of Everfree have also shown exactly how much more depth they can give the characters, which definitely bodes well IMO. Not to mention a series would provide many more opportunities to expand their personalities, since the films often ran into the trap of having to push them onto the side.

8 hours ago, Toon4Thought said:

I fully agree. Though if they keep varying locations as much as they did in the specials, they should be very much fine in that regard. And I think the recent specials as well as Legend of Everfree have also shown exactly how much more depth they can give the characters, which definitely bodes well IMO. Not to mention a series would provide many more opportunities to expand their personalities, since the films often ran into the trap of having to push them onto the side.

Maybe showcase more of Crystal Prep or maybe an area of Canterlot that's never been explored before. The potential is virtually limitless at this point since we've only had small doses of Equestria Girls over these past five years.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2017 at 7:10 PM, Slashy said:

They might not really know where the magic is coming from.  Strong suspicions maybe, but there have been no signs of it in Equestria so Twilight wouldn't know about it and so far there has only been a few incidents of it.  Also I suspect that Sunset would be really reluctant to have her only way home shut down.

• Brohoof 1