Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Rainbow have been given another technique for the move?

ManaMinori

(edited)

The sonic rainboom seems like the only trick in her bag, and has been done enough times to where its gotten predictable and played out. Her signature move has long since been played out, and I think that the movie would've been a perfect time to have her hone a new technique, such as pulling off a moonbow, which are super rare. Or perhaps a double rainboom, parry arc, fog bow, iridescent clouds, fire falls, sun dogs,an aurora, or any other atmospheric optical phenomena.

what do you guys think?

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 4

How about a Cosmic Sun-Flare? Rainbow reaches five percent lightspeed, and the resulting flash can be seen all over Equestria. This never before seen move will be named by Princess Celestia herself...Along with issuing an order that it never be attempted again without her Luna, or Princess Twilight's express permission. It's DANGEROUS!

In my headcanon, light travels slower in an intense magical field. Thank you, Sir Terry Pratchett!

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

its the first movie for the normies who've never seen MLP before, hasbro wouldn't want to bring out new stuff since for like 50% of the audience this will be the first time they'll ever see a sonic rainboom.

The sonic rainboom really hasn't been seen all that much anyway. Only 3 episodes have depicted it, not counting The Cutie Re-Mark (which revisits the first chronological appearance via time travel) and multiple random occurrences of an unnamed rainbow shockwave. There's nothing wrong with variety, but describing it as played out is far-fetched in my opinion.

Edited by Prospekt

6 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

its the first movie for the normies who've never seen MLP before, hasbro wouldn't want to bring out new stuff since for like 50% of the audience this will be the first time they'll ever see a sonic rainboom.

I think it will not make a difference. If they don't know the show, they will not know the sonic rainboom. So a sonic rainbow will be even new as a new move. ;)

55 minutes ago, ihhh said:

Rainbow dash has only done 3 sonic rainbooms. THREE. How the heck is that played out and predictable?

Sonic Rainboom

Cutie Mark Chronicles

A Canterlot Wedding part 2

The Cutie Re-Mark part 2

You did not answer my question, and the sonic rainboom in the cutie remark was the same sonic rainboom as in the cutie mark chronicles, so it doesn't count.