Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Song?

Angelic Song

Hello! I'm very new at this whole song writing thing and I'm trying to create a pop/romance song for my OC, who's a male solo artist. I don't know how to write good pop lyrics or the title. Got any ideas?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Try to think of a melodic line first, is my advice. It will shape hisself. Sometimes it is easy to use an existing song as help. ;)

Edited by Hierok

Pop lyrics are by far some of the hardest to write. This is due to repetitive themes and wording. If you word your lyrics right, you'll certainly captivate your audience. If not, it'll become cheesy. The worst thing that can happen is your lyrics tell directly instead of showing. However, to show, use more vivid speech and personify certain things. 

As a genre, pop is your everyday type of beat. Pop can be combined with many different genres. In your case, I'd narrow it down to a pop ballad, which is a sort of passionate and slow piece that really hones in on the personality, descriptions and stories about a person, place or thing. Melodies can always vary, but first, find a good and solid chord progression that can help you along. Also, follow the basic song lyric layout and you'll be able to construct a great song from there. I can help you with lyric writing and music composition. PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

• Brohoof 2

9 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Pop lyrics are by far some of the hardest to write. This is due to repetitive themes and wording. If you word your lyrics right, you'll certainly captivate your audience. If not, it'll become cheesy. The worst thing that can happen is your lyrics tell directly instead of showing. However, to show, use more vivid speech and personify certain things. 

As a genre, pop is your everyday type of beat. Pop can be combined with many different genres. In your case, I'd narrow it down to a pop ballad, which is a sort of passionate and slow piece that really hones in on the personality, descriptions and stories about a person, place or thing. Melodies can always vary, but first, find a good and solid chord progression that can help you along. Also, follow the basic song lyric layout and you'll be able to construct a great song from there. I can help you with lyric writing and music composition. PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

Yes, please! I'll PM you right now!