Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Starlight and Trixie fans, bad news...

FirePuppy

Considering their sheer absence3 in the trailer, only appearing in the background, I figured this would be the case. Totally happy with that too. With this being the first hugely theatrical movie for FiM, the mane 6 need their time to shine on the big screen.

• Brohoof 2

Not sure how we will all go forward from here, all we can do is band together though and try, as difficult a prospect as that will probably be. Dark days are a comin' here.

2 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

I am deeply shaken by this new development 

I've already rented a cliff to throw myself from. It is not as cheap as you would think.

• Brohoof 3

I sort of expected this. A lot of people don't like Starlight Glimmer. There were quite a few complaints when the show didn't get rid of her and send her off to Celestia knows where in the finale. It makes sense that they wouldn't put her in the movie.

That's fine by me. Of course the movie's going to focus on the mane 6. They're the mane characters after all. However, I wouldn't mind seeing a Trixie and Starlight  Glimmer short before the movie (even though I highly doubt that will happen). I'm mixed about both characters, but they're really great together. 

18 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

Kathleen Barr and Kelly Sheridan stated that fan favorites Trixie and Starlight Glimmer will appear as cameos only. D:>

Which means, they're only gonna appear in 3% or less of the WHOLE film.

File:Starlight crying S6E2.png

link of proof = http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4131800/trivia

And that's fine. I mean I'm just glad they get a cameo. Also wouldn't call Starlight a fan favorite.

At least they acknowledge their existence. But then, we have to consider that the movie was in development before S5, and the obviously they couldn't afford to make constant changes on it to accommodate either

I'm a teensy bit disappointed since they are major secondary characters. Obviously I didn't want them to play a major role, but I was hoping for a greater presence. Like maybe something closer to 10%. But that's just me. I really like Starlight and Trixie. :fluttershy:

Just remember:
There's hasn't been any other movie since "MLP: The Movie"
Whatever happens... however good or bad it may end up,

all of you who bought toys... made this possible.

• 2 months later...

Nooooooo, nooooooooo. I've waited for this movie so long, but it appears to have no Trixie at all. If only she had at least one line like in Equestria Girls, that would satisfy me. Actually it would satisfy me when I was just curious about Trixie, but now she's like the best pony for me. Screw that.

And about mane 6, I know they need their own big screen time. But... I'm pretty sure they would shine brighter if Trixie and Starlight would be with them. Heck, at least some reasonable role for a secondary role characters.. Even Derpy had a role! No offense to Derpy fans, I'm just so saaaad.

Would be nice if they made a movie about Trixie and Starlight as a sequel, with Discord and a changeling, which I don't remember, sorry.

861395__safe_artist-colon-weiliy_trixie_equestria+girls_broken_crying_cute_diatrixes_feels_hugs+needed_moe_monochrome_sad_wand_woobie_young.png

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
On 7/26/2017 at 12:33 AM, FirePuppy said:

Kathleen Barr and Kelly Sheridan stated that fan favorites Trixie and Starlight Glimmer will appear as cameos only. D:>

Which means, they're only gonna appear in 3% or less of the WHOLE film.

File:Starlight crying S6E2.png

link of proof = http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4131800/trivia

Did they even voice anything in the movie? I wonder if they were allowed to give out that information in the first place? :huh: