Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Getting caught

Sun Ray

1 hour ago, Sun Ray said:

This is absolutely hilarious.  I've never heard of the meme.  It's hard to see a dude watching something so innocent and seeing it worse than something else so terrible. And if any of you guys watch ... "un-innocent" mlp and ruined it for yourselves I will. Hunt. You. Down.

A very old meme. Read it one time or two before I've became a brony 

• Brohoof 1

My dad knows. *cries* I was playing mine craft and I was wearing my Rarity socks and he was like "aren't those your moms?" And I was like ":lie:" and he was like ":yay:"

• 2 weeks later...

Story number 1:

>Be me.

>Be at the cinema with older sister.

>Turning phone off as you do.

>Sister sees Fluttershy

>Sister: imnevertalkingtoyouagain.jpg

>She immediately starts talking to me about something completely unrelated.

Story number 2:

>Be my younger sister.

>Hear me singing the theme.

>Burst in through my bedroom door.

>dudewhat.gif

>Carry on with life.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
3 hours ago, FluffyGoat13 said:

Story number 1:

>Be me.

>Be at the cinema with older sister.

>Turning phone off as you do.

>Sister sees Fluttershy

>Sister: imnevertalkingtoyouagain.jpg

>She immediately starts talking to me about something completely unrelated.

Story number 2:

>Be my younger sister.

>Hear me singing the theme.

>Burst in through my bedroom door.

>dudewhat.gif

>Carry on with life.

YAYYY *claps frantically*. Thats hilarious.  Just wait until some dude asks you for your man card. I actually printed out some so I could have more Pinkie spirit and actually give who ever wants a man card from me.  Then I'll say in a Morgan Freeman voice "I'm the manlyest man livin boy" and then I'll start shuffling the rest of my deck of man cards.  Honestly I think bronys are the most manly of men and most of the rest are pervie flip flops. (Amazing insult right?).  And let me tell ya, (this may seem random) theatre people are the best people you'll meet. Yes, a lot of them are gay but who cares.  Omg, the boy craze theatre girls are the worst. Once they find out you aren't gay they are just ... :wub:

Then one of em goes through your phone and there like.  Oops this guys worse.  

Brony=gay

My best friend from theatre was the most supportive. He's a lot older (two years) than me but he's the BEST. (mu swim team is named "best") He taught me so much about random dude junk and he was the only person that wasn't like "this guys weird" when he found out.  Everypony got over it, but he was the most supportive. And yes,:squee: he is gay.

Edited by Sun Ray

I proudly display my Vinyl Scratch Funko on my desk at the office. I figured, what harm could it do? Everyone knows I have kids so, easy out right?

Oh yes. I have the same. It is easier "to hide" having small children. But not always.:orly:

One day my childrens cried loud in shop:  "Mom look what a beautiful Fluttershy for Dad!". I probably never will go to this shop again!:lie::unamused::D

Edited by Fluttershy Friend
  • Brohoof 2

Well, I can't say I have any exciting stories about being caught.  I've been to BronyCAN three years in a row and am going to the last one later this month, I own every piece of MLP related spinoff media I can get my hands on along with CCG cards and lots of con merch, and I'm a moderator on these forums, and yet I still haven't been caught.  I'm not sure how that's possible, and I will embrace the day when it happens.  I've actually made a hobby out of trying to keep my family from knowing.  When they finally find out I'll have some record to post.  March 26th 2014 is when I became a closet Brony, so it's been well over three years.

• Brohoof 2

People see me drawing MLP from time to time. I get a few odd looks every now and then when people see me doodling my characters in my sketch book or something similar, but rarely do they ask about it! I did have a young girl ask me to draw her flutter shy though when I was drawing at the mall, so that was fun! She was very happy that I gave her the drawing and her mother was happy that her daughter was happy.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Pangur Ban said:

People see me drawing MLP from time to time. I get a few odd looks every now and then when people see me doodling my characters in my sketch book or something similar, but rarely do they ask about it! I did have a young girl ask me to draw her flutter shy though when I was drawing at the mall, so that was fun! She was very happy that I gave her the drawing and her mother was happy that her daughter was happy.

I wish I could draw.  I sure can write though.

Just now, Sun Ray said:

I wish I could draw.  I sure can write though.

I've only been drawing for a few years! Its not super great. But I'm not that good with writing, at least not in a non-roleplay format!

So a while back i was in me mums car and um *Dies* Alright, i told her after a lot of back in fourth i finally spit it out and for the rest of the car ride she was saying bronayyyyyyyy

Every Time she said that i did both the biggest blush and my most fierce i will kill you face.

I didn't exactly get caught but meh it was embarrassing 

Edited by Yumekai
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
13 hours ago, Yumekai said:

So a while back i was in me mums car and um *Dies* Alright, i told her after a lot of back in fourth i finally spit it out and for the rest of the car ride she was saying bronayyyyyyyy

Every Time she said that i did both the biggest blush and my most fierce i will kill you face.

I didn't exactly get caught but meh it was embarrassing 

That seems absolutely traumatizing.

12 hours ago, Foxy Socks said:

I never had the issue as I am fine telling most people about it. I don't really have many friends so no one really knows.

And I'll be your friend.  Message me if you have any problems I know how it feels.  I actually don't have any friends right now. I'm actually feeling a lot like Twilight because I'm going to anouther town called Lanno in Texas with my grandmother because my mom thinks that me going to a school populated by as much kids as there is people in Lanno Is crazy.  It's a really small (and beautiful) town in the middle of nowhere so I might be the only brony there.  Being that it's summer, this is my only link until I move (again)

Edited by Sun Ray
  • Brohoof 2

I haven't really been 'caught' at anything, per se, my family's pretty chill, so I never really tried to hide it from them.

Although my parents did give me the Season 4 boxset for my birthday recently, while all my friendswhoI'vetactfullyavoidedmentioningponiesaroundsinceforever were watching, but they didn't seem to think it much of a deal (although there was a lot of 'aww! that's so kyoot!'ing  :lie: ).

On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 5:54 PM, AlbaTross said:

Well, I can't say I have any exciting stories about being caught.  I've been to BronyCAN three years in a row and am going to the last one later this month, I own every piece of MLP related spinoff media I can get my hands on along with CCG cards and lots of con merch, and I'm a moderator on these forums, and yet I still haven't been caught.  I'm not sure how that's possible, and I will embrace the day when it happens.  I've actually made a hobby out of trying to keep my family from knowing.  When they finally find out I'll have some record to post.  March 26th 2014 is when I became a closet Brony, so it's been well over three years.

Whoa.

Teach us your ways, o senpai.

Edited by Duality
  • Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Duality said:

I haven't really been 'caught' at anything, per se, my family's pretty chill, so I never really tried to hide it from them.

Although my parents did give me the Season 4 boxset for my birthday recently, while all my friendswhoI'vetactfullyavoidedmentioningponiesaroundsinceforever were watching, but they didn't seem to think it much of a deal (although there was a lot of 'aww! that's so kyoot!'ing  :lie: ).

Whoa.

Teach us your ways, o senpai.

Lol.  Well, I'm somewhat anticipating getting caught so I can have a story about it, and I've been kind of hedging my bets on how and when it might happen.  It will probably be when I move out and try to discreetly pack away my Pony stuff, but that would be such a boring way for my closet streak to end that I'm hoping that isn't how it will come to pass.  Never let it be said that being a closet fan has to be dull.

I'd say lesson one on staying a closet fan is making note of regular behaviour patterns and quirks of the individuals you share a dwelling with.  It will help paint a picture of how much you can get away with.  Some of my excess spinoff media, including the Daring Do books and the Brandon Snider companion books (Elements of Harmony Vol. I and II, The Journal of the Two Sisters, The Wonderbolts Academy Handbook) are sitting in fairly plain sight in a Billy from Ikea in the back corner of my bedroom.  I can get away with that because neither of my parents look too closely at that bookshelf, and my mom can't see that well without her glasses anyways, which she only puts on when she's reading or driving for some reason.  I also have a MLP 2017 calendar I keep up most of the time and only store away when the cleaning lady comes once every two weeks.  I can verify with enough certainty that no one goes in my room otherwise when I'm not around as I would know if someone spotted it.  You may not be able to be so bold.

I'd also recommend finding a large and secluded space to store most of your merch without anyone finding it, such as a closet.  My plushies, CCG stuff and boxed sets of various G.M. Berrow and Perdita Finn books actually sit behind my laundry hamper, and aren't that well hidden, but no one goes in my closet, and when they do they don't look too closely at that back corner.  They were better hidden, but I got more and more merch and am going to add more after this year's BronyCAN as it will be the last.  Hey, you try hiding four plushies, three boxed sets, a binder full of CCG cards and a Celestial Solstice set.  I had to hide a lot of stuff under my bed when my mom decided to help me clean my closet then put it back in my rearranged closet with less stuff obstructing it.  I wouldn't recommend under the bed as a permanent hiding place, but it works as a temporary solution.

I do make creative use of my other hobbies.  Other miscellaneous merch can be hidden inside my various boxes for videogame consoles since I like to collect games and new systems come out every so often.  I collect videogame art books and other miscellaneous merch for that too, so The Art of Equestria, Art is Magic, Under the Sparkling Sea, Goodnight Demon Baby and The Dragons of Dazzle Island were mixed in with the stack of videogame art books I have on a shelf in my closet.  The key is finding a place to store stuff where none of it will get damaged too.  No amount of secrecy is worth damaging one of a kind and/or signed artwork, comics with variant covers or Ultra Rare CCG cards.  Of course I got hard protective sleeves for the latter.  I actually have a chest my sister gave me one birthday where I keep some of my manga and GNs, and I've just been keeping my MLP DVDs and BluRays and all the comic volumes I have in there, along with the remainder of my chapter books and other spinoff media and no one goes in there.

That came out longer than I was expecting but that pretty much covers all I've been doing.  Oh, no one sees what I do on my iPad, or goes on it period, or they might see the icon for the Gameloft game or my YouTube recommendations, Amazon history or anything I've posted or done on this forum.  The last lesson is know your own typical behaviour patterns and try not to act suspicious or out of character.  I "hang out with friends" all day for three straight days when BronyCAN rolls around but I guess I'll only be doing that once more. :(  I've been "called into work" on the Saturday when I had my retail job but alas, that won't cut it this year as my current job doesn't have me on Saturdays.  I do work Fridays though, hmmm...

• Brohoof 2