Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general If you had the choice, what time period would you chose to be born in?

The Equestrian Brony

I think if I had the choice, I would prefer to be born in Medieval England sometime between 800 and 1000 A.D. That way I could fight for the King and kill people lol. Or I could join the Vikings and go around and pillage villages and such. 

What about you though? What time period would you choose? 

• Brohoof 4

Maybe Great Britain in the mid to late 19th century. That's when Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was alive to write Sherlock Holmes. So maybe I could try to emulate that and become a master detective myself. :ooh: And then I would get a home in the beautiful green English countryside.

• Brohoof 3

The choices are more limited for woman. Medieval England...NOPE! If you're not the queen, you're pretty much a serving wench. 19 century Great Britain...Nope, again. Typist, seamstress, or Terry Pratchett Discworld seamstress, if you know what I mean. 1600 great plains? nope a third time. Dressing venison and  making buckskin clothing would bore me to tears. In all three, medical science is frightening! Infant mortality was horrifying.

I'd stick with 20th century and onward. perhaps it would be fun to live in the 22nd century, but I have no way of knowing.

• Brohoof 4

Most likely the roaring 20's, but only if I were a male. As a musician, the twenties here in the US was the beginning of a new musical era that I simply adore. Not to mention how attractive the male fashion was back then!

• Brohoof 5

any decade between post WW2 and the 80s. I wish I couldve been old enough to enjoy the 80s and 90s teen/adult life. Or just growing up in a recovering Britain as I find it so interesting. 

Its the only time period I would have liked to be born into and grown up, I would love the power of time travel to see older periods but only as an adult as it mustve have sucked to have been a child fighting for their lives just to grow up. No matter how wealthy they were. 

• Brohoof 2

I'd love to have lived in the early 20th century in California (teens through the '20s), when the possibilities were still wide open, the movie industry was in its infancy and the fashions for both hair and clothing were at an all-time high. :grin: The mid 1950s to mid '60s would have been pretty cool too. It was a great age of discovery and prosperity in so many ways. 

• Brohoof 4

Im fine in this century, the past always sounds better. But most forgot the incurable diseases in that time or the bad conditions the people lived.

If i can choose. I would prefer the future, to see how far humanity and technology had evolved.

Like Einstein once said:

I'm more interested in the future than in the past, because the future is where I intend to live.

• Brohoof 4

The current one. Maybe near future. I'd prefer to have access to modern day luxuries like video games, internet, hospitals, sewage, and vehicles.

Also the lack of major/incurable diseases is a huge plus.

Near future is a contender under the assumption that all of these things will get better.

• Brohoof 4

The atlantean period. Which is said to be the cradle of the human experiment. Most likely when things went wrong.

Synchronized occurrences previously agreed on contract, which further developed our understanding of reality. From sightings to personal re-unions of great significance. Our lineage is familiar with "otherworldly stuff"

At any rate, I'd like to make certain of some recurrent experiences I've been having while outside my phyisical body. It's actually possible to track down past iterations of oneself, being a collective, despite what the self-contained sense implies in each one of us. Autonomy and such.

But past certain point, there's nothing. Genetic memory goes blank, like if someone had erased a chunk in our dna. And it's pissing me off, because it looks like it was handicapped on purpose.

And genetic manipulation is something atlantis was well known for. Desinformation is aggravating. So peeved.

• Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, Compeador said:

TBH, I prefer never born in this world that human ruins everything :P

Very wisely spoken. :grin: I chose your way, as second chose.

• Brohoof 2

born at the end of time, knowing only cold black darkness... no time, no space... nothing.

that way, I will have nothing to worry me... nothing to bother me. and if I'm lucky, recreate the next reality with a bit more "hope".

barring that, just before the big bang, so I can see existence wash over me, spreading me across the vastness of everything!

• Brohoof 1

1950 Scotland before the north sea drilling operations began but after world war 2. This would have been just as the railways were being built between Scotland and England, Scottish television began broadcasting and the Scots were rerooting their heritage. It would have been marvelous to see.

The future, probably. Though I'm sure anything will have it's own problems, so I'm fine with being born in 2000s still.

Well, maybe present times are not perfect but still, in many aspects it's the best time in human history, concerning the development of technology and life quality (and we have MLP:lol:).

I don't know if I would risk the future, as the world may change to better as well as worse 

But if I had to choose, I'd like to see America in 1970's-80's :)

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Compeador said:

TBH, I prefer never born in this world that human ruins everything :P

Humans are also what make everything wonderful. We live in a society where the average person has access to all the information he'll ever need, a society that pushes equality and tolerance to the point of fanaticism, a society where technology can make the most minute of details, a society where we have a surplus of entertainment, food, and people to interact with.

We may have destroyed a lot on our path but we've created so much more.

• Brohoof 5