Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Movie is the last hope for the show to get new seasons

Sly

Hoping to see a shift to a pure streaming play, via services like netflix and iTunes. That would allow episode length to be adjusted to suit the story, and world-wide releases avoiding people finding copies online and impacting the "official" watch figures, as mentioned above.  Plus of course the fact is the up and coming generation isn't interested in sitting down at a set time in front of a TV to watch shows, they want on demand.

1 hour ago, Sly said:

But in any case, no offence buddy but, I simply can't understand why would you want the series going on for so long. Aside of my sharing of infos I found, I personally believe that if MLP goes cancelled it will be just for the best. Have you forgot what's happened to shows like the Simpsons, Spongebob and the Fairly Odd Parents (WHICH THANK GOODNESS THE LATTER HAS BEEN CANCELLED NOW)? Do you really want to see MLP doing the same end? 

Okay, I know you weren't talking to me here, but I feel the need to chime in once again. I keep hearing this argument and I'm finding it a little frustrating. It basically boils down to "What if the show goes bad?!" to which the answer I have is...what if it doesn't? What if it stays strong, what if it get's better than ever? I understand you weren't too fond of Season 6 and that's all fine and dandy, but a lot of other people were too, and season 7 seems to be received pretty well over all.

What if we miss out on a good season or two if we end the show early? Yes, there's always a chance the show could go downhill, but it might not. I feel like ending it early out of paranoia is a bit...Well, silly. If you personally end up not liking the show anymore, that's fine, you can quit watching, but why take it away from others? I wouldn't like to see MLP end up like Fairly Odd Parents or Simpsons, no. But I'd also hate to see it ended early out of fear.

Just now, RareBase said:

Okay, I know you weren't talking to me here, but I feel the need to chime in once again. I keep hearing this argument and I'm finding it a little frustrating. It basically boils down to "What if the show goes bad?!" to which the answer I have is...what if it doesn't? What if it stays strong, what if it get's better than ever? I understand you weren't too fond of Season 6 and that's all fine and dandy, but a lot of other people were too, and season 7 seems to be received pretty well over all.

What if we miss out on a good season or two if we end the show early? Yes, there's always a chance the show could go downhill, but it might not. I feel like ending it early out of paranoia is a bit...Well, silly. If you personally end up not liking the show anymore, that's fine, you can quit watching, but why take it away from others? I wouldn't like to see MLP end up like Fairly Odd Parents or Simpsons, no. But I'd also hate to see it ended early out of fear.

I'm not the guy who foolishly takes risks, and with the return of Haber and Vogel if the S8 takes the direction I'm afraid of (they are Stalight fanboys, they deliberately admitted that), I would feel devastated. That's why I'm relying on friends to decide if to watch it or not. In the meantime I will enjoy what is coming for the rest of the year, then I will leave my decisions to my closest brony friends. 

1 minute ago, Sly said:

I'm not the guy who foolishly takes risks, and with the return of Haber and Vogel if the S8 takes the direction I'm afraid of (they are Stalight fanboys, they deliberately admitted that), I would feel devastated. That's why I'm relying on friends to decide if to watch it or not. In the meantime I will enjoy what is coming for the rest of the year, then I will leave my decisions to my closest brony friends. 

If you don't take risks sometimes you don't get anywhere. I'd rather take a risk and maybe get a few more great seasons of ponies rather than just have the show end early out of paranoia. Even if I didn't like the show anymore, I wouldn't want to take it away if other people still do.

You do what you want, if you want to stop watching, or watch everything, or stay cautious, but the show need not end just because a few fans are tired of it, or don't like the possible direction.

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Uuuuhhhmmm sorry. I should have been more specific on my statement. I wanted to say "we'll get an idea of what MLP 's fate will be in the next report".

But in any case, no offence buddy but, I simply can't understand why would you want the series going on for so long. Aside of my sharing of infos I found, I personally believe that if MLP goes cancelled it will be just for the best. Have you forgot what's happened to shows like the Simpsons, Spongebob and the Fairly Odd Parents (WHICH THANK GOODNESS THE LATTER HAS BEEN CANCELLED NOW)? Do you really want to see MLP doing the same end? 

I myself despite my excitement for the second half of the S7 and the Movie, I don't have much trust for future seasons, especially with the potential return of Haber as story editor. I wasn't a fan of his story editing skills in S6 and about the 40% of it felt very shallow to me, and the finale.... well you know that. Also, considering the nature of the show, it could easely end with another TWABA as series finale, and honestly that would leave me VERY displaced if it happens.... which is why I'm relying to some friends to decide if to watch them or not. 

In any case, let me give you a piece of advice: careful to what you wish for.

Do you sit and read the stuff you write? I mean seriously? Trust? It is a cartoon show... about horses... not a relationship.

What do ANY of those shows have to do with MLP? What does it matter if they run it into the ground? Let me be very very very blunt here.... just so we all know where I stand.

If they decide to air 75 seasons of MLP into the year 2095.... what the hell does it matter? What does it matter if in the middle of season 30 they just give up and start running laundry detergent commercials with the toys thrown in the dryer to simulate action? How does it effect you in any possible way? I mean seriously? I stopped watching the Simpsons years ago, the same with South Park just because to me the shows got too dumb or dull or whatever... I have never once felt the urge to parade the streets with a banner saying those shows need to go because I don't like them anymore, and therefore no one else can either. And apparently they are doing something right since they are still going and people are still watching, despite everyone claiming they don't. Networks (especially big ones) don't keep renewing dead shows that no one is watching.

I don't care if you get the heebie jeebies now whenever a new episode is announced, and have to resort to getting others to watch it for you to decide if it is safe to check it out... that is all you. If you cannot get off the fence and make a decision whether you want to watch it or not... I have no idea what to tell you. Watch it or don't, but quit trying to tell everyone else how and why they should ingest the show just because you have some sort of love / hate relationship with a cartoon show. I will watch the show until it either ends, or I lose interest... and then I will stop. If it is still going in ten years with dozens of people crying how bad it is now, but I am still enjoying it... I will continue watching it.

Want to know why? Because I don't care about what anyone else says or thinks. I can think for myself, and decide for myself whether i like something and it interests me. I don't care what is popular, what is trending or what the new "must see show" is. You can like it or hate it, and it will not phase me in the slightest, nor effect my personal enjoyment of it. If I lose interest and quit watching it, and they turn it into the most horrible crap in the history of cartoons, I still will not care because i am no longer watching it.

Thanks for the advice, but the only wish I have is for other people to quit making it sound like just because they no longer can enjoy something, no one else is allowed to either. It is 2017, are we still so much more concerned about what everyone else is doing and enjoying than ourselves?

Let me give you a piece of advice now: Stop looking at everyone else as to whether you should enjoy something or not. Watch it and decide for yourself, and if it truly is so upsetting that you cannot tolerate it... quit. It really is that damn simple.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

Its going to be an anime about Megaman as a high school student who's secretly a robot.

So basically this new Mega Man Anime is going to be a spiritual successor to DragonBall Evolution in anime form based on your line of logic?

dexter-s-lab-the-horror-o.gif

The Horror. The Horror. The Horror.

Also, its up to Hasbro to decide what they could do with the MLP Toylines. Maybe make them into action figures and allow them the ability of Transformers? From Unicorn to Alicorn for Twilight?

Edited by ZethaPonderer

(edited)
22 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

Cut

Uh... I think you're misunderstanding my post. If you remember well, I... didn't have the healthiest of the reactions after I watched the S6 finale. That's why I'm not hopeful for the S8, because the men behind that episode are back. But on the other side if I quit on force the show, of course I could miss some gemstones only because fear and prejudice, which would be pretty dumb by the way. That's why I asked some of my closest friends who will watch the S8 regardless to tell me if I should give it a shot or not in base on what MY tastes are. They know me better than anybody else (on internet I mean) and they will eventually know if the season could be great or disappointing for me. I'm just relying on my friends to avoid another eventual heavy disappointment like the one of the last year. I don't think there is something wrong in relying on closest friends on that regard. Maybe "relying" it's a strong word though, to make it simple: they will watch future seasons regardless, and if they say me that I would like it too (basing on what I like of this series) then I will watch it. 

Edited by Sly

6 minutes ago, Sly said:

That's why I asked some of my closest friends who will watch the S8 regardless to tell me if I should give it a shot or not in base on what MY tastes are. They know me better than anybody else (on internet I mean) and they will eventually know if the season could be great or disappointing for me. I'm just relying on my friends to avoid another eventual heavy disappointment like the one of the last year. I don't think there is something wrong in relying on closest friends on that regard.

I am not trying to be mean, I seriously am not. But again, it is all you. If To Where And Back Again caused you so much duress, that you cannot just look at it as an episode of a cartoon show you did not like, and just shrug it off and move on, then it is not the show, it is you. You put this on yourself, you make yourself feel this way and you hold the show in a completely different standard, and frankly reality than I do.

You are asking other people to watch a cartoon show for you and tell you if it is OK to watch it or not. You are relying on other people to tell you if something is good or not. You are tossing out words about trust, fear, and turmoil as if you are trapped on a bed with Pennywise the Clown under it. If that is how you want to go forward with the show, more power to you, but in the end it is a carton show. They come and they go and I just cannot fathom how one could cause enough stress to make one relinquish their ability to make their own decisions in life. That is an utterly alien concept to me, and this is coming from someone who bawled like a baby when Optimus Prime kicked the bucket and pretty much relegated his toys to the closet in protest of that wannabe Rodimus.

Anyway, I will not be responding to anymore heebie jeebie posts about this topic since all that I can say, has been said.

I think the show is going to change up after the movie to be honest. It is a sneaky Hasbro thing to do. I just hope they don't bury Twilight and friends under a shipwreck or something and then say Capper and friends will be the new stars of Season 8. I will personally riot.

And then stop watching. ;)

Maybe.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

BTW, what's with this Josh Haber being a story editor of S8? It's a fact, or just some unfounded fear of something that hasn't been confirmed yet :huh: ?

I think its an assumption based on him putting out a bunch of tweets about him working on the finale. I don't think there's anything past that.

(edited)

Plus also there's thousands of people out there who are depressed and are close to giving up on life but a lot of these people are dependent on the show to keep them from ending their lives. So basically if the show is canceled thousands of people would die in result of it. Once again the storyline in my theory about the show is a way to stop that from happening and maybe the Hasbro CEO should consider the amount of people who are dependent on the show to stay alive when he's making the choice whether to cancel it or not. To be honest the CEO himself would probably feel extremely guilty if he finds out about the depressed people that are dependent on the show that he's ended the lives of by cancelling the show. But still there are ways to keep the show going for those people who are dependent on it! :)   

Edited by Techno Universal

2 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Plus also there's thousands of people out there who are depressed and are close to giving up on life but a lot of these people are dependent on the show to keep them from ending their lives. So basically if the show is canceled thousands of people would die in result of it. Once again the storyline in my theory about the show is a way to stop that from happening and maybe the Hasbro CEO should consider the amount of people who are dependent on the show to stay alive when he's making the choice whether to cancel it or not. To be honest the CEO himself would probably feel extremely guilty if he finds out about the depressed people that are dependent on the show that he's ended the lives of by cancelling the show. But still there are ways to keep the show going for those people who are dependent on it!

Wut?

You cannot possibly be serious with this post. I'll give you there are a handful of people that are in a bad way that probably do rely on the show far more than the typical fan. But if someone is truly experiencing such depression and anxiety that they are considering harming themselves because of a show, or lack of one, then they need to be seeking help, not petitioning for the show to continue so they can keep their safe space. The fact is, MLP:FiM will end eventually, one way or the other.... one cannot threaten to hold it hostage just because they are struggling with health or mental issues.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
20 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

Wut?

You cannot possibly be serious with this post. I'll give you there are a handful of people that are in a bad way that probably do rely on the show far more than the typical fan. But if someone is truly experiencing such depression and anxiety that they are considering harming themselves because of a show, or lack of one, then they need to be seeking help, not petitioning for the show to continue so they can keep their safe space. The fact is, MLP:FiM will end eventually, one way or the other.... one cannot threaten to hold it hostage just because they are struggling with health or mental issues.

It's just this is a very real issue. Heck even my friend @Goddess Sunset Shimmer is one of those people who was close to self harming themselves before they discovered the show plus when I came in for her I apparently saved her life by getting her out of her depression. It's just the guilt that the Hasbro CEO will likely experience would be so high to the point where he might become depressed himself over it. That's if he learns about the issue while he's making the choice to cancel the show or if he finds out after the show is canceled. I know human mental behaviour very well and it's very likely that the CEO would feel extremely guilty over the reaction to the cancellation of the show. But still if a Hasbro executive comes across this post it's likely that the news of this post would get relayed to the CEO himself. Just remember that one small social media post can have a massive effect on the world if it's done right. :)

Edited by Techno Universal
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Techno Universal said:

It's just this is a very real issue. Heck even my friend @Goddess Sunset Shimmer is one of those people who was close to self harming themselves before they discovered the show plus when I came in for her I apparently saved her life by getting her out of her depression. It's just the guilt that the Hasbro CEO will likely experience would be so high to the point where he might become depressed himself over it. That's if he learns about the issue while he's making the choice to cancel the show or if he finds out after the show is canceled. I know human mental behaviour very well and it's very likely that the CEO would feel extremely guilty over the reaction to the cancellation of the show.

Oh boy.

2 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

I know human mental behaviour very well

Apparently you don't. At all. Otherwise you would not have made this post.

Depression is a real thing. Suicide is a real thing. People finding this show and having it help them is a very real thing. I agree with all of that. However, if someone is so reliant upon a TV show (of ANY kind) that you would put forward their life literally relies upon it, then they need help beyond what a TV show can offer. They have went from using it as a source of entertainment to an addiction that either you or they claim they cannot live without. If someone has a drinking problem, or a drug problem, you do not make the argument to just keep giving them booze and drugs and then look the other way. I have no doubts there are a couple of people that do in some way rely on the show for some form of stability, but it is a false stability. You are not basing your well being on a stable practical thing. You are basing it on something that is utterly out of your control and open to the whims of a completely different group of people. The CEO (or anyone for that matter) cannot live their life or run their business trying to build it around those who are not using it in the way it was meant to be used. Period. It is great you were able to help your friend with her depression, and I applaud that, But you don't just show them a cartoon show and expect it to be the crutch they can rely on going forward. MLP can be a great new outlook on life for some, but it sure as hell should not be the end of it... there is and should be life after MLP.

That you would post something like this I find rather disturbing and careless.

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

Oh boy.

Apparently you don't. At all. Otherwise you would not have made this post.

Depression is a real thing. Suicide is a real thing. People finding this show and having it help them is a very real thing. I agree with all of that. However, if someone is so reliant upon a TV show (of ANY kind) that you would put forward their life literally relies upon it, then they need help beyond what a TV show can offer. They have went from using it as a source of entertainment to an addiction that either you or they claim they cannot live without. If someone has a drinking problem, or a drug problem, you do not make the argument to just keep giving them booze and drugs and then look the other way. I have no doubts there are a couple of people that do in some way rely on the show for some form of stability, but it is a false stability. You are not basing your well being on a stable practical thing. You are basing it on something that is utterly out of your control and open to the whims of a completely different group of people. The CEO (or anyone for that matter) cannot live their life or run their business trying to build it around those who are not using it in the way it was meant to be used. Period. It is great you were able to help your friend with her depression, and I applaud that, But you don't just show them a cartoon show and expect it to be the crutch they can rely on going forward. MLP can be a great new outlook on life for some, but it sure as hell should not be the end of it... there is and should be life after MLP.

That you would post something like this I find rather disturbing and careless.

Yeah it just I'm trying to explain the situation in the best way I can. It's just at times it may appear disturbing to others but in my perspective of view I have no way of telling if an explanation about an issue looks disturbing or not. Really in the end I'm just trying to vent my point out. :)

On 7/27/2017 at 4:25 PM, Sly said:

I gotta agree, haber returning has me feeling pretty antsy for the finale (especially after we had Starlight shoved into the EQG special's climax special), which is kind of sad because, prior to the announcment of Haber's return, I was actually getting pretty psyched for the Legends of magic plotline.