FemaleIntrovert1995

College and University   

20 users have voted

1. 1. Do You Attend College?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not yet
    • Haven't thought about it

I used to attend college for about nine years before transferring to a university upon moving from Alberta to British Columbia. I was there for two years before spending another two years doing online courses as the university in question didn't offer what I needed.

I recently graduated from college with a degree in Psychology. Originally, I wanted to minor in Visual Art, though Classics totally captured my attention. :P 

@FemaleIntrovert1995 Don't feel pressured to choose a minor right away. Sometimes, it takes a few courses to help ya decide. ^^ 

I suggest adding a poll option for those who have attended college and/or university. 

• Brohoof 1

I recently graduated from Cal Poly Pomona! Fitting, considering their mascot is a Bronco, which is a type of horse. There's even a Facebook account called "Bronies of Cal Pony Pomona"!

10 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

I did, but dropped out after my parents were killed. I will resume it in a year or two after I start working 

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear that. How long ago was that?

(edited)

Undergraduate Psychology in Queen's University, Belfast. I'm either going to pursue a career in counselling or criminology.

Edited by EightBit

I wish I knew what I should be pursuing in school, I have no ambitions at the moment so I don't really think I should be randomly taking courses just to figure it out.

• Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, FemaleIntrovert1995 said:

I'm so sorry to hear that :(

I lost my mother 17 years ago. You're not alone. 

One of the worst days in my life indeed :dry: . Oh well, I could finally move from that hellhole of a place forever, many of the responsible are..... let's just leave it at you could make nice Mortal Kombat jokes at their expense :D 

3 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear that. How long ago was that?

A little over a year ago

35 minutes ago, FemaleIntrovert1995 said:

I'm so sorry to hear that :(

I lost my mother 17 years ago. You're not alone. 

I lost my own mother when I was 9 due to her taking an overdose of medication!

2 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

One of the worst days in my life indeed :dry: . Oh well, I could finally move from that hellhole of a place forever, many of the responsible are..... let's just leave it at you could make nice Mortal Kombat jokes at their expense :D 

A little over a year ago

Less than a year? Oh, I'm sorry to have missed the news. I would have given you a speech of sympathy, due to parent loss if I had known.

2 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Less than a year? Oh, I'm sorry to have missed the news. I would have given you a speech of sympathy, due to parent loss if I had known.

Nah, it's OK, you'd just missed it when I was during my mourning period. But no point in keeping the topic up unless it merits it like in this topic, or I would sound like a bad edgy tragic-past wasngsting OC :D . Besides, my life's at it's best since years before, about a decade before that even happened :dash: . Hell, how could have survived my depression that long :huh: ?

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Nah, it's OK, you'd just missed it when I was during my mourning period. But no point in keeping the topic up unless it merits it like in this topic, or I would sound like a bad edgy tragic-past wasngsting OC :D . Besides, my life's at it's best since years before, about a decade before that even happened :dash: . Hell, how could have survived my depression that long :huh: ?

If I wanted to know, I'll PM you. 

Back to topic, my father and stepmother are very proud of my recent graduation. And I have to thank the existence of Fluttershy's brother, Zephyr Breeze. His episode and song, especially in the last 3rd Act, were what motivated me to finish college.

I surprisingly related to Zephyr and his fear of failure. I love characters that can do that!

Heck, some fan made this amazing video shortly after the episode's airing that once again speaks to me!

So, yeah, I thank everyone involved in making the episode, song, and fan works for showing me that I can succeed and I have!

16 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

If I wanted to know, I'll PM you. 

Back to topic, my father and stepmother are very proud of my recent graduation. And I have to thank the existence of Fluttershy's brother, Zephyr Breeze. His episode and song, especially in the last 3rd Act, were what motivated me to finish college.

I surprisingly related to Zephyr and his fear of failure. I love characters that can do that!

Heck, some fan made this amazing video shortly after the episode's airing that once again speaks to me!

So, yeah, I thank everyone involved in making the episode, song, and fan works for showing me that I can succeed and I have!

Not much different than my tale of working out thanks to poneh :D 

• Brohoof 1

I currently attend a college that strictly specializes in teaching veterinary medicine. It is a small campus but it works well because and acceptance rate is only about 30%. Therefore, graduating classes are always compact. I have enjoyed my time here so far & have learned so much.

I'm not actually old enough to go to a 4-year university, but I've taken some college classes, and thanks to a very helpful program in my state, my last two years of high school will be spent at community college. I'm really looking forward to being able to go out and choose where I go to college. I've devoted most of my life to my studies, so most colleges would love to have me on campus. I'm already getting mail and scholarships. I know I want to study Software Engineering. It's one of the things I love most.

• Brohoof 1