Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Self control and ponies

ManaMinori

There are many temptations in the MLP franchise, and every one of us have various levels of self control, whether its a strong will to avoid episode spoilers, or resist the urge to spend every penny you have on pony toys. Where is your will strongest and at its weakest, when it comes to pony? 

For example, I'm very irresponsible with money, sadly, and am prone to fall to temptation and get pony toys that I may not need, rather than saving for a rainy day. I'm so very weak.... ): 

But I feel like I can resist the temptation of episode spoilers, and wait until they come out.  (Though I don't,  because I enjoy speculating) if I put my mind to it.....

• Brohoof 1

I know what you mean while I can say that I haven't utilised the pony stuff I bought as much as their value would suggest me to use them it is something behind the stuff that makes it worth it for me every acquisition has been an experience for me and I've interacted with different people and I've been able to support them for what they do and I think that is the most valuable part on the acquisitions like this. The physical object is just a result of your communication with the merchant and I believe that itself is a valuable resource 

Pretty strong. Btu again I haven't really been to a big store in a while. If I see a new pony beanie, I'll buy for the collection. Or the EQG show accurate mini's. But the will against Hasbro merch is strong, cause Hasbro's merch kinda sucks half the time. For spoilers, I avoid those like the plague. 

Now fan made plushies on the other hoof...

I'm normally strong with toys, only getting one out of the Mane 6 in official merchandise, no matter if they match lines or even other toys. 

Books I'm weaker, but if the plot sounds uninteresting (like the chapter books of Fluttershy, AJ, or Pinks), I don't have problem skipping them. But ones that either explore side characters, or introduce a new one even though it may not appear in the show, that's where I go bonkers :D

I can resist the temptation of comics, as I prefer the volumes over individual issues, even if I can't avoid spoilers, as I'm fairly weak for those

Show spoilers I normally don't have much problem with, other than the occasional unfiltered image in derpibooru which I visit frequently seeking good pics, as I watch the episode on the same day 

When it comes to resisting temptation to watch spoilers or buy the toys I have a lot of practice from being a Star Wars fan for so many years. I used to be completely addicted to buying the toys and rapidly filled my home to the bursting point with them. I eventually trained myself out of the habit because I was getting more out of the immediate thrill of grabbing the toy off the shelf and committing to that purchase, but once I got it home I would pack it away and start thinking about my next purchase. There just wasn't enough payoff for the money spent; it was all impulse.

Watching the spoilers was never a big issue with me until I started getting really immersed in MLP. By the end of season 3 I knew enough to realize there would be an impactful finale and actually managed to avoid all spoilers of Magical Mystery Cure. Twilight's big moment was so amazing and undiluted that I never wanted to miss another one like it, so now I almost never watch spoilers or even commercials ahead of time. 

Okay, I did watch the trailer for the MLP movie, but that was it. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit

I don't really have a problem with it. Considering I'm too young to even have a proper job, I don't use money on stuff like that, will consider buying them after I get a decent income though :^)

Well:

• I spend money on other things, like games, or just hoard it because reasons.
  • I never feel tempted to buy merch.
  • Spoilers are a waste of time to me, unlike all those other things I do which definitely aren't also wastes of time.
  • Considering that I haven't caught up on the show yet, and have miraculously avoided all spoilers... I'm good.