Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shining Armor fan club

Ianpiersonjdavis

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

How did you find MLP Forums?

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

Welcome to the Shining Armor Fan Club!!!

post-20372-0-93500600-1398430245.jpg

Shining Armor is Twilight Sparkle's older brother, former Captain of Princess Celestia's Royal Guard, husband to Princess Cadance and Prince of the Crystal Empire.

• Brohoof 8

Not hating, just stating a fact. but why does everyone say shining armor is the FORMER captain of the royal guard? Princes can have military careers, you know. Just look at Prince William and Prince Harry.

(edited)

Not hating, just stating a fact. but why does everyone say shining armor is the FORMER captain of the royal guard? Princes can have military careers, you know. Just look at Prince William and Prince Harry.

Well, it's because it seems a little unlikely that he could organize and command Celestia's guard in Canterlot and know everything that's going on over there from the Crystal Empire and the travel time going back and forth for that and his royal duties would be a little impractical.

Of course, that's just how I see it-I can't really speak for anybody else.

Edited by TimeLordRainbowDash

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Shining Armor surfing is so amazing :o

I wish Twilight's family would go the beach in an episode so we can see Twilight and Shining Armor surfing together. :wub:

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought you might like this piece that I commissioned from Gina at I AM PONY, inspired by the comics by Cook & Price.  It looks to me like Shining Armor is flattered that his little sister wants to join him for a game of Ogres and Oubliettes -- but then again, who can blame her?

img-2992835-1-filly_twilight_and_shining

Edited by LoopyLogic

• 1 month later...

I have a soft spot for knights and love stories so Shining Armor kind of Sucker punches his way into my heart as one of my favorite characters. But you know something, i hate the comic that revolves around him finally going out with Princess Cadence.

Comic_issue_12_cover_A.jpg

I don't know. I play D&D and all but I can't help but think that this was sort of... Cliche I guess the word is. It's just a generic high School romance story. I haven't read any of the other comics though, so I wonder if that's just how this comic series is.

Also, THE WILD STALLION WITHIN, is the worst name lol

Edited by Bright Bastion

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I feel like I haven't been contributing too much lately, so here's a few of my terrible Shining Armor drawings;

post-20372-0-34477400-1425849607_thumb.jpg

Shining Armor and Cadance;

post-20372-0-91302100-1425849649_thumb.jpg

And something I found a while back that I thought was pretty cool by newyorkx3 on deviantART;

post-20372-0-72143500-1425849724_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I must admit. I do like Shining Armor, despite having a few flaws. I'm like a red version of him in some ways. Shining is also acted by Andrew Francis, who also acts Max Steel. Shining is like Worf or Solid Snake, strong warrior.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This has to be one of the most adorable scenes in FiM  :wub:

sig-4183334.UntitledbyScootieBloom188997

That image above is precisely the reason I've grown to love Shining Armor: He's soooo adorkable, especially with his L.S.B.F.F. Twilight Sparkle. I'm a little sexually attracted to adorkable characters like them! ;)
  • Brohoof 2