Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has anypony seen the MLP movie trailer in theaters???

TwilightSparkleAndAJ

I have a question has anyone seen the My Little Pony Movie Trailer in theaters ive heard some have seen it during despicable me 3 i went to go watch it and no trailer its weird i hear people say they saw it during theat movie but i didnt. Then a friend told me he saw it at imax theaters does this mean the movie will be in Imax only idk im just asking have any of you seen the trailer in your theater thanks.????

Yeah, that's weird, the pony movie trailer should've shown in DM3  , but I've heard far too many tales that it didn't :huh: . I can't claim that I've see it, as last movie I've watched was War for the Planet of the Apes, and you might as well expect Twilight Sparkle in Duke Nukem :dash: 

Apparently I don't think that they are going to start playing the MLP movie trailer before movies until around mid August as the Australian release date is 2nd of November. But still there is an IMAX here in Melbourne in the city so what's really exciting is that they may show the movie at IMAX here in Melbourne. But still for them to show the movie there's no exception to the 26 day later release date. :)

At this point I'm wondering if ANY movie is going to get an MLP trailer. Hasbro/Lion'sgate's handling of the advertisement for this movie has been beyond atrocious. They better pay for a crapton of commercials for this thing on TV to compensate.

• Brohoof 1

On 7/30/2017 at 0:09 AM, Unlikeable Pony said:

At this point I'm wondering if ANY movie is going to get an MLP trailer. Hasbro/Lion'sgate's handling of the advertisement for this movie has been beyond atrocious. They better pay for a crapton of commercials for this thing on TV to compensate.

That's exactly what I'm also thinking. My theater, apparently, did not allow screening of the trailer on Despicable Me 3 or The Emoji Movie, and with only one movie left just a SMIDGE before the movie comes out, chances are, it won't appear at all in my theater at this rate.

I doubt there's going to be anything of that sort in my theaters. But it's still kinda early I guess.

I rarely go to theatres--or watch movies in general--so I opted to watch the trailer online through the proper YouTube channels.

1 hour ago, ShadowDash13 said:

I've gone to both the new planet of the apes and two more family-centered movies my theatre played. No sign of MLP. Which irritates me, because I wanna see that thing on the big screen.

Same here, with only two months left before the movie officially comes out. But either way, I'm not setting foot in a movie theater until then.

I'm getting really nervous cause it didn't play when I saw dm3, or today when I went to see the Emoji Movie. I seriously hope it's showing in my theater because my best friend and I wanna go see it. .-.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to say that I DID see it in the theater, but for the life of me I can't remember!  ugh!!!  I did go to a theater to see Spiderman: Homecoming two weeks ago, and they had a movie poster up for it.  But I can't remember if I actually saw the trailer there, or just on youtube....

• 5 weeks later...

Personally no, but I kind of expecting them to show it as a commercial for a family friendly movie. But I've seen plenty of posters. I know its kind of weird but they still had dark tower trailer week after it was released. Maybe the MLP movie is going to be just like that. The movie that I ve last seen in theaters was Spiderman Homecoming.

Edited by Rabit2017

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2017 at 1:10 AM, Blueberry Dream said:

I'm getting really nervous cause it didn't play when I saw dm3, or today when I went to see the Emoji Movie. I seriously hope it's showing in my theater because my best friend and I wanna go see it. .-.

Too bad you won't now. The movie's coming out in 12 days. But I have to wait until my next day off after the movie comes out to see it, probably also because the tickets will sell out very quickly anyway.

Edited by FirePuppy

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I saw it. I guarantee you it is worth it if you are a true fan. It felt like I had butterflies in my stomach watching it on the big screen. The theater was packed with parents and kids, i didnt see any bronies other than me. The only people my age were probably my friends whom i forced to come with me XD. But it definitely was better than I expected. 

I think I saw the trailer when I went to watch the Lego Ninjago Movie, they also played an edited version of it telling people to turn their telephones off. (It was just the sound of a ringtone with clips of the scene edited into it to make the ponies seem angry at the phone disturbing everything.)

• 6 months later...
On 8/4/2017 at 1:10 AM, Sketchy Tail said:

Well, if you didn't, then apparently, your theater followed the same footsteps as Brenden Concord 14 in Concord, California did in the aftermath of when they showed that Sausage Party trailer to a Finding Dory audience:

http://ew.com/article/2016/06/29/theater-plays-sausage-party-trailer-before-finding-dory-apologizes/

The staff of that theater said: "Playing that trailer was a one-time honest mistake by a theater manager moving screens around in effort to accommodate several large last-minute groups wanting to see Dory. The wrong movie was started by mistake. It was caught soon, but not until the trailer played. We regret it, apologize for it, and we are not happy that it happened. We fully realize this trailer is not appropriate for Dory and we would never schedule something like that. The trailer for Sausage Party is not and never has been scheduled with Dory."

When most theaters overheard this (including yours and mine), they later mistook MLP as a Sausage Party level movie and deliberately rejected the trailer from appearing at all.

11 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

When most theaters overheard this (including yours and mine), they later mistook MLP as a Sausage Party level movie and deliberately rejected the trailer from appearing at all.

I highly doubt that happened. Everyone who knows about mlp knows that it's kids show, so why would they assume that the movie was "sausage party level"?

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...
On 5/14/2018 at 11:35 AM, Sun Wukong said:

I highly doubt that happened. Everyone who knows about mlp knows that it's kids show, so why would they assume that the movie was "sausage party level"?

They assumed it was by accident. Duh! That's why I never got to see it.

• 2 weeks later...