Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thunder Dash - Dark Sunshine: Daybreaker's Theme (Orchestral/Choir

Courageous Thunder Dash

Was planning to release this on here earlier, but forgot to do it. So...here's my theme for Daybreaker: Dark Sunshine. It comes with lyrics divided into two sections. It has English and Latin versions. It is based off of two themes: my theme for Celestia: I took a pipe organ piece and converted the main melody to minor, and O Fortuna, it has the same feeling as the intro and the main fast portion of the song.

Lyrics:

Lyrics (English)

Declaration:

The sun has rose
New day has come
To rule them all
With sun fire

Plan:

Your new princess
Has come for you
Eternal flames
Of wicked reign
The break of day
No worthless nights
I have it all
Now bow to me!

Lyrics (Latin)

Declaration

Sol rosa est
Novo advenisse diem,
Ut praeesset eas omnia,
Ignis Solis

Plan

Tuus nova domina
Venit ad te,
aeterna flammae
De regnantibus impiis
Et aurora
Non vile nocte
Habeo ei omnia,
Iam arcum me!

Would like to get some feedback on this piece. Note this is a completed track. 

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

Really cool and intense! Definitely heard the "Oh Fortuna" influence.

You've got to find someone to sing this because I'm now very curious as to how the lyrics fit in!

I would challenge you to spit that piano part into more orchestration. There are some great opportunities for string runs, as well more brass.

1 minute ago, Michael Picher said:

Really cool and intense! Definitely heard the "Oh Fortuna" influence.

You've got to find somepony to sing this because I'm now very curious as to how the lyrics fit in!

I would challenge you to spit that piano part into more orchestration. There are some great opportunities for string runs, as well more brass.

As for the lyrics, the "Declaration" starts at 0:10 and ends at 0:36. The "Plan", which is the main reference to O Fortuna starts at 0:55 and ends at 1:15. The rest is instrumental. Oh, and if you're wondering how I got the ultra-realistic choirs, they are part of my Korg Kronos workstation. The main patch I used was called "Conversational Voices", which is a totally fun patch to use since it's sampled vocals that sound like words. I'll see what I can do in the future, as I may make an extended version of this theme with additional parts. 

5 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

As for the lyrics, the "Declaration" starts at 0:10 and ends at 0:36. The "Plan", which is the main reference to O Fortuna starts at 0:55 and ends at 1:15. The rest is instrumental. Oh, and if you're wondering how I got the ultra-realistic choirs, they are part of my Korg Kronos workstation. The main patch I used was called "Conversational Voices", which is a totally fun patch to use since it's sampled vocals that sound like words. I'll see what I can do in the future, as I may make an extended version of this theme with additional parts. 

The choir did sound pretty decent!

• 1 month later...

I heard a lord of the rings sample in it. Pretty cool, but is the pipe organ in the beginning at good choice? The notes were to short to really get emotions of an organ. :twi: But it was a mysterious and incredible song. ^_^

8 hours ago, Hierok said:

I heard a lord of the rings sample in it. Pretty cool, but is the pipe organ in the beginning at good choice? The notes were to short to really get emotions of an organ. :twi: But it was a mysterious and incredible song. ^_^

I actually didn't use any samples from that in this piece. Yes, the pipe organ was a little thin plus with the staccato you could hardly hear it. Thanks a lot!

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

I actually didn't use any samples from that in this piece. Yes, the pipe organ was a little thin plus with the staccato you could hardly hear it. Thanks a lot!

No problem. I thought 0:55 was like the saruman part. My bad. :lol:

This was epic, you have inspired me to publish something more classical too. Just have to make a video of a track I have ready.

The choirs was perfect. The Kronos is a very good hardware thing, I like the sounds alot.

1 hour ago, pegapony said:

This was epic, you have inspired me to publish something more classical too. Just have to make a video of a track I have ready.

The choirs was perfect. The Kronos is a very good hardware thing, I like the sounds alot.

Can't wait to hear it! And glad you were inspired!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...