Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Can you speak/understand/spell another language besides English?

The Equestrian Brony

Here are the languages I can understand. I ordered them from least known, to most known:

• Hungarian(I can barely understand it, I don't know much of it and I can't speak it)
  • Russian(I can sort of recognize the words, but I don't know it very well. I can't speak it)  
  • Polish(I can't speak it but I can understand the writing and the grammar)  
  • Italian(I can speak and understand it pretty well. I'm a little off in speaking it.)
  • French(I can speak and understand it very well. You would mistake me for a native to France XD)
  • English(of course I can understand this. It's my native language. No trouble what-so-ever)

(Hungarian) Milyen nyelveket ismersz? (I had to google some of the words, but I think that's how you spell it)

(Russian) Какие языки вы знаете?(I think I wrote that right)

(Polish) Jakie znasz języki?

(Italian) Che lingue conosci?

(French) Quelles langues connaissez-vous?

(English) What languages do you know? 

BTW, I learned these from Rosetta Stone. It was expensive but worth it! I'm very proud of my accomplishments lol

• Brohoof 4

I used to speak French for about six years but this was back when I was in my teenage years. It's been a long time since then so I've pretty much forgotten everything aside from a couple of the extreme basics.

• Brohoof 2

47 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

I used to speak French for about six years but this was back when I was in my teenage years. It's been a long time since then so I've pretty much forgotten everything aside from a couple of the extreme basics.

Pourriez-vous me comprendre? C'est en français, savez-vous ce qu'il dit?

1 hour ago, WritterPon13 said:

I speak a fluid spanish because is my native lenguage, and treat learn japanese

I wanted to learn Spanish, but I never got around to it. I'll use a translator to make a Spanish sentence for you and see if you can understand it lol

El gato saltó alto, saltó muy lejos. El gato es negro y meows.

I have no clue if I got the sentence to imply a male cat, but I don't know how to do that. I know that people, places, and things need to be established as masculine, feminine, or neutral. French is this way too and Italian. 

2 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

A little Spanish is my 2nd language.

¿Español? Lol Me gustaría haber aprendido eso! (I use a translator for that. I have no clue how to speak Spanish.lol)

• Brohoof 2

To be honest I don't know any other languages other than English but my parents can speak other languages because of their backgrounds.

My dad can speak Croatian as a full second language as his parents are from Croatia and they had to learn English when they immigrated to Australia.

My mom can speak quite a lot of French as her parents are from the Sce-Shell islands and that's a French speaking country. :)

• Brohoof 3

I speak Ukrainian (my native language) and Russian (fluently). I also understand Belorussian quite well (even know a few songs in this language) and more or less understand most of the other Slavic languages. I studied German for some time, but my German is still at the lower intermediary level.

• Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, The Equestrian Brony said:

Here are the languages I can understand. I ordered them from least known, to most known:

• Hungarian(I can barely understand it, I don't know much of it and I can't speak it)
  • Russian(I can sort of recognize the words, but I don't know it very well. I can't speak it)  
  • Polish(I can't speak it but I can understand the writing and the grammar)  
  • Italian(I can speak and understand it pretty well. I'm a little off in speaking it.)
  • French(I can speak and understand it very well. You would mistake me for a native to France XD)
  • English(of course I can understand this. It's my native language. No trouble what-so-ever)

(Hungarian) Milyen nyelveket ismersz? (I had to google some of the words, but I think that's how you spell it)

(Russian) Какие языки вы знаете?(I think I wrote that right)

(Polish) Jakie znasz języki?

(Italian) Che lingue conosci?

(French) Quelles langues connaissez-vous?

(English) What languages do you know? 

BTW, I learned these from Rosetta Stone. It was expensive but worth it! I'm very proud of my accomplishments lol

Well I've heard people badmouthing Rosetta Stone that it's not a good language learning website due to the pronunciations sometimes being off, so I'll just stick to Memrise into learning the many languages I'm willing to learn.

NorthEastern Asian Languages: Japanese, Chinese, Korean

SouthEastern Asian Languages: Filipino (Tagalog)

Middle East Languages: Arabic, Hebrew, Aramaic, Biblical Aramaic, Farsi

Eastern Europe Languages: Polish

I'm currently under Elementary Level and I have a long way to go.

And English (duh!)

Honestly, the reason why I'm learning such difficult and rich languages is so that I can conquer my irrational fear with my own native language Urdu. :( That and it's also one of my many lifelong dreams to learn and master (if possible) every single language I come across though I may not live long enough to support such an out of reach dream.

• Brohoof 3

I'm pretty decent at English.

...and that's all really.

I know a very small amount of Spanish but that's just because I had to take Spanish classes in school.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Polish is my native language. So reading, writing, understanding - very good:proud:^_^

English. I can:

read/translation good,

write quite good (of course it is my oppinion),

speak could be muuch better,

Russian. I can:

Read quite good,

Write a little,

Speak very little.

Then Latin many words, sentences. 

Veeeeeeeery little French, German.

Edited by Fluttershy Friend
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Polish is my native language, English is basically my second language, I know BASIC German (I can read it and understand speaking but I can't really talk myself besides some really simple phrases), some Spanish and Japanese words and phrases :rarity:

Edited by Nara
typo
  • Brohoof 2

English is my native language, but I understand written Portuguese and some Spanish.

12 hours ago, The Equestrian Brony said:

Pourriez-vous me comprendre? C'est en français, savez-vous ce qu'il dit?

I think I can understand what you're saying there, but it's been almost twenty years since I last took a French course.

• Brohoof 1

I was taking spanish classes a little over a year ago but, learning different language isn't my thng, so I quit. I'm good just sticking with my native language, which is english xD.

• Brohoof 2