Banner by ~ Buffy

What Happened to all the Slapstick in MLP?

Aw. I never thought it went too far

11 minutes ago, SugarCoatxMarblePie said:

People calling it Scootabuse or Spike being a mistreated slave or such. May or may not have had an effect on it.

On 8/9/2017 at 2:56 PM, OmegaBeamOfficial said:

Well, I was only sarcastically poking fun, in reality I don't have any problem if you like that kind of thing. Besides, sometimes pony abuse in the show can be funny if the character in question actually deserves it.

Sometimes the funniest is when they don't deserve it

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He makes some excellent points I had never thought of. It's really true. Seems like the slapstick went away.

It's true - the show has evolved into more melodrama than comedy. However, I disagree - I'd love to see Twilight smashed by various heavy objects again.  XD

The show has become more like a drama show than a comedy show. They take everything seriously nowadays, do you want to see Moon Dancer or Rara to be smashed by some heavy objects? The cruelty and mean

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, SugarCoatxMarblePie said:

People calling it Scootabuse or Spike being a mistreated slave or such. May or may not have had an effect on it.

Yet it was Twi on the receiving end a big chunk of the time. And at least twice in the new eps, too :D

6 hours ago, OmegaBeamOfficial said:

Well, to each their own.

You got to admit pinkie keen was hilarious how Twilight kept getting hurt for no reason while spying on pinkie. 

• Brohoof 1

Personally if i had to choose, I would pick a visual gag over slapstick. Or maybe a funny line from Rainbow being brutual honest (in a good sort of way.)