Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Do you think a Alvin and the Chipmunks cartoon made by Craig McCracken and Lauren Faust would be good?

AlicornSpell

I would have no interest in such a thing. I've had enough of this franchise, and considering everything is an opportunity cost, there is nothing in my week I am willing to part with to aquire this. 

I'm sure one could make a good cartoon about those characters as long as there was a talented crew working on it. McCracken and Faust could certainly do something interesting with them as long as they were given enough creative control. I don't think I have ever watched any of the earlier chipmunk cartoons, but the same was also true for MLP (apart from one episode or something like that as a kid) so that doesn't really bother me.

However, I think the chipmunk voices could prove detrimental to my enjoyment of any cartoons with Alvin and co. – they would be fine in small doses but 20 minutes of such high-pitched voices would probably be too much. Of course, this could be solved by having a supporting cast with more "normal" voices and focusing more on them, but would it really be Alvin and the Chipmunks then? I guess I'd have to see it first.

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I would have no interest in such a thing. I've had enough of this franchise, and considering everything is an opportunity cost, there is nothing in my week I am willing to part with to aquire this. 

chipmunk_2.jpg

Jeric (and others) confirmed chipmunk hater.

11 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

chipmunk_2.jpg

Jeric (and others) confirmed chipmunk hater.

I'd be game for a Rescue Rangers reboot tho. 

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

How did I not come across this before?  It’s an interesting idea, but I have no clue if Craig and Lauren even like the Chipmunks.  And I know how much Ross Bagdasarian and Janice Karman love their Chipmunks.  Anything Craig or Lauren may want to do would need their absolute blessing.  I’m sure they’d rather keep the franchise including future cartoons in the family as long as their children want the responsibility of running it.