Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Looking for singers for my MLP themed song "Poniville's Greatest Day" [request closed]

General Solar Magus

Hi everypony, how are you? :)

So I have something interesting here you might want to check out if you would like your voice to feature on a unique MLP song ;) (one of possibly more to come :sunbutt:).

So, as a hobby I am a writer of songs and poems and I have written my very first My Little pony themed song.

The song is called "Poniville's Greatest Day" and it is set in Poniville before morning and progresses while the sun is rising. As everypony wakes up, they begin preparing for a big celebration (Poniville's 100th birthday!!). The song involves the whole town singing together and the main characters from the show getting their own solo's. The song carries that jolly feel that you would in song from the show.

I am currently looking for a bunch of singers to sing the various voices of characters from Poniville so that I can have a nice crowd of voices going to give the song that strong positive and fun feeling :grin:

597caa283dbc5_fillyvanilly.png.3a67cd39a89272cc67e37416d99d8ed5.png

A backing track for the song has been made by the pony @MC'01, and he has also set up a casting call on the website 'Casting Call Club' where you can audition your voice for one or more of the various parts of the song.

Here is the link so you can check out the backing track as well as the lyrics: https://www.castingcall.club/projects/ponyville-s-greatest-day-mlp-fanmade-song

The characters participating in the song are:

- All of the mane 6 (Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack and Pinkie Pie)

- The Cutie Mark Crusaders (Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo)

- Other random town Ponies including at least one male and one female voice

If your interested, then give it a shot and show me and @MC'01 what you can do :smug:

If you get a part for the song, then you will be listed in the songs credits once its made too :squee:

I am very excited to see how my song turns out, and also to work with you guys :grin:. I can't wait to hear your voices combined with my lyrics and the backing track. Its going to be epic and loads of fun :)

Flim_Flam_hooves_outstretched_S02E15.thumb.png.4139744d206c5af306e93d83e9a8656c.png

• The title was changed to Looking for singers for my MLP themed song "Poniville's Greatest Day"
17 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Backing track sounds...ok...I can probably make a good orchestral broadway style track for you...

Well the current backing track is already set for the song, and I don't want to change that.

However, what if I wrote another song and you could make the backing track for that one instead? I am after all planning to make more than one ;).

PM me if your Interested :smug:.

8 hours ago, General Solar Magus said:

Well the current backing track is already set for the song, and I don't want to change that.

However, what if I wrote another song and you could make the backing track for that one instead? I am after all planning to make more than one ;).

PM me if your Interested :smug:.

Well...just gear yourself up for a big critique on this current song...

On 7/31/2017 at 11:36 PM, C. Thunder Dash said:

Well...just gear yourself up for a big critique on this current song...

There won't be critique. I don't plan on selling it or distributing it. This is just for fun.

On 8/2/2017 at 3:24 AM, General Solar Magus said:

There won't be critique. I don't plan on selling it or distributing it. This is just for fun.

I know, but it's always good to have someone critique your work so you can make future works better!

On 03/08/2017 at 5:49 PM, C. Thunder Dash said:

I know, but it's always good to have someone critique your work so you can make future works better!

That's very true. 

What I hope to achieve with this song is just to see what a song that wrote feels like to be finished and see it finished. I'm also getting practice with working with others on making one and learning about how long it take to find others to work with etc. (This is my first time getting a song produced after all)

Still, I'm excited to see it's completed form :).