Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

4 New Shorts + Music Video on 7/30/17

Toon4Thought

Well, this came clear out of nowhere - remember those two shorts that Russia leaked back in April? Well, they're airing among a few others on Discovery Family tomorrow at 8:45pm. 4 shorts and a music video, to be specific. Here's a promo for it.

Note that it calls this an "exclusive first look", which may or may not be implying there's more beyond these, possibly enough to fill an entire 22 minutes. This is also implied with the fact I counted 6 setups among the clips shown in the promo (unless one of them somehow merges two, though I'm not quite sure how they would). We'll find out if this is true soon enough though.

• Brohoof 1

Well, it ain't the latter half of S7 (which I'm getting desperate for :muffins: ), but...

its-something.jpg

I'm noticing that there different shades during the prom, and Dashie's Daring Do adventure 

• Brohoof 1

I'm always in the mood for more EQG.

Also the Fall Formal segment I'm positive was leaked in a comic a good while back :P

• Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, ShadowSJG said:

I was wondering, it's shows the promo for the 2 new russian music videos right?

Well, oddly enough, despite it showing at least one clip of both, it only explicitly mentions ONE music video. That, along with a variety of other reasons (more than 5 setups among the clips, a couple of foreign comics based off these, etc), is giving me a very strong impression tonight's shorts won't be all of the set. This was most likely a last minute move TBH.

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

I wonder if we'll see sushi Sunny in one of them 

Given how the promo has a shot of Pinkie Pie working at some kinda diner, I have a feeling that we will see sushi Sunset Shimmer in it.

One of these new shorts will probably be about the girls getting/working at jobs.

• Brohoof 3

24 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

Given how the promo has a shot of Pinkie Pie working at some kinda diner, I have a feeling that we will see sushi Sunset Shimmer in it.

One of these new shorts will probably be about the girls getting/working at jobs.

Not to mention her outfit and the setting exactly matches one of the Minis that is part of the same collection as Sunset Sushi.

3 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

YAY! :D Was hoping to see that someday. Fingers crossed.

17 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Did the shorts air now?

I've been wondering that myself. :/

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Chrylestia600 said:

YAY! :D Was hoping to see that someday. Fingers crossed.

I've been wondering that myself. :/

:checks Equestria Daily: Still not there :dry:

• Brohoof 3

17 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Are these going to be like the Friendship Games & Rainbow Rocks shorts or are they going to be more Equestria Girls specials?

They will each be 2-3 minutes, but it won't be directly tied to any film in particular.

• Brohoof 2

I don't understend one thing: when two of these shorts leaked in Russia in May, they effectively seemed to be incompleted bu the look of those "timing sheets" on them.... how the hell did Hasbro let some incomplete productions leaking? That would be very hurtful for whoever let that happening...

(edited)

My suspicions of there being more shorts than these were 100% confirmed, as half the clips that were in the promo were nowhere to be seen.

And sadly, none of these contained Sunset Shimmer, though much of that has to do with three of them taking place during the Fall Formal. All five were enjoyable in their own way, but probably the only one I see myself revisiting with any regularity is "Raise the Roof", since it has the most energy to it and it's surprisingly the only time so far in EqG that Apple Bloom and Scootaloo have made a substantial appearance.

Edited by Toon4Thought
  • Brohoof 1

I thought these were pretty fun.

I especially liked the Photo Finish short and the whole Mad Scientist Sci Twi music video.

But some of the scenes in the promo didn't even happen, so I guess this means there are more shorts on the way.

They only made my desire for a full fledged EQG tv series grow even more. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

I thought these were pretty fun.

I especially liked the Photo Finish short and the whole Mad Scientist Sci Twi music video.

But some of the scenes in the promo didn't even happen, so I guess this means there are more shorts on the way.

They only made my desire for a full fledged EQG tv series grow even more. 

There's at least five more, if I correctly counted the clues we got from both the promo and certain foreign magazines.