Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

4 New Shorts + Music Video on 7/30/17

Toon4Thought

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

Yeah, that was real bummer that we didn't get to see any "Sunset's" during the "Summer shorts". :(

Now that you reminded me that they were calling it that, it's even worse. :(

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Chrylestia600 said:

Now that you mention it, 

I find it weird that they all took place around the time of or at the Fall Formal even thought they were advertised as "Summer" shorts. :blink:

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Now that you mention it, 

I find it weird that they all took place around the time of or at the Fall Formal even thought they were advertised as "Summer" shorts. :blink:

Yeah.... that's kinda.... weird. :/ I haven't seen them yet, so I didn't know that.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah.... that's kinda.... weird. :/ I haven't seen them yet, so I didn't know that.

Oh, I'm  *really* REALLY sorry! :( 

I thought you had seen them since you mentioned Sunset Shimmer. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Oh, I'm  *really* REALLY sorry! :( 

I thought you had seen them since you mentioned Sunset Shimmer. 

No, it's totally fine! I honestly don't mind spoilers AT ALL, and I definitely didn't count that as one. No worries! :P

Edited by Chrylestia600
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Chrylestia600 said:

No, it's totally fine! I honestly don't mind spoilers AT ALL, and I definitely didn't count that as one. :P

Still I should have put it in spoiler tags just in case. :sunny:

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Still I should have put it in spoiler tags just in case. :sunny:

Nah, that's really not a spoiler. :P Maybe for people who are sensitive about it, but if I was concerned about spoilers I wouldn't be visiting this thread right now where everyone is talking about the shorts. ;)

The truth is that sometimes I actually want to know some spoilers, anyway. Helps me know what to expect.

Edited by Chrylestia600
  • Brohoof 2

Nah, that's really not a spoiler. :P Maybe for people who are sensitive about it, but if I was concerned about spoilers I wouldn't be visiting this thread right now where everyone is talking about the shorts. ;)

That's true but, you were curious so, it's understandable. 

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Wait, where are the shorts?

I can link you to the EQD post for them, if you want.

@Sparklefan1234 Yeah, but if I really don't want to know about something, I avoid any and all talk about it like the plague, lol.

Edited by Chrylestia600
  • Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Chrylestia600 said:

Yeah, but if I really don't want to know about something, I avoid any and all talk about it like the plague, lol.

It is SO difficult being on an MLP forum and trying to avoid MLP Movie spoilers! :blink:

• Brohoof 1

I know, right? I gave up. XD

Between Equestria Girls & MLP Movie spoilers I don't know how I bring myself into the Fan Club sections! ^_^

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Between Equestria Girls & MLP Movie spoilers I don't know how I bring myself into the Fan Club sections! ^_^

Haha, yeah. I know how you feel, which is basically why I just ended up giving up in the long run. XD

Edited by Chrylestia600
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Chrylestia600 said:

:P

So did you like all four, then?

Yes, I did. 

It just got confusing since it was one EQG short after the other with no breaks so,

I'm having a difficult time remembering which one was my favorite. :P

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

49 minutes ago, Chrylestia600 said:

46 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Now that you mention it, 

I should point out there's at least 5 more shorts in this collection that we haven't seen yet. The promo called Sunday's airing a 'first look' at the Summertime Shorts, so I can only assume they are all listed as part of that and we shouldn't have to wait much longer for them.

And Sunset will be in at least 2 of them given what was shown through both the promo and foreign comics.

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Toon4Thought said:

I should point out there's at least 5 more shorts in this collection that we haven't seen yet. The promo called Sunday's airing a 'first look' at the Summertime Shorts, so I can only assume they are all listed as part of that and we shouldn't have to wait much longer for them.

And Sunset will be in at least 2 of them given what was shown through both the promo and foreign comics.

Do you have any proof?

I'm sorry to doubt you, I just haven't seen anything besides the commercial for the original four Summer Shorts. :P

• Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Do you have any proof?

I'm sorry to doubt you, I just haven't seen anything besides the commercial for the original four Summer Shorts. :P

Well, we've had a couple of foreign comics that are clearly directly based off one of these shorts (which was confirmed by one of said comics foreshadowing "Raise The Roof").

Additionally, the promo we got for Sunday's airing showed clips of these setups that weren't part of that night's pack:

Spoiler

*That bus music video we already knew about

*Pinkie doing some song and dance in her food service outfit from the minis (meaning Sunset Sushi will almost definitely be in either this or a different short altogether)

*The CMCs attending the Daring Do premiere

That takes up at least 5 more that are known. There are probably even more that weren't foreshadowed in either.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Toon4Thought

Thank you, I appreciate it. :)

Which short was your favorite?

So far, "Raising the Roof". This is largely for finally giving EqG Apple Bloom and Scootaloo a substantial role (even if they get minimal dialogue), and Boulder Media's animation working to the short's advantage. I think they did a better job with the dancing than DHX probably would have.

But admittedly, I am looking forward to the others more. Largely because of Sunset, and a couple of the ideas peaking my interest a lot more. Hopefully they'll be released in some form this month, and it would only make sense if they did considering they are called "Summertime Shorts".

Edited by Toon4Thought
  • Brohoof 2