Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request shop Midnight's Temporary Request Shop (Closed; all slots filled!!!)

MidnightFire1222

(edited)

Hey everyone! I'm MidnightFire1222. I recently got back active on this site and I'm considering opening a commissions shop. I'd like to get a little more well known first, so I'm going to be offering requests to 5 people. It's first come, first serve, so I urge you to post while you can.

What the requests will be:

• Full color with shading and possibly a simple background if the requester wants one.

What I'll need:

• Reference image (multiple images are okay)
  • A clear picture of the cutie mark if applicable (can be on reference image as long as I can see it)
  • Whether on not the requester would like a background
  • What you would like your character to be doing (unless you want to leave it up to me)

Examples:

Spoiler

597d551162e3c_SeaponyOctaviaMelody.thumb.jpg.5327a51d1689c07e9b6df9e29fcb6de4.jpg

597d55b43d936_ReSilverEyesforBladeDeeHunterondeviantart.thumb.jpg.85ae0768a805988c66c510b5b8da09cb.jpg

597d5459d48b7_TradeBlueCottonandBerry.thumb.jpg.a6c8bb250af76859e09867b8852ead2c.jpgimageproxy.php?img=&key=440495ccd3fef3a5

597d54b94bddc_ReSlyforGamePonySlyondeviantart.thumb.jpg.28a6caad6d4ce4654920cee9aa3f824c.jpg

597d55094c637_SeaponiesRaspberryEldanandFairyfloss.thumb.jpg.5041b39e68483fbe56dd78d45b0862ed.jpg

597d55a441009_RERedforRedHoofsketchondeviantart.thumb.jpg.191456e1d450d6258960b51adf027eb4.jpg

Slots:

1) Techno Universal (DONE)

2) AJFan89 (DONE)

3) Drago Ryder (DONE)

4) Venomous (DONE)

5) Glacies Frost (NOT STARTED)

Edited by MidnightFire1222

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

Hey everyone! I'm MidnightFire1222. I recently got back active on this site and I'm considering opening a commissions shop. I'd like to get a little more well known first, so I'm going to be offering requests to 5 people. It's first come, first serve, so I urge you to post while you can.

What the requests will be:

• Full color with shading and possibly a simple background if the requester wants one.

What I'll need:

• Reference image (multiple images are okay)
  • A clear picture of the cutie mark if applicable (can be on reference image as long as I can see it)
  • Whether on not the requester would like a background
  • What you would like your character to be doing (unless you want to leave it up to me)

Examples:

Reveal hidden contents

597d551162e3c_SeaponyOctaviaMelody.thumb.jpg.5327a51d1689c07e9b6df9e29fcb6de4.jpg

597d55b43d936_ReSilverEyesforBladeDeeHunterondeviantart.thumb.jpg.85ae0768a805988c66c510b5b8da09cb.jpg

597d5459d48b7_TradeBlueCottonandBerry.thumb.jpg.a6c8bb250af76859e09867b8852ead2c.jpgimageproxy.php?img=&key=440495ccd3fef3a5

597d54b94bddc_ReSlyforGamePonySlyondeviantart.thumb.jpg.28a6caad6d4ce4654920cee9aa3f824c.jpg

597d55094c637_SeaponiesRaspberryEldanandFairyfloss.thumb.jpg.5041b39e68483fbe56dd78d45b0862ed.jpg

597d55a441009_RERedforRedHoofsketchondeviantart.thumb.jpg.191456e1d450d6258960b51adf027eb4.jpg

Slots:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Okay so I guess I'm first! So maybe you could try drawing my OC Techno! But still I've been wondering what he would look like with a cape soI guess this is the perfect opportunity! Now his cape would be around five meters long so it's massive basically. It would be a dark navy blue with blue circuit board patterns all over it. The colour for the circuit patterns would be the same as his mane and tail so you can copy the colour from them. Also his cape would be attached to the underside of the back and sides of his collar. Now for the scene I was thinking that he would be in a windy grass felid with clear skies in the day. It would also look really nice to have his cape' mane and tail flowing in the wind plus everything else is in the ref image! Now he would probably have a proud like face on and he would probably be looking at you! :)

image.thumb.jpeg.77be924aa7b6052959a50d6e757b94ec.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Okay so I guess I'm first! So maybe you could try drawing my OC Techno! But still I've been wondering what he would look like with a cape soI guess this is the perfect opportunity! Now his cape would be around five meters long so it's massive basically. It would be a dark navy blue with blue circuit board patterns all over it. The colour for the circuit patterns would be the same as his mane and tail so you can copy the colour from them. Also his cape would be attached to the underside of the back and sides of his collar. Now for the scene I was thinking that he would be in a windy grass felid with clear skies in the day. It would also look really nice to have his cape' mane and tail flowing in the wind plus everything else is in the ref image! Now he would probably have a proud like face on and he would probably be looking at you! :)

image.thumb.jpeg.77be924aa7b6052959a50d6e757b94ec.jpeg

Ooo, this will be quite a challenge. I've never done circuit board patterns before, or a cape flowing in the wind. Quick question; is that his cutie mark in the bottom left of his ref image? Just want to be certain.

4 minutes ago, AJFan89 said:

Are you able to do this OC for me? http://imgur.com/a/vFq5n

http://imgur.com/a/rR6r7

I would like to have a background for her.

What kind of background are you looking for? Just something simple please.

1 minute ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

Ooo, this will be quite a challenge. I've never done circuit board patterns before, or a cape flowing in the wind. Quick question; is that his cutie mark in the bottom left of his ref image? Just want to be certain.

Well what sort of background can you do?

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Drago Ryder said:

Could I get a picture of Dawn as a merpomy? The link can be found in my signature below. I leave everything else up to you.

The way I do my seaponies/merponies is that I reference real fish tails and color patterns (not necessarily the same color). What fish tail would you like Dawn to have? Also what does her cutie mark actually look like? I read it on her bio but there are many types of flowers that can be frozen. Also, do you have a larger image of her? That one is too small to work off of too well.

2 minutes ago, AJFan89 said:

Well what sort of background can you do?

I'm only offering simple backgrounds for these requests, so any like the ones in the examples i included in the top post.

Edited by MidnightFire1222

1 minute ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

The way I do my seaponies/merponies is that I reference real fish tails and color patterns (not necessarily the same color). What fish tail would you like Dawn to have? Also what does her cutie mark actually look like? I read it on her bio but there are many types of flowers that can be frozen. Also, do you have a larger image of her? That one is too small to work off of too well.

I'm only offering simple backgrounds for these requests, so any like the ones in the examples i included in the top post.

Actually, could you have a picture of Applejack swimming underwater like in that Octavia picture instead?

Just now, AJFan89 said:

Actually, could you have a picture of Applejack swimming underwater like in that Octavia picture instead?

Sure if you like. Are you sure that's what you want instead? Do you want her to be a seapony/merpony? What tail would you like her to have? Any fish is fine; that's just how I do my ponies. I don't want to directly copy the one that will be in the upcoming movie.

5 minutes ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

Hmmm... would a koi fish style work? As for the cutie mark, I was thinking of a rose. As for the image, would this work? It's slight differnt, but that shouldn't be a problem.

IMG_0117.PNG

2 minutes ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

Now yes on the bottom left of the ref image is definitely his cutie mark! Plus it's good to challenge yourself here and there to push your limits and get better at your art! I guess drawing this is going to make you quite a bit better at art plus when you start doing commissions the skills you have learned from this project will seriously benefit you in many ways! Plus if you need help with drawing his cape you could just look and learn off other images that other artists have made on the internet of ponies with capes. It's so you can learn the shading and line positioning techniques that you will need for the project! :)

Just now, Drago Ryder said:

Hmmm... would a koi fish style work? As for the cutie mark, I was thinking of a rose. As for the image, would this work? It's slight differnt, but that shouldn't be a problem.

IMG_0117.PNG

That image is perfect. Thank you. And sure I can do a koi fish, I did one before for a different request some time ago. Is there a certain style of koi fish you would like? I know they have different patterns and names that mean different things. A reference image of the color pattern you'd like to see would be helpful.

4 minutes ago, Drago Ryder said:

I was thinking silver scales with gold patches.

a9701f8ed0de73241f03b3bb48e753e0.jpg

As for the fin itself, could it be a bit longer? A example is listed below.

b5e184b319b428d9bb011c31276e121b.jpg

I'm pretty sure i could do that patterning on the first image while giving a longer tail like the second. I'm going to tell you now though, I'm not using the koi's actual colors. I'm basing Dawn's fish tail and patterns (spots, splotches, etc like other fish) on the koi, but I'll be using her color palette to do it (her fur, mane colors) or variations of her colors like in this request i did for adifferent koi-tailed seapony: http://midnightfire1222.deviantart.com/art/RE-Magnolia-seapony-648874553

Just now, Techno Universal said:

Okay so I just wanted to confirm that your all good to start work on the project! :)

I'll get to starting it when i can. These may take awhile and I may not do them in order. I always get them done however. Never failed to deliver a request yet, even if it may take awhile.

Just now, Drago Ryder said:

That's understandable. I look forward to seeing the final product.

Awesome. I'll get this done when I can.

3 minutes ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

I'll get to starting it when i can. These may take awhile and I may not do them in order. I always get them done however. Never failed to deliver a request yet, even if it may take awhile.

Awesome. I'll get this done when I can.

Okay awesome mate! Just take your time as I don't really mind waiting! :)

31 minutes ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

Sure if you like. Are you sure that's what you want instead? Do you want her to be a seapony/merpony? What tail would you like her to have? Any fish is fine; that's just how I do my ponies. I don't want to directly copy the one that will be in the upcoming movie.

I would like to have her as a regular earth pony like she normally is and yeah, that is the choice that I want.

5 minutes ago, AJFan89 said:

I would like to have her as a regular earth pony like she normally is and yeah, that is the choice that I want.

Okay, i can do normal swimming pony. Maybe i can put a snorkel and airtank on her, or jsut have her holding her breath.

Okay, i can do normal swimming pony. Maybe i can put a snorkel and airtank on her, or jsut have her holding her breath.

Maybe you can add a snorkel and airtank on her.

Hello, @MidnightFire1222

I would like to request a photo of my MLP:FiM OC, Wolf Tracks. Could you please draw her with a rather serious expression on her face with a snowy/wintery background? If by this time your shop is closed, I will understand. Your time is truly appreciated.

Reference:

IMG_4352.thumb.JPG.0aba015f34f078e6e5b64402af19ce1e.JPG

8 minutes ago, Venomous said:

Hello, @@MidnightFire1222

I would like to request a photo of my MLP:FiM OC, Wolf Tracks. Could you please draw her with a rather serious expression on her face with a snowy/wintery background? If by this time your shop is closed, I will understand. Your time is truly appreciated.

Reference:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_4352.thumb.JPG.0aba015f34f078e6e5b64402af19ce1e.JPG

You're just in time. So I'll do your request.

2 minutes ago, Glacies Frost said:

If you could do Glacies, I would be honored.

\GlaciesShaded.thumb.png.103c9430940ad50353cd5eea33a52813.png

He's adorable. Do you want a background? If so, what of? Keep in mind it needs to stay simple. Is there anything specific you want him to be doing?

You're just in time. So I'll do your request.

He's adorable. Do you want a background? If so, what of? Keep in mind it needs to stay simple. Is there anything specific you want him to be doing?

No preference on the background. I'm just curious to see what you can do with him. I love seeing new artwork.