Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Vegetarian, Vegan, Pescetarian?

Meeps

I get it it's healthier and stuff but I don't really can't get behind that since I don't really care about healthiness at all it's good enough for me that I even manage to get something down my throat

I eat meat on a daily basis, no offense but I've tried vegan chili (my school was having a meatless monday) and it tasted like cardboard. Also, how can people afford to go vegan? It's like 12 dollars for that fake tofu ham stuff. Jesus. 

1 hour ago, Hachiroku said:

I eat meat on a daily basis, no offense but I've tried vegan chili (my school was having a meatless monday) and it tasted like cardboard. Also, how can people afford to go vegan? It's like 12 dollars for that fake tofu ham stuff. Jesus. 

I've found that school provided lunches don't believe in seasoning their food lol.  Vegan or vegetarian dishes can be just as seasoned as more "normal" meals, they can also be just as unseasoned as "normal" meals but the problem is that vegan meals need to rely more on seasonings since they can be a bit tasteless unlike resorting to the meat's flavour itself.  I agree though, faux meats can be ridiculously expensive but if you learn how to make your own(like seitan) you tend to save a lot of money.  Those faux meats are mostly for just a treat or for people who have only recently converted to veganism or vegetarianism.  Most people that have been on this particular diet for a while kinda know how to avoid wasting money on faux meats.  I've been a vegetarian for a little over a year and I only get faux meat sausages sometimes since I don't really need to eat them anymore since I can make my own seitan sausages for less money than buying already prepared sausages.  The prices can be a bit ridiculous!!

I wish I could say that I am a vegetarian because I strongly believe in animal rights, but truthfully, I just really don't like meat. It's a preference. It makes me feel so much better on the inside and out. Now, it's probably different for everyone, but after I stopped eating meat, my skin cleared up, I lost weight, it was easier to excersize, and I just felt...cleaner on the inside. But this is just me. :grin:

When it come to ethics I sincerely disagree since animals meant for consumption in society are treated as products and not sentient beings. 

As for evolution, consider how we (homosapians) as a species have developed over the years our teeth (canines) are miniscule, our physical strengh reduced and intellect allows for nutrients without explloitation of animals come to think of it a plant diet is the next step in evolution and a tasty one might I add.

however my heart sank when I saw Fluttershy feed an otter fish that was once alive and would hate to think of how she aquired that animal. although it is biologically natural for otters to consume fish (bassed on there shortened intestines and physilogy) I sincerley believe predatory animals should fend for themselves and not require the aid of equines lol although I always have a soft spot for that bear that lives with Fluttershy he's such a sweety.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:51 AM, Lunar Glow said:
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 1:01 AM, Califorum said:

Never eat meat. Ever. Since day 1 on this earth. 

YOU ARE AN AMAZIN PONY!!!! :pinkie:

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 1:05 AM, Dukefancypants said:

I never ate meat in my life I gave up eggs three years ago

YOU ARE AWESOME!! B)

When it comes to defending animal right's some ponies can be very passionate and rightly so, did you know only 4% of mammals on earth are wild ( Humans turned earth into a factory farm) and after all the research I have done on the topic of animal consumption it becomes apparent that the main reason why we do it is for pleasure. PLEASURE!! can you believe it? an entire animals existence denied of compassion just for a few moments of taste sensation for a species that is ultimately killing themselves through heart disease (the highest cause of death in any developed world) killing the very planet that protected them and killing sentient creatures that are more innocent than any human being.

Here's a question when a lion disembowels a gazelle it gets its appetite going but when you see slaughterhouse footage do you get put off your food or even offended?

there's a reason for that and there is a reason for why we still eat meat in 2018.

BTW DR Melanie Joy has a doctorate so you have to listen lol

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
On 5/27/2018 at 5:39 AM, Hachiroku said:

Pretty simple actually. My go to cheap meal when I was eating vegan was a bean burritos from taco bell with no cheese add pico, guacamole, and chopped onions.

I like Kursgezagt take on the whole thing. If you can go full vegan or vegetarian then go on, if not just reduce the intake of meat and treat eating meat with the respect the animals that suffer deserve for you to have it in your plate with the type of horrible conditions they have to be and the effects it causes to the everything. Don't indulge yourself in it like it's a faire or "free" for the planet and the economy to afford your disproportionate luxury. 

Humans are omnivores, there's no denying that. Maybe there was a time where they didn't had to but for you to be ok and healthy and live more, have good defenses and all you have to eat meat. Even vegans have to take pills and substitutes to compensate for the meat they don't eat. So It's not bad if you eat it but just do it sparingly and adequately. Prefer veggies and legumes or cereals during the week, eat chicken or fish twice or thrice during that time, and on saturday or sunday you can eat one small piece of red meat, if not then every two weekends. 

I'm trying to do so myself. I do like meat though try not to eat as much but my family is pretty much carnivores, they are kinda huge so to speak, so it's difficult for me to actually do a diet or balance of any sort because in the fridge is the only thing you can find or they simply buy things for me and guilt trip me into eating it, adding the pandemic where I can't go outside and my job that hasn't stopped at all I can't go buy my stuff or do exercise to burn the excess like I used to. 

Edited by Ittoni

Well  i do go  vegetarian for two weeks a year for a pagan highday that is all bout the harvest.  I don't eat meat for two weeks and I'm not a huge meat eater,  like twice in two weeks I do. But I won't give up my burgers or nice turkey day streak. :twi:

• 1 year later...

Vegetarian/pescetarian. No farm animals, birds or anything that bleeds on the land. There are a few reasons for this, some are occult, some are not.
It is not only the the suffering and trauma some of these farm animals are subjected to, since they are treated inhumanely before and after their slaughter. But also the massive amount of antibodies, hormones, steroids and various vaccines they pump these animals with. Some of which are intended for the consumers.
But more importantly. No pagan practices for me. So, no blood consumption, much less from a terrorized victim, given the effect this has on the body and the spirit. So, I am mostly vegetarian from organic sources.

• Brohoof 1

I am mostly vegetarian. I will eat pepperoni on Pizza but beyond that, I am entirely vegetarian. I realize the cruelty humanity commits on a regular basis and I want to avoid contributing to that. I find it revolting, disgusting, and inhuman what humanity does to animals on an industrial scale.

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, TheGleaner said:

I don't get the "cruelly killed" comments...as the way they are processed now is the least stressful and quickest death we have found so far.

Also if everyone becomes vegan... Green house would be quicker and we end up killing ourselves quicker too...

19 hours ago, TheGleaner said:

I don't get the "cruelly killed" comments...as the way they are processed now is the least stressful and quickest death we have found so far.

Doesn't exactly make it right, but that's just me. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, -Buttercup- said:

Doesn't exactly make it right, but that's just me. 

I was meaning the way that atleast 99%, at least in North America or Canada and the USA, is...nice, if that's a way to say it, compared to methods of the past and other religions. One thump and that's it.

Or if you or whoever is just completely against meat as a diet, my rebuttal is Temple Grandin's quote("If we didn't eat them, they would just be funny looking animals at the zoo") and the fact that the US and Canada still has prairies for that reason. No animal agriculture, no prairies, they'll become fields.

Edited by TheGleaner

8 hours ago, TheGleaner said:

I was meaning the way that atleast 99%, at least in North America or Canada and the USA, is...nice, if that's a way to say it, compared to methods of the past and other religions. One thump and that's it.

Or if you or whoever is just completely against meat as a diet, my rebuttal is Temple Grandin's quote("If we didn't eat them, they would just be funny looking animals at the zoo") and the fact that the US and Canada still has prairies for that reason. No animal agriculture, no prairies, they'll become fields.

Well I don't particularly care about the prairies or anything like that. I fail to understand how that's a rebuttal, as that's actually a good thing, heh.  

(edited)

I need my meat like beef, chicken, pork, lamb and seafood, my answer is no.

I could live as a pescetarian if I had to and I like some vegetarian meals and stuff which are yummy.

I could never cut meat out of my life completely though, sorry about that.

Edited by TheRockARooster