Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Space Civilization

Star Gear

(edited)

I am a huge sci fi fan and I have been wondering for a while what a pony space civilisation would look like? Especially considering how many races live on equestria or eques. Had a couple ideas but what do you guys think? How will equestria look in a couple thousand years?

Edited by Star Gear

To be honest that's sort of already the case with the Troneon worlds with my theory as there's thousands of city planets that are scattered across universes. Anyways I wonder when your going to upload our video? Maybe it would be a good idea to do it this week as this week is the halfway point in your 6 week trip! :)

40 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

To be honest that's sort of already the case with the Troneon worlds with my theory as there's thousands of city planets that are scattered across universes. Anyways I wonder when your going to upload our video? Maybe it would be a good idea to do it this week as this week is the halfway point in your 6 week trip! :)

I am working on it. Not sure when it will go up but it will in the next couple weeks. Didn't have that much time to work on it. Been spending a lot of time with family and relaxing after a stressful school year. But it will be done don't worry about it.

1 hour ago, Star Gear said:

I am working on it. Not sure when it will go up but it will in the next couple weeks. Didn't have that much time to work on it. Been spending a lot of time with family and relaxing after a stressful school year. But it will be done don't worry about it.

Okay to be honest I guess that's logical! :)

I've actually contemplated what a pony sci-fi series would look like, especially given that we've had a series set in medieval times, the early 90s, whatever G3's messed up time frame is, and FiM's vaguely post-colonial but also semi-modern setting that could fit up until maybe post WWII.  Granted, I have a hard time picturing ponies in the current decade (hooves and touch screens), let alone in a sci-fi future, but I'm also quite intrigued by the idea, and if someone could write a story that makes it work, I'd be impressed.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, AlbaTross said:

I've actually contemplated what a pony sci-fi series would look like, especially given that we've had a series set in medieval times, the early 90s, whatever G3's messed up time frame is, and FiM's vaguely post-colonial but also semi-modern setting that could fit up until maybe post WWII.  Granted, I have a hard time picturing ponies in the current decade (hooves and touch screens), let alone in a sci-fi future, but I'm also quite intrigued by the idea, and if someone could write a story that makes it work, I'd be impressed.

I am actual thinking about doing a pony sci fi story. There is a good one already though: awakening by solocitzen. My story is still in it's early planning stages. Have been having problems though designing the equestrian civilisation. Especially considering all the different races that inhabit the planet and how they would live and work together in a single civilisation. Especially things like sport, government system and military. How would all the races be able to work together in these areas. Also what would you call that civilisation since equestria is only the pony country. Also if you want to imagine a more modern equestria I would recommend fallout equestria as it does a great job at creating a more modern equestria.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Star Gear said:

I am actual thinking about doing a pony sci fi story. There is a good one already though: awakening by solocitzen. My story is still in it's early planning stages. Have been having problems though designing the equestrian civilisation. Especially considering all the different races that inhabit the planet and how they would live and work together in a single civilisation. Especially things like sport, government system and military. How would all the races be able to work together in these areas. Also what would you call that civilisation since equestria is only the pony country. Also if you want to imagine a more modern equestria I would recommend fallout equestria as it does a great job at creating a more modern equestria.

To be honest maybe I might be able to help you with your story! Plus one idea I have is that the entire world is run and ruled by one company called Celestial labs. They would also be the only company left in existence in equestria but it was a massive society project that would unite everybody in equestria into one big family. :)

Edited by Techno Universal

2 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

To be honest maybe I might be able to help you with your story! Plus one idea I have is that the entire world is run and ruled by one company called Celestial labs. They would also be the only company left in existence in equestria but it was a massive society project that would unite everybody in equestria into one big family. :)

Thats a nice idea, though I was heading more for a classical sci fi space opra story. This also doesn't really fit into the plans I have already made. Though I am thankful for your ideas!

1 hour ago, Star Gear said:

Thats a nice idea, though I was heading more for a classical sci fi space opra story. This also doesn't really fit into the plans I have already made. Though I am thankful for your ideas!

Just remember mate that my head is full of SCI-FI ideas and concepts! :)

27 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Just remember mate that my head is full of SCI-FI ideas and concepts! :)

Well my story will take place thousands of years in the future. All the races of eques have banded together and formed a parliamentary republic spanning thousands of planets (which have been colonized). They now exist among hundreds of alien races among the stars. The main problem I have is to make this soceity work considering how different in physiologies they are. Also coming up with a reason why the princesses have to rotate the sun and moon on that planet but no other.

17 minutes ago, Star Gear said:

Well my story will take place thousands of years in the future. All the races of eques have banded together and formed a parliamentary republic spanning thousands of planets (which have been colonized). They now exist among hundreds of alien races among the stars. The main problem I have is to make this soceity work considering how different in physiologies they are. Also coming up with a reason why the princesses have to rotate the sun and moon on that planet but no other.

To be honest in that sort of place in the future they would probably have digital magic as one of their primary technologies in equestria. :)

1 minute ago, Techno Universal said:

To be honest in that sort of place in the future they would probably have digital magic as one of their primary technologies in equestria. :)

Yeah true, though right now I am look more at how the society works utilising all the different species. And how to have technology that can be used by all species (as in operated).

2 hours ago, Star Gear said:

Yeah true, though right now I am look more at how the society works utilising all the different species. And how to have technology that can be used by all species (as in operated).

To be honest figuring out and engineering the society is one of the most complicated and hardest things to do. :) 

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

To be honest figuring out and engineering the society is one of the most complicated and hardest things to do. :) 

You would think the rocket science would be the hardest bit - after all, the rest isn't rocket science :)

• Brohoof 1

Just now, CypherHoof said:

You would think the rocket science would be the hardest bit - after all, the rest isn't rocket science :)

It's just the thing is you would literally need to create something that's as bib and as complex as my theory of equestria to create a society. It's mainly because you have to literally take everything into consideration! :)

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

It's just the thing is you would literally need to create something that's as bib and as complex as my theory of equestria to create a society. It's mainly because you have to literally take everything into consideration! :)

Well I am definitely going to try!

6 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

Okay but still feel free to ask me to design or help with anything that you have trouble with! :)

Thanks for the offer! Well with time I will figure out the equestrian civilisation. But do you have any idea for sports that could be played by all equestrian races? Might not seem important but these little things really help flesh out the world! Also if you have any ideas for alien races that could appear in my story I would really appreciate that!

2 hours ago, Star Gear said:

Thanks for the offer! Well with time I will figure out the equestrian civilisation. But do you have any idea for sports that could be played by all equestrian races? Might not seem important but these little things really help flesh out the world! Also if you have any ideas for alien races that could appear in my story I would really appreciate that!

To be honest with sports you could have robotic rocket ball. It's basically a game where robots that are three times the size of ponies compete with each other to play the original sport rocket ball. Now to be honest I did get the idea that there was an enemy alien civilisation that had an outpost city in equestria and they would occasionally launch attacks against city's and towns in equestria. Like maybe even the enemy civilisation was made up by just pony like robots and cyborgs. :) 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

To be honest with sports you could have robotic rocket ball. It's basically a game where robots that are three times the size of ponies compete with each other to play the original sport rocket ball. Now to be honest I did get the idea that there was an enemy alien civilisation that had an outpost city in equestria and they would occasionally launch attacks against city's and towns in equestria. Like maybe even the enemy civilisation was made up by just pony like robots and cyborgs. :) 

That rocket ball idea gave me an idea. What about a ball game played in a zero g environment where the players use smal rockets to manoeuvre and they try to launch the ball through a hoop at the other end of the stadium. Thanks for the inspiration! Also I am trying to create a huge universe so I am trying to create as many alien race as possible in case I need them in the story or want to reference some other things going on in that universe. I also had an idea to have an invading alien army. Also had the idea of their leader being under the influence of the same force that corrupted luna.

5 minutes ago, Star Gear said:

That rocket ball idea gave me an idea. What about a ball game played in a zero g environment where the players use smal rockets to manoeuvre and they try to launch the ball through a hoop at the other end of the stadium. Thanks for the inspiration! Also I am trying to create a huge universe so I am trying to create as many alien race as possible in case I need them in the story or want to reference some other things going on in that universe. I also had an idea to have an invading alien army. Also had the idea of their leader being under the influence of the same force that corrupted luna.

To be honest even we might have one alien race where the aliens are humans but the strange thing about them is that every single one of them is exactly the same so everyone looked like Tom Hanks for example. Plus they would be not talking at all but just giving you aggressive looks so it literally feels like that they want you killed when your around them. Plus I was also thinking that the leader of the invading alien army was actually an alicorn leader of equestria originally but when they got their position of power replaced by another pony they become their nightmare form over their jealousy and they left equestria and found the alien race that they took control of. So basically they want revenge on equestria because of how they were rejected out of their position of power. :) 

9 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

To be honest even we might have one alien race where the aliens are humans but the strange thing about them is that every single one of them is exactly the same so everyone looked like Tom Hanks for example. Plus they would be not talking at all but just giving you aggressive looks so it literally feels like that they want you killed when your around them. Plus I was also thinking that the leader of the invading alien army was actually an alicorn leader of equestria originally but when they got their position of power replaced by another pony they become their nightmare form over their jealousy and they left equestria and found the alien race that they took control of. So basically they want revenge on equestria because of how they were rejected out of their position of power. :) 

I'll be honest with you, I am not really a fan of humans in equestria. And literally all sci fi space fics I have found include humans so I wanted to write a story without humans.

1 minute ago, Star Gear said:

I'll be honest with you, I am not really a fan of humans in equestria. And literally all sci fi space fics I have found include humans so I wanted to write a story without humans.

Well really another thing I thought of was a strange race of giant mutated chickens. I could say that maybe ponies created them when they managed to mutate a bunch of chickens in a genetics lab somewhere. :)

Just now, Techno Universal said:

Well really another thing I thought of was a strange race of giant mutated chickens. I could say that maybe ponies created them when they managed to mutate a bunch of chickens in a genetics lab somewhere. :)

That would be hilarious! I'll keep it in mind.

Just now, Star Gear said:

That would be hilarious! I'll keep it in mind.

Or even funnier maybe the mutated chickens attack their enemies by literally bending over and shooting poop at them. Plus the city that the chickens have taken over would probably also be a massive mess of dried up chicken poop. :)