Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Cartoons you like better than MLP.

CastletonSnob

I like Steven Universe a bit better at this point... I also have a long-standing connection to older cartoons like Tom and Jerry and Bugs Bunny. The Barber of Seville scene is forever ingrained into my memory.

• Brohoof 1

My mind doesn't like to make up it's mind on things. Sometimes MLP is the best thing ever, sometimes something else trumps it in my mind. Right now, the anime Attack On Titan is taking over my drawing folder (which means it's in the forefront of my mind). :P

Classic SpongeBob SquarePants from before the fourth season is better. So is most of Steven Universe, as well as the combination of Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra. Then there's MLP: FiM, right up there with the other four but not necessarily superior.

I don't watch many cartoons, but I like Steven Universe more than MLP. The best stuff is more ambitious and powerful, and I've enjoyed its troubled recent seasons a little more often than those of MLP. 

From my experiences watching cartoons, there are a few better than MLP in my opinion. Among these would be old Spongebob, old Simpsons, We Bare Bears, and Steven Universe. Though MLP is still pretty high on my list of favorite cartoons.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Loud House in the slice of life aspect by looking beyond the typical bathroom humor. The show seems to pick up on some elements of FIM. They have a Spike x Rarity setup with Clyde and Lori. Some episodes have moral based stories, some that FIM won't ever touch. There are elements they have like two men as parents. 

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Here you go

Image result for Gravity falls

Image result for steven universe

Image result for star vs the forces of evil

Image result for samurai jack

Image result for rick and morty

Image result for over the garden wall

Image result for avatar last airbender

Also, if you're willing to consider Anime

Image result for fullmetal alchemist

Yes, these are two completely different shows.

Image result for fullmetal alchemist

Image result for death note

Image result for one punch man

Because stupid funny is the best kind of funny

Edited by Soaring Symphony

Right now there is no western cartoon that i care more than mlp.

I wont count anime because its unfair to compare a kids show with Evangelion (my favorite anime of all time), they are like a main course and a dessert to me.

None, MLP's not just my favorite cartoon, but my favorite show of all time. Only show that get's close is Doctor Who, but that's not really a cartoon, so it doesn't really matter here. I like a lot of newer and older shows, mostly ones from Cartoon Network, but in the end it's always MLP that I return to and enjoy the most.

Hi there, @VG_Addict! Since your thread mainly focuses on shows outside of MLP, I am moving it to Media Discussion. Thanks! :) 

Adventure time, aside from the nonsensical drivel, it raises some interest ideas and concepts, hardly present in other forms of media.

Over the garden wall, due to its grim yet picturesque folklore. Also, its brief nature saves me the effort of getting the ball rolling all over again.

I think there are definitely cartoons that are more consistent in quality than MLP. MLP tends to vary in quality. For every Perfect Pear or Amending Fences, there's a Mysterious Mare-Do-Well or Applejack's Day Off.

(edited)

So many, but narrowing it down to 2000s toons.

Naruto

Wolf's Rain

The Peacemaker

Black Butler

Phineas and Ferb

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Danny Phantom

Teen Titans before it got ruined

Thundercats reboot, what a shame they cut it off so early

Edited by Leave a Whisper

As much as I love watching MLP--I'm including Equestria Girls with it--there are other cartoons that I love even more, and were ones that existed back in the 1980s. Some of them include Thundercats, The Transformers, Heathcliff and the Catillac Cats, Garfield & Friends, The Super Mario Bros. Super Show, and He-Man/She-Ra.